• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • Find the best prices and largest volumes across Push, Popunder, and Native Ad Networks. Discover traffic price drops with Traffic Lab's historical data!
    Check out Traffic Lab!

Push Notification Landing Page - 4 Points of Monetization

OpenAFF is the first technology affiliate network

Luke

Admin
Staff Member
Community Leader
I have been testing my own push notification landing page to drive subscribers to Monetizer, PropellerAds (Propush.me) DatsPush, and Evadav. I ripped a bunch of push notification landers from those sources as well as a TON I found on AdPlexity mobile.

One thing I like about testing these LPs and driving push subscribers through my own LPs compared to smartlinks (I've been using smartlinks primarily for about a year) is you can really attempt to monetize the visitor. I imagine most of the push companies are doing this that you can get smartlinks from, but so far I've had more success doing it myself and it's easier to try the revenue generated.

The 4 points (events) of monetization I am doing right now are:
  1. Allowed - when the user clicks to allow the site to send them push notifications, I am paid a revshare for the revenue generated from that subscriber AND I can redirect them to another CPA offer.
  2. Denied - when the user clicks to deny the site from sending them push notifications, I send them to another push notification offer or CPA offer.
  3. Back button redirect - while it seems Chrome is making changes to how we can do back button redirects, I am still using it and still monetizing users who click the back button by sending them to another push notification offer or CPA offer.
  4. Meta refresh after 20 seconds - I am also automatically redirecting the user to another offer after 20 seconds if they are still on my landing page. I am going to be split testing whether this helps or hurts my odds of generating revenue from that visitor, but for now I am sending them to a different push notification landing page.
I have set up this type of campaign and tracked it on Voluum, PeerClick, and BeMob already. It's fairly simple. I will work on a guide for later this week showing how it's done with an example landing page :)

RollerAds
Squeezing it to the max :)

Talking about long term value :)
Absolutely. With this types of campaigns, the payouts are so small that you need to squeeze them for extra revenue.

I did a little test on BeMob shortly after posting this and here are the results:

(pop traffic from PropellerAds)

The first row shows 0 conversions because Monetizer does not postback when someone subscribers (they postback revenue which is better anyway), but there are 691 subscribers generated (3.5% CR) and those subscribers were sent to the smartlink from Monetizer once they subscribed (no revenue generated from that though).

45% clicked to deny the subscription, but 60 of those people ended up subscribing on another push notification offer.

19% clicked back and were redirected to another push subscription offer (16 conversions).

10% did not do anything for 20 seconds and were redirected to another push subscription offer (35 conversions).

What are some good ways I am not monetizing this traffic at the moment? One thing I could do is another popunder so once the user clicks something on the page, I could popunder another push offer or CPA offer. Any other ideas? :)

What types of landers have you found to work best? Music? Fake video? Robot?

Are you doing rev share for the push offers or CPA? If rev share... do any of those companies post back each time revenue is generated?

What types of landers have you found to work best? Music? Fake video? Robot?
Fake video seems to convert best. The robot landers also seem to do alright. A big split test for each GEO you want to pursue subscribers in is probably the best bet because different types of LPs seem to perform differently across the board. The one that looks like YouTube overall seems to be the winner.

I did see some interesting results on PopCash, but their traffic overall seems to convert lower.

Evadav and DatsPush have a ton of LPs you can test/rip.

Are you doing rev share for the push offers or CPA? If rev share... do any of those companies post back each time revenue is generated?
I am split testing both. My BIGGEST complaint right now is that no one seems to postback revenueshare earnings and it's INSANE. I've spoke with @Evadav and it sounds like they're going to make it so you can pull that revenue via an API, but I DO NOT understand why it's so complicated that every push network cannot just set it up so whenever revenue is generated, the postback is fired (bonus points if you fire the correct clickid so we can track actual revenue for actual campaigns).

I've also started discussions with my account manager on @DatsPush to do this, but so far it's not encouraging.

@Monetizer does postback revenue in the form of leads once a threshold has been met (like $0.01 total revenue for India). As far as I know, they are the only company doing this so far so big thumbs up to Monetizer.

