Follow Along Pops + Zeydoo to my first profitable campaign

Adsterra
UPDATE #8

Welcome to my next update, I may need help.

On monday I got an AM from Zeydoo. My leads got checked, but my rates for my 2 profitable geos were cut 30% like @ShobhitAgarwal said.
To be honest I do not really know how to go on from here. Should I just try new geos?
Yesterday I started testing 2 other offers, because it was unclear if my leads were already checked then. Should I maybe stick to them now?

Has somebody ever had their rates cut and what did you do then (or what would you do)?
Here's a few things you could do-
  • Test the same offer with other traffic sources. You already have the data regarding which segments(eg. OS version, connection type, etc) are working on your campaign. You can use this data on other traffic sources. If you want though you can also run a campaign on other traffic sources for non working segments also( You never know unless you test if the results are similar or not) but on the non working segments aggressively optimize and cut out non working.
  • If after the rate cuts the campaign will still be profitable (although not as much) then why not keep running it.You can do optimizations for zones and segments manually to remove the costier traffic. You may even get an uprate if its paying back well to the offer owner.
  • Since propellerads does not allow lowering the cpa goal, if your cpa goal does not work for new rates, duplicate the campaign for new cpa goal and manually include/exclude the segments and zones. With the data you have you can make zone and segment based optimizations for your new campaign.
  • You can ask your manager if there's some particular bad zones and segments that you can blacklist to help keep the rates stable.
  • If you do the first point, you can also ask to revert the rates to test on new traffic sources and promise to not run on the current traffic source. But don't go back on your words. Your relationship with your affiliate manager and network is something you want to grow and nurture. Your manager will help you in a myriad of ways including finding good offers to promote and getting approved for private offers.
  • Ask your manager
Hope this helps. All the best!

Galaksion Contest
Also, the GEOs that were profitable might be worth testing a new offer with! :)
This was a pretty valuable advise :)
Launched two of the profitable campaigns yesterday for a new offer. One does pretty well, even if it has low traffic volume, because of lower CPA goal.

I will let it run anyways, because a few bucks are still a few bucks.

This was a pretty valuable advise :)
Launched two of the profitable campaigns yesterday for a new offer. One does pretty well, even if it has low traffic volume, because of lower CPA goal.
View attachment 41740
I will let it run anyways, because a few bucks are still a few bucks.
Awesome. Glad it's working! A few bucks is definitely still a few bucks :)

UPDATE #8

Welcome to my next update, I may need help.

On monday I got an AM from Zeydoo. My leads got checked, but my rates for my 2 profitable geos was cut 30%, like @ShobhitAgarwal said.
To be honest I do not really know how to go on from here. Should I just try new geos?
Yesterday I started testing 2 other offers, because it was unclear if my leads were already checked then. Should I maybe stick to them now?

Has somebody ever had their rates cut and what did you do then (or what would you do)?
Hey bro,

I don't know what they're doing, I've run a few campaigns before where they cut the payouts as long as the geo is profitable, it's been a couple of times, I don't run their offers now. Yes, you can still make a few cents from this offer , but the amount of pop data is very large, if it is not enough to pay your tracker you should think about it.

I've worked with many CPA networks and they're the only one that will cut my offer payouts when you getting profitable.
Just my opinion, maybe they're good but to me they'll do things at some point that I don't think are good.

This is just one of the examples and gift for you, if your payout is higher than me , you can run CPA in PA, you will get green right away ,Good luck!

Offer 2025 (My rate,ML is the most profitable geo for me , they cut so much!)
CI
Old Rate β€” 0.115
New Rate β€” 0.085

ML
Old Rate β€” 0.130
New Rate β€” 0.046

CM
Old Rate β€” 0.076
New Rate β€” 0.053

Last edited:
Hey bro,

I don't know what they're doing, I've run a few campaigns before where they cut the payouts as long as the geo is profitable, it's been a couple of times, I don't run their offers now. Yes, you can still make a few cents from this offer , but the amount of pop data is very large, if it is not enough to pay your tracker you should think about it.

I've worked with many CPA networks and they're the only one that will cut my offer payouts when you getting profitable.
Just my opinion, maybe they're good but to me they'll do things at some point that I don't think are good.

This is just one of the examples and gift for you, if your payout is higher than me , you can run CPA in PA, you will get green right away ,Good luck!

Offer 2025 (My rate,ML is the most profitable geo for me , they cut so much!)
CI
Old Rate β€” 0.115
New Rate β€” 0.085

ML
Old Rate β€” 0.130
New Rate β€” 0.046

CM
Old Rate β€” 0.076
New Rate β€” 0.053

View attachment 41758
Hey, thank you so much for this awesome share.

I now already read a few times that it is common at Zeydoo to cut rates.
I also thought about trying other CPA networks as I am a little bit worried that my rates will be cut again.

Your tip for having the pop data and my tracker cost in mind is also very good for me. Never thought about this earlier.

Also very unfortunate that they cut your most profitable geo so much :(

LAST UPDATE #9

This will be my last update because this FA will end here.
Unfortunately I did not get profitable over all. But as this was my first serious "campaign" I learned a lot from it.

Here are my take aways:
- Be patient
- Do not try to optimize with too little data
- Set budgets before launching
- Make your rules and stick to it
- PropellerAds CPA Goal is amazing, especially for newbies like me
- From what I read, if my initial campaign for a GEO has a ROI < -60% it is not worth optimizing (at least as beginner I guess)
- When to cut zones with conversions, with this guide (worked well for me): here

Also I setup a few of my own rules that I learned from this FA. I will test them when I promote my next offers. If they work I will keep them, if not, I will rewrite them.
Hopefully in a few months (or years?) I will have a ruleset that will work in general.

Rate cut is very frustrating with Zeydoo, I put hours and hours into optimizing, as soon I see campaign turning positive revenue, I will get email about rate cut, domain change or url change, campaign ultimately dies in loss, and I end up not only loosing revenue but all time I put into it.

It's funny once they told me they are working in minus and had to reduce the rate for a geo I was running, to which I said I'd have to stop traffic if they cut the rate. Then they said that they'd keep the current rate if I'd stop traffic altogether, supposedly working in 'minus'. That doesn't make any sense 🀣

It's funny once they told me they are working in minus and had to reduce the rate for a geo I was running, to which I said I'd have to stop traffic if they cut the rate. Then they said that they'd keep the current rate if I'd stop traffic altogether, supposedly working in 'minus'. That doesn't make any sense 🀣
Maybe I will try this next time my rates get cut :)

Got hit with the exact same gameplan. I guess their "minus" is not really a minus, maybe I think they have a sweetspot where they try to put the affiliates traffic into.