Run Traffic on Landings?
Get a cash back on what you already spend with push notifications

Step 14 - Success / Failure Stories

Dolphin
Okay, so you made it all the way through our first guide. Please let us know how it went for you! It's not likely you were overly profitable with your $10 spend, but feel free to post a screenshot of your BeMob stats so we can see how you did! :)

It's a great Guide just s few steps took some getting used to but with repetition things always gets easier.

I got some great help from some forum members which was totally helpful and made things easier for me, thanks guys!

As for the 2 test Campaigns, was not profitable at all unfortunately, spent $20 total. I am trying to decide now on how to proceed.

As for the Bemob Stats, please see attached screenshots.

Attachments

• Countries 2.png
    Countries 2.png
    327.5 KB · Views: 43
  • bEMOB 3.png
    bEMOB 3.png
    231.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Saudi Arabia Drilldown.png
    Saudi Arabia Drilldown.png
    298.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Thailand Drilldown.png
    Thailand Drilldown.png
    281.7 KB · Views: 41
Affiliate
View attachment 6545

Guys, you have no idea how excited I am!! I was profitable by $1.24 in the second round. I am so excited because this is my first time actually making money from marketing from this kind. And I can really scale this! Luke, you are the true legend. I will forever be grateful for you!
What changes have you made ?

Hi Everybody,

I have followed @Luke's guide and this is how I did it and my results.

Luke was suggesting Mobipium as the network, BeMob as the tracker, and PopAds as the traffic source. Luckily I already had an access and some experience for all of this plus access to PopCash traffic source with some money on it. So I create same campaign on PopCash also, just because need to run this as quick as possible.

First test before optimizing.

View attachment 6608

Below details are directly from my simple notepad jurnel.

Global - PopAds - WW-Android-Chrome| Visits 23913| Spends : $4.34

Performing offers: 3,4,5
Countries:
Offer1: Turkey, South Korea
Offer2: Not profitable*
Offer3: Mexico
Offer4: Mexico, South Korea
Offer5: Ecuador

------------------------------------

Global - PopCash - WW-Android-Chrome| Visits 20667 | Spends : $4.20

Performing offers: 3,4
Countries:
Offer1: Morocco, Colombia
Offer2: Morocco, Peru
Offer3: Poland, Colombia
Offer4: Italy, Saudi Arabia, Mexico
Offer5: Not profitable*

1)First Optimization Offer + Countries. And add $2.5 for each traffic source for testing.

I selected best offers on BeMob and best countries on traffic sources.

2)Second Optimization when the camp running-Offer + Countries/ Create country base rules on BeMob to guide traffic to well performing offers for each country.
This is actually not in the Luke's training. I create country base rules on the BeMobe and directed those traffic to the best performing offers for each country. I did this because I thought that those selected countries are working and working best only for some offers, so I directed those countries to best offers for those countries. I hope you understand what I said :)

Something Like below. (Kindly tell me what I did here was correct or wrong and why in your opinion)

View attachment 6610

Results after this...
View attachment 6611

Oh, yheeee..... @Luke rocks....... Thank you, Luke and everybody in the AffLift forum, First time in my life I got GREEN in my campaign....

Well this is not full camp, but after optimizing, but still it GREEN...

This is the whole camp....

View attachment 6612

Then comes the third optimization

3)Third Optimization website IDs

I got all the profitable Website Ids for both the traffic sources and white listed them.
I try to optimize by categories too but unfortunately for PopAds the main General category number also in the list when I select that everything get selected. So, I leave it as it is.

Then complete camp runs for like two days every day I increase the budget on PopAds because it runs only for few hours per day. But on PopCash daily spend was like less than $1 and very less traffic.
I didn't try to increase bid because it feels like I will get no profit if I do that.

After first optimization to today results...
View attachment 6613
And from the beginning to end...
View attachment 6614
Today I Found that one country is preforming well on PopAds, so I am creating new camp for that on PopAds and run all the offers on that.

Thank you everybody...
Can you please clarify how to guide traffic to well performing offers for each country ?

Hehe. Another thing you can do is just rescale your server for tests like that if you’re using a service that allows that like DigitalOcean. Then rescale it back down when you don’t need so much power.
@Nick @k@rnivore please can you clarify that concept it’s new to me why do you need a server and why change to binom

@Nick @k@rnivore please can you clarify that concept it’s new to me why do you need a server and why change to binom
Binom is a self-hosted tracker, so you need your own server to run it unlike the cloud hosted providers (BeMob, Voluum, etc.). Rescaling just simply means increasing/decreasing server power on demand.