Yeah I donโ€™t understand why no one can postback the clickid each time revenue is generated on rev share...

Each company makes it complicated why they donโ€™t, like there would be a lot of postbacks. Yeah there would be a lot, but is it really that resource intensive to send a postback?

Monetizerโ€™s approach doesnโ€™t seem the best from my discussion with them. The revenue is batched... meaning several clickids can be part of one postback, making the revenue getting attributed to a different click/source. Thatโ€™s what you donโ€™t want.

Yeah I donโ€™t understand why no one can postback the clickid each time revenue is generated on rev share...

Each company makes it complicated why they donโ€™t, like there would be a lot of postbacks. Yeah there would be a lot, but is it really that resource intensive to send a postback?

Monetizerโ€™s approach doesnโ€™t seem the best from my discussion with them. The revenue is batched... meaning several clickids can be part of one postback, making the revenue getting attributed to a different click/source. Thatโ€™s what you donโ€™t want.
True but at least it's something.

The answer to this is no. It's not complicated or resource intensive at all. It's just dumb.

@Monetizer you should lead the way by allowing us to choose to get our postback fired for all revenue generated with the clickid. Then, we can actually track how a campaign is performing :)

Oh, and I'm not leaving @Realpush out of this discussion either. I have been asking you guys to postback my revenue for like a year. It's part of the reason I haven't ever scaled with you. Make it so your publishers can add their postback to your platform without going through their account manager and make it so the postback is fired on every revenue share.

How much does propush.me pays when you get them a push subscriber for t1 countries ? Does it worth a try ? @Luke
The only problem with propeller is there are no categories.

How much does propush.me pays when you get them a push subscriber for t1 countries ?
i think that depends on the device and country....ETC, they may have a chart for that, have you checked them ?.
they may mention the average payout for each subscription.

@Luke @Nick just heard back we can actually support this, in the sense we can postback for every click, but we can't be held liable for the financials as we may over report or under report slightly, due to the volume, but it should be great for optimising purposes as it will be 95% accurate

will update once live (y)

It's because of big data volumes. We will need to operate enormous servers and your tracker would be dead๐Ÿ’€
Instead of postback we offer API option to receive your revshare data

@Luke @Nick just heard back we can actually support this, in the sense we can postback for every click, but we can't be held liable for the financials as we may over report or under report slightly, due to the volume, but it should be great for optimising purposes as it will be 95% accurate

Would be fantastic if you could send the postback to the right clickID each time someone clicks on a push. Even if it's just 95% accurate that's way better than how it is now.

It's because of big data volumes. We will need to operate enormous servers and your tracker would be dead๐Ÿ’€
Instead of postback we offer API option to receive your revshare data

I get that data volumes would be big, but I don't see how it would put so much strain on the server sending individual postbacks that you'd need enormous servers. I also can't see how it would kill the tracker receiving many postbacks...

By posting back the revenue each time it's generated when someone clicks on the ads it allows media buyers/affiliates to scale their campaigns by knowing exactly where the revenue-generating subscribers are coming from, which means more high-quality subscribers for you that actually click, which then means more revenue for you because you're getting more clicks on your push notification ads.

I'd say I'm an amateur programmer at best (so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about), but this simple task seems like an obvious upgrade that would help everyone involved make more of this: ๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ต๐Ÿค‘

I agree with you it would be an useful feature. I'll try to convince our programmers to develop it;)

For how long do you expect to send postbacks to advertiser? A week, longer?

I agree with you it would be an useful feature. I'll try to convince our programmers to develop it;)
Awesome. Yeah, it won't kill our tracker. Our tracker is only pinged when WE get the postback revenue. If that is happening a lot, it just helps us pay for the tracker ;)

@dood should be this week.

It's worth noting this will only work for the Smartlink (option 1), not the external script (option 2) since theres no clickid with that

It's worth noting this will only work for the Smartlink (option 1), not the external script (option 2) since theres no clickid with that

Is there any plans to support clickid for option 2? Is it possible?

Is there any plans to support clickid for option 2? Is it possible?

Or at least some reports by domain, URL or something like that.. that would be really useful!