Guide mVAS 101: Ultimate Guide to Mobile Content Offers

Edu-Money

SECTION 2: How to Promote mVAS Offers Successfully​

In this section I'm going to take a deeper dive into promoting mVAS offers successfully. I'm going to go into how to choose quality offers, how to run quality traffic, how to set up effective campaigns and I'll touch on a few tips and tricks to get ahead of your competition and get some green results on the board.

I'll be updating this section very soon, so stay tuned and in the meantime, hit reply and ask any questions you'd like me to answer or share your experience promoting mVAS offers - good and bad - and I'll see what I can do about tailoring this section to the kinds of things you really want to talk about.

Looking forward to SECTION 2 if the plan is still to do it.

Reactions: Ack
Adsterra
So i am currently testing mvas offers with Golden Goose but a problem I have run into is this: my AM will tell me offer "X" is one of their top performers. I check it out and see it's a south african offer (just an example) and it pays out $0.25.

So i go into propellerads and I check out the inventory by typing in the country (ZA) and for 3g traffic, the rates are from $3-$8 CPMs.

My question is how do you find and test good offers when their GEO rates can be expensive ($4-$12 CPM recommended bids) but the payout is not that much?

What are the requirements when testing? Do you go for minimum bids? medium bids? And what payouts are you looking for when rates are somewhat high?

Or should I not worry about paying expensive rates with low paying offers, so long as conversions are steady & plentiful?

Note: I do all my testing with regular CPA on propellerAds. Is Smart Goal or SmartCPM a better option for testing multiple offers?

Last edited:
So i am currently testing mvas offers with Golden Goose but a problem I have run into is this: my AM will tell me offer "X" is one of their top performers. I check it out and see it's a south african offer (just an example) and it pays out $0.25.

So i go into propellerads and I check out the inventory by typing in the country (ZA) and for 3g traffic, the rates are from $3-$8 CPMs.

My question is how do you find and test good offers when their GEO rates can be expensive ($4-$12 CPM recommended bids) but the payout is not that much?

What are the requirements when testing? Do you go for minimum bids? medium bids? And what payouts are you looking for when rates are somewhat high?

Or should I not worry about paying expensive rates with low paying offers, so long as conversions are steady & plentiful?

Note: I do all my testing with regular CPA on propellerAds. Is Smart Goal or SmartCPM a better option for testing multiple offers?
Personally, I'd focus on finding a good converting offer or couple of them, and if you normally use target cpa in propellerads for example, you normally just focus on that kpi especifically (the cpa). The algo will bid whatever CPM is out there, I would not worry too much on that if the CPA is still profitable.

With a good list of sources and data, then you can start switching to other types of bid strategies, but going for certain and known zone ids and variables.

Btw ZA is an incredibly competitive market as well, such as Indonesia, so perhaps you could try less competitive alternatives, and also beware of the words of aff network's AMs, they tell you what they need to push. Do your own investigation and check eCPMs/eCPCs and multiple sources of information. There is amazing content coming from @DEADZ about that topic.

Best of lucks!