View attachment 6545

Guys, you have no idea how excited I am!! I was profitable by $1.24 in the second round. I am so excited because this is my first time actually making money from marketing from this kind. And I can really scale this! Luke, you are the true legend. I will forever be grateful for you!
Looks like you were only profitable for the hour you chose to look at. What profit is indicated for the whole campaign?

Hi Luke,I learn a lot after through this guide,and my result is like this as below:

Summary:

After round I remove No.2 and No.4 offer,final result of the offer as below:

This is from PopAds:

This is from MOBIPIUM:

It seems the clicks lost a lot.
Luke,I want to ask how to update the cost of Bemob.You can see the record from Bemob is $8.92,but actually I cost $10.02. So how can update the cost at Bemob?And if I update the cost,whether the other data will be updated automatically?:unsure:

I learn a lot after through this guide,and my result is like this as below
Looks like quite a bit learned for $5 :D

It seems the clicks lost a lot.
Clickloss is common with pops. It does seem somewhat high though overall. This is one of the many reasons I don't use BeMob as my primary tracker. You may also have been impacted by their recent downtime. It does work well for this specific course though since it's free.

Luke,I want to ask how to update the cost of Bemob.You can see the record from Bemob is $8.92,but actually I cost $10.02. So how can update the cost at Bemob?And if I update the cost,whether the other data will be updated automatically?:unsure:
Go to Campaigns, click on the campaign you want to edit the cost for, and then click the Update Cost button:

hello @Luke

here are the results I received following your guide:

I am glad 50% of ad spend is covered and it is amazing to learn this procedure step-by-step but I would like also to understand the logic behind it as well.

1) Smartlink offers come as a pack of landing pages that offer visitors to subscribe to Mobipium push notifications, correct? So when it comes to choosing a separate offer (not pack) from Mobipium's market place, if you go to Push Notifications section there - it is empty. There are other campaigns with higher bids. How should we adjust bids based on an offer's payout?

This is how the winning offer looks like overall:

overall countries report 3rd offer.PNG

2) So how would you further optimize this campaign? Is it necessary to split this into two campaign according to different time zones? Europe - 1 campaign, the rest - 2 campaign? Does it actually matter in PPV or I pay only when someone sees the campaign. So if I advertise to both South Korea where it is 11 am and Netherlands where it is 5 am, only someone who doesn't sleep in Netherlands would see an ad and I should not worry that I am wasting budget?

3) After making test and choosing the top converting websites... If I see some of the websites with higher amount of views do not convert or lose funds, should I delete them from the campaign quickly or wait because it might get better? What would be the ratio when it indicates that I should better delete this website? For example >100 visits x 0 coversions or for example 200 visits x 1 conversion are not sufficient to go?

So excited about this process and still happy to cover even 50% of my spend :) I will really appreciate your answers for better understanding!

Thanks!!

Attachments

• general report.PNG
    general report.PNG
    221.2 KB · Views: 20
  • overall report.PNG
    overall report.PNG
    276.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Here is an update from the optimization today:

So happy to understand the logic better. 3 times fewer visits and the same amount of conversions, increased CR and 1$ bigger revenue from 4$ spend.

I had to stop the campaign because the ROI started to decrease:

I think it's because I overoptimized the campaign by watching the campaign and removing not converting websites from the list. In other thread I've found that it is mistake to do so.

But with all that I'm happy to remain in 50% ROI.

4) So with the logic been understood, how would I then scale the returns? If increase my budget that would only make a campaign last more day but won't increase daily returns? Decreasing bids (but they were already not to high...) Increasing bids (would that give me a better traffic quality or just make me spending my budget faster?)

1) Smartlink offers come as a pack of landing pages that offer visitors to subscribe to Mobipium push notifications. So when it comes to choosing a separate offer (not pack) from Mobipium's market place, if you go to Push Notifications section - it is empty. Will this strategy work with any type of offers or just PN? How should we adjust bids based on an offer's payout?
The strategy described is what you will use to setup, analyze, and optimize most campaigns.

2) How can some countries bring revenue when the ad spend for those countries is $0.00?
Not sure, but I assume you had a conversion on just a few clicks when clicks are costing you $0.0003 each.

