Case Study PopAds + PeerFly Push Offer

Luke

Admin
Staff member
PeerFly recently added a push notification offer similar to the PropellerAds smart link I've been testing so I decided to give it a try.

Traffic Source: PopAds
Affiliate Network: PeerFly
Offer: MOBILE PUSH: Battery Draining (Multi Geo)
Tracking Tool: PeerClick

The payout is only $0.20, but I was doing pretty good with the smart link from PropellerAds and their CPS is around $0.08. So, I figured the $0.20 payout was definitely worth a test :)

I haven't tried this offer on other PPV traffic sources yet, but I assume it has some potential. For example, I will likely end up testing it on PopCash, Zeropark, and PropellerAds.

Results:

This a breakdown of the websites I am getting clicks/conversions on from PopAds. As you can see with the totals at the top, I am not quite profitable (-67%), but I've only test with $20 and on a select number of websites using PopAds (ones that showed conversions before for me).

The offer is open to other GEOs that are definitely worth a test.

Luke

Admin
Staff member
I am re-testing this offer because I believe it has some potential and I just haven't tested it well enough. I am going to rerun it on PopAds targeting Android devices in all categories in the US.

One under-appreciated PopAds feature is their reporting. I am going to exclude WebsiteIDs once they spend $0.20 with no conversions. This will be over 100 impressions for each site so we'll see how that goes:

Something else a lot of people don't pay attention to is that with the reports you can also see a breakdown of each website when you click it's ID:

I'll keep this thread updated with my progress as I go through the next $50 budget I am using for testing.

Luke

Admin
Staff member
The red Website IDs are the excluded ones ($0.20 spend and no conversions).

Nothing to write home about, but we'll see :)

Luke

Admin
Staff member
So, I've spent about $25 on this so far. I've excluded a bunch of WebsiteIDs and limited my losses. This is what the pretty report looks like on PeerClick:

Again, nothing too impressive yet, but I haven't given up yet :)

I am re-testing this offer because I believe it has some potential and I just haven't tested it well enough. I am going to rerun it on PopAds targeting Android devices in all categories in the US.

One under-appreciated PopAds feature is their reporting. I am going to exclude WebsiteIDs once they spend $0.20 with no conversions. This will be over 100 impressions for each site so we'll see how that goes:

View attachment 3096

Something else a lot of people don't pay attention to is that with the reports you can also see a breakdown of each website when you click it's ID:

View attachment 3097

I'll keep this thread updated with my progress as I go through the next $50 budget I am using for testing.

Are you targetting only one category shown in the image? if Yes, Are you getting so much traffic from that one source?

Luke

Admin
Staff member
Total newbie question - When you set up this campaign in Peerclick, how did you set up the cost type?
I just used the PopAds template that is already setup under Sources and added the [BID] placeholder:

You can also add your PopAds postback URL, which can be found on the Conversion Tracking page for your campaign (it's the same for all campaigns you setup on PopAds).

@Alex PeerClick have your team add the [BID] placeholder automatically to the PopAds traffic source template please :)

Luke

Admin
Staff member
I ended up pausing my campaign again, but I am thinking about giving it another shot this weekend with a few new GEOs and an automatic optimization tool I am testing :D

Hi Luke and everybody, I've been testing a very cheap payout Peerfly offer with a proven Zeropark optimised traffic source/target this week, it only paid out .06 cents, and it was going very well but sadly it's not backing out for the advertiser, so today I replaced it with a similar backup offer I had tested, this has also been withdrawn until midnight, these offers are good but maybe not profitable other than very short term.