3) What was the logic in this specific case to choose the Android only? Was there a way to know that these offers are best optimized for Android or it was purely for a test?
Mobile push notifications are Android only (do not work on iOS).

overall countries report 3rd offer.PNG

4) So how would you further optimize this campaign? Is it necessary to split this into two campaign according to different time zones? Europe - 1 campaign, the rest - 2 campaign? Does it actually matter in PPV or I pay only when someone sees the campaign. So if I advertise to both South Korea where it is 11 am and Netherlands where it is 5 am, only someone who doesn't sleep in Netherlands would see an ad and I should not worry that I am wasting budget?
I don't know if you need to optimize anymore. Maybe try running separate campaigns for Egypt and Mexico with that offer and see how it goes :)

5) After making test and choosing the top converting websites... If I see some of the websites with higher amount of views do not convert or lose funds, should I delete them from the campaign quickly or wait because it might get better? What would be the ratio when it indicates that I should better delete this website? For example >100 visits x 0 coversions or for example 200 visits x 1 conversion are not sufficient to go?
I recommend 1-2x the payout of the website before removing it. We have a mega thread on when to cut here:

It gets complicated, but you should just test and find a strategy you like and stick to it 👍

4) So with the logic been understood, how would I then scale the returns? If increase my budget that would only make a campaign last more day but won't increase daily returns? Decreasing bids (but they were already not to high...) Increasing bids (would that give me a better traffic quality or just make me spending my budget faster?)
I would start testing other traffic sources and mix in other types of push notification offers like from EvaDav. We have threads about that you might want to read through here:

Thanks for your answer!

I don't know if you need to optimize anymore. Maybe try running separate campaigns for Egypt and Mexico with that offer and see how it goes :)

yeah, they were worth of separate campaigns as Mexico was the worst.

Mobile push notifications are Android only (do not work on iOS).

so how the sales funnel looked from the point of view of a visitor? the funnel starts with a PN as a hook (i've seen this in videos about ProperllerAds in case if people allowed it on some other website earlier) or ends with it as its conversion goal, a visitor on some website was shown with a pop-up and was asked to agree to receive notifications and then from that moment he started receiving push notifications from Mobipium? so actually we are being paid for everyone who Allows notifications?

I would start testing other traffic sources and mix in other types of push notification offers like from EvaDav. We have threads about that you might want to read through here:
thanks for the advise!

Last edited:
Hi Luke,I want ask about this case,if I change the traffic source from Popads to Propellerads,how to setup the campigan in Propellerads?There are something different opinion in Propellerads.For example the case required browser version is chrome 47+.But there is no this opinion in Propellerads,only can select chrome.

And if I choose the advetisting format: Push Notifications,like as below:

It is required to fill the Creative ,Description and upload the photo,like as below:

There are so much different from Popads. So is that means the traffic source of this case is not suitable for using Propellerads?:unsure:

Hi Luke,I want ask about this case,if I change the traffic source from Popads to Propellerads,how to setup the campigan in Propellerads?There are something different opinion in Propellerads.For example the case required browser version is chrome 47+.But there is no this opinion in Propellerads,only can select chrome.
View attachment 9246

View attachment 9247

It is required to fill the Creative ,Description and upload the photo,like as below:
View attachment 9248

There are so much different from Popads. So is that means the traffic source of this case is not suitable for using Propellerads?:unsure:
hi,

I think you made a mistake that I did as well.

did you open a Publisher's account or an Advertiser's?

unlike all the other networks, affiliate advertise through the Advertisers' account. The publisher's account means that you allow that your own website will have ads from other affiliates/advertisers.

you should log out from the Publisher's account and sign up as an Advertiser.

hi,

I think you made a mistake that I did as well.

did you open a Publisher's account or an Advertiser's?

unlike all the other networks, affiliate advertise through the Advertisers' account. The publisher's account means that you allow that your own website will have ads from other affiliates/advertisers.

you should log out from the Publisher's account and sign up as an Advertiser.

Hey guy,thank you for your reply.But I think I am using the Advertister account,not Publisher account.The photo is screenshot from the creating campaign in PropellerAds.

so actually we are being paid for everyone who Allows notifications?
Yes

View attachment 9246

View attachment 9247

View attachment 9248

You cannot run this type of campaign anyone on PropellerAds. We're trying to generate push subscribers via a pop campaign. Not running a push campaign. PropellerAds does not allow push collection with their pop traffic anymore.

Really learned so much from this course. Thanks Luke! Think it's my first time to learn optimization like this. In the past, I usually just judge by myself :p

After finishing the course, I did one more optimization by removing one GEO and two smartlinks I think are underperforming.

Here is the final result:

Revenue: 3.308
ROI: -75.8%

While the loss was reduced after 2nd optimization, how can I at least make ROI positive? Most of the data are red... Now the remaining GEOs are only Colombia, South Korea, and Switzerland. These used to be profitable... I think maybe the AP is low.

Now I only have 2 smartlinks (3 & 4) left.

If I want to optimize again, what should I do? Split test different GEOs? Brazil actually has many conversions, but it wasn't profitable so I removed it already. South Korea also has some nice conversions. But both are not profitable. Same case for Columbia. Should I split test and bid lower for these GEOs and try again? Please help :cry: