Case Study Quick 100% ROI This Weekend - Monetizer + PropellerAds

RollerAds
Select the offers on Monetizer that are actually getting conversions and remove the others. See if there's a profitable segment.

@Luke when you say remove do you mean blacklist offer? can you give me more details how to identify a bad offer in monetizer, is it like 500 clicks no conversion then blacklist, in monetizer under offers you can only do 1 thing either blacklist or white list, is it possible to have both options enabled?

thank you

kind regards

Geozo
@Luke when you say remove do you mean blacklist offer? can you give me more details how to identify a bad offer in monetizer, is it like 500 clicks no conversion then blacklist, in monetizer under offers you can only do 1 thing either blacklist or white list, is it possible to have both options enabled?

thank you

kind regards
I mean blacklist the offer on Monetizer. Yes. I was looking to see a specific guide on this because I know we've discussed it quite a few times.

This isn't exactly a guide but it talks about it.

can you give me more details how to identify a bad offer in monetizer, is it like 500 clicks no conversion then blacklist
I'll do 500-1000 clicks depending on the offer and how the other offers are performing.

in monetizer under offers you can only do 1 thing either blacklist or white list, is it possible to have both options enabled?
No, I just blacklist.

On Friday, I found a nice winning campaign that produced $50 in profit (100% ROI) over the weekend for me:

View attachment 6678

In this quick case study, I want to show you how I found the offer and why I thought it would be a winner.

Monetizer Insights

You likely already know, but if not, I love Monetizer. I am a huge fan of their platform for a few reasons, but the biggest is probably the most important: their offers convert.

There are downsides to Monetizer. The offers go up and down often. The smart fallback will sometimes rotate offers you would rather it didn't. However, Monetizer is constantly working to improve their platform and below I'll explain my process for trying to make sure the offers I want getting traffic are the ones getting traffic :)

One big benefit to using Monetizer besides that their offers convert is that they have a ton of realtime data available for you. This is their Monetizer Insights and it's the best tool you can use to find good performing offers to test.

Monetizer lists the top performing offers in their Marketplace, but I prefer to use the Insights section and specifically the Inspire list :)

View attachment 6679

Here is a screenshot of how I find winning segments of traffic to test (and how I found the winner on Friday).

Since I like to run Android traffic on PropellerAds pops, I filter for mainstream landing pages (offers) for Android and Monetizer gives me a big list of the top performing carriers. I click on eCPM and Monetizer gives me the average cCPM (RPM) for the countries/carriers.

The top few are outliers because there's not enough clicks to have any statistic significance, but as you go down, you will find some more promising looking segments. For example, ES MOVISTAR and OM OMANTEL both look nice (I am already running both). OM OMANTEL is the segment I found on Friday. The offer I ran is now actually one of the top 25 in the Marketplace, but it wasn't then ;)

HOW TO FIND THE OFFERS IN THE MARKETPLACE

Finding the offers to test is pretty simple. Click on Smartlink Offers in the Marketplace and then filter by Country (OM = Oman) and Vertical (Mainstream Mobile = #mainstream Android).

View attachment 6680

Monetizer will return their top offers for you. Look for the offer that allows the 3G traffic from the carrier listed in Inspire.

View attachment 6681

I recommend selecting the Smart Fallback. However, you can setup your Monetizer link so that it focuses on specific offers. By default, when you click Get Link to create a link for an offer using the form shown above, Monetizer will focus on that particular offer and then the Smart Fallback is used for visitors that don't fall within the criteria for that offer (for example, WiFi traffic or traffic from a different carrier).

You can see a breakdown of what offers your traffic is being sent to in your Leagues by clicking on the Chart:

View attachment 6682

Click on Offer and then Leads to see a breakdown of what offers are performing best (and generating leads) for you:

View attachment 6683

The PushRevShare was a nice bonus on this offer. I had not chosen to use the Push Optimised Lander and the main offer was already profitable so PushRevShare is just a nice bonus from Monetizer :D

Let's say I wanted to add that 3rd offer on the list with 3 conversion to my rotation so it gets more traffic. Under Campaigns in your Monetizer menu, click on Manage Links. Click on the Edit button (first button on the left) next to your Link Name.

Scroll down the form until you find Offer Targeting. When you select offers to target, Monetizer focuses on those and sends them a majority of your traffic. Again, it'll only use the Smartlink Fallback when it cannot send traffic to the offers you have chosen.

View attachment 6684

If you want to send traffic to specific offers, you need to select the Country that offer is for first. So, I could not send traffic specifically to #f65766 until I had selected Oman as the country.

Monetizer has a very powerful platform and some really great performing offers. The trick is you have to find them and of course, that's easier if you know where to look ;)

Not every campaign will be a winner, but I have been finding more and more winners from Monetizer when combined with pop traffic from PropellerAds. You might want to give it a shot ๐Ÿ‘
Hye @Luke
You use Direct link or Landing pages to promote those offers of monetizer with Propellerads ?

On Friday, I found a nice winning campaign that produced $50 in profit (100% ROI) over the weekend for me:

View attachment 6678

In this quick case study, I want to show you how I found the offer and why I thought it would be a winner.

Monetizer Insights

You likely already know, but if not, I love Monetizer. I am a huge fan of their platform for a few reasons, but the biggest is probably the most important: their offers convert.

There are downsides to Monetizer. The offers go up and down often. The smart fallback will sometimes rotate offers you would rather it didn't. However, Monetizer is constantly working to improve their platform and below I'll explain my process for trying to make sure the offers I want getting traffic are the ones getting traffic :)

One big benefit to using Monetizer besides that their offers convert is that they have a ton of realtime data available for you. This is their Monetizer Insights and it's the best tool you can use to find good performing offers to test.

Monetizer lists the top performing offers in their Marketplace, but I prefer to use the Insights section and specifically the Inspire list :)

View attachment 6679

Here is a screenshot of how I find winning segments of traffic to test (and how I found the winner on Friday).

Since I like to run Android traffic on PropellerAds pops, I filter for mainstream landing pages (offers) for Android and Monetizer gives me a big list of the top performing carriers. I click on eCPM and Monetizer gives me the average cCPM (RPM) for the countries/carriers.

The top few are outliers because there's not enough clicks to have any statistic significance, but as you go down, you will find some more promising looking segments. For example, ES MOVISTAR and OM OMANTEL both look nice (I am already running both). OM OMANTEL is the segment I found on Friday. The offer I ran is now actually one of the top 25 in the Marketplace, but it wasn't then ;)

Finding the offers to test is pretty simple. Click on Smartlink Offers in the Marketplace and then filter by Country (OM = Oman) and Vertical (Mainstream Mobile = #mainstream Android).

View attachment 6680

Monetizer will return their top offers for you. Look for the offer that allows the 3G traffic from the carrier listed in Inspire.

View attachment 6681

I recommend selecting the Smart Fallback. However, you can setup your Monetizer link so that it focuses on specific offers. By default, when you click Get Link to create a link for an offer using the form shown above, Monetizer will focus on that particular offer and then the Smart Fallback is used for visitors that don't fall within the criteria for that offer (for example, WiFi traffic or traffic from a different carrier).

You can see a breakdown of what offers your traffic is being sent to in your Leagues by clicking on the Chart:

View attachment 6682

Click on Offer and then Leads to see a breakdown of what offers are performing best (and generating leads) for you:

View attachment 6683

The PushRevShare was a nice bonus on this offer. I had not chosen to use the Push Optimised Lander and the main offer was already profitable so PushRevShare is just a nice bonus from Monetizer :D

Let's say I wanted to add that 3rd offer on the list with 3 conversion to my rotation so it gets more traffic. Under Campaigns in your Monetizer menu, click on Manage Links. Click on the Edit button (first button on the left) next to your Link Name.

Scroll down the form until you find Offer Targeting. When you select offers to target, Monetizer focuses on those and sends them a majority of your traffic. Again, it'll only use the Smartlink Fallback when it cannot send traffic to the offers you have chosen.

View attachment 6684

If you want to send traffic to specific offers, you need to select the Country that offer is for first. So, I could not send traffic specifically to #f65766 until I had selected Oman as the country.

Monetizer has a very powerful platform and some really great performing offers. The trick is you have to find them and of course, that's easier if you know where to look ;)

Not every campaign will be a winner, but I have been finding more and more winners from Monetizer when combined with pop traffic from PropellerAds. You might want to give it a shot ๐Ÿ‘
This is a great info for me. I have been picking offers like this and creating the monetizer smartlink targeting 1 or 2 sometimes3 offers, i think, the same way. Anyways, I understand that part. Probably have ran about 30-40 offers this way, no LP just like you did, and have only made maybe a couple bucks at most on a campaign. All popunders. Losing money is part of the game, test, test, test. But what did you do on the propeller side? How did you target? did you bid the recommended bid? when do you quit the campaign(after a number of visitors or amount of ad spend)? do you just let the campaign ride till you get a conversion? I would like to know what you do to see if what I am doing is wasting money. I do not want to copy a campaign, I just want to know how to start a campaign. This is what I do; target the country, mobile, android. always bid $1-1.5(even if recommended is 0.5 or 7.6). I will run the campaign to about 10000-15000 visits. if zero conversions, i will shut it down and move to the next campaign. If there are some conversions(more than a penny each), i will let it keep running a little longer with a lot of hoping. I figure if there is no action by 10000 visits than none will come. Even a little action gives me hope to keep running the campaign. Basically, what is your standard opening move? There are hundreds of books on the opening move in chess. I will ask how you react to your data another time. I just want to know how to get started properly, so i have a fighting chance because i've been down for the count for too long.

How did you target? did you bid the recommended bid? when do you quit the campaign(after a number of visitors or amount of ad spend)? do you just let the campaign ride till you get a conversion?
Solid questions and they're important.

How did you target?
I would try to get as much data as possible from Monetizer on each campaign. But, a lot of it comes down to testing. Also, once you have some data, testing new offers with that data is a good idea :)

when do you quit the campaign(after a number of visitors or amount of ad spend)?
I base it on ad spend and I calculate that based a multiple of the payout. We have a brilliant guide on that here:

do you just let the campaign ride till you get a conversion?
No, this is a quick way to lose a lot. Set a budget, if it doesn't convert, get rid of it ๐Ÿ‘

@Luke Ok, I have a big problems in here about Monetizer.

As You can See on the picture, how come the Result on Monetizer Analytics and Bemob different?

The 1st Picture is from Bemob, and the 2nd one is from Monetizer Analytics. (League)

I had contact the Bemob Support, and The support telling Me to change the Pushback Macro, and I did. But, the result still the same.

And, finally.. The Bemob Support has gave up.

So @Luke , can You help me for this? Is it normal to have different Conversion result between Bemob tracker and Monetizer analytics?

If the clicks or view different i think it's fine, but if it's about the Conversion? I think it is a BIG DEAL.

Thanks for Your Help. :)

@Luke Ok, I have a big problems in here about Monetizer.

View attachment 17534

View attachment 17535

As You can See on the picture, how come the Result on Monetizer Analytics and Bemob different?

The 1st Picture is from Bemob, and the 2nd one is from Monetizer Analytics. (League)

I had contact the Bemob Support, and The support telling Me to change the Pushback Macro, and I did. But, the result still the same.

View attachment 17536

View attachment 17537

And, finally.. The Bemob Support has gave up.

So @Luke , can You help me for this? Is it normal to have different Conversion result between Bemob tracker and Monetizer analytics?

If the clicks or view different i think it's fine, but if it's about the Conversion? I think it is a BIG DEAL.

Thanks for Your Help. :)
It's probably from getting conversions from the push collection and not leads for the offer. Look at the offer in your Leagues that you are actually getting the conversions from. I would also just remove that Push Subscription Postback.

hi luke,normally how long such runningmethod based compagin lasts green,should you stop asap when it go red

hi luke,normally how long such runningmethod based compagin lasts green,should you stop asap when it go red
I would not pause immediately just because the stats go red. Optimize for the best zones and if it's not converting at all, then pause.

"The PushRevShare was a nice bonus on this offer. I had not chosen to use the Push Optimised Lander and the main offer was already profitable so PushRevShare is just a nice bonus from Monetizer :D"

hi luke,how could I chose the push optimised lander in monetizer

"The PushRevShare was a nice bonus on this offer. I had not chosen to use the Push Optimised Lander and the main offer was already profitable so PushRevShare is just a nice bonus from Monetizer :D"

hi luke,how could I chose the push optimised lander in monetizer
When you are creating a new link (or editing an existing link you've already made), you simply select On here:

Hi,I just run 3 times this method on propeller and one time on pop ads,I got some conver but no potiential of running green,Maybe there are some details I haven't done correct

Hi,I just run 3 times this method on propeller and one time on pop ads,I got some conver but no potiential of running green,Maybe there are some details I haven't done correct
Or maybe you just need to test a few more campaigns to find a good winner! :D

View attachment 6678

Monetizer Insights

View attachment 6679

View attachment 6680

View attachment 6681

View attachment 6682

View attachment 6683

View attachment 6684

Great insight @Luke . I'd like to ask you if you can share some more details on 'Statistical Significance' from your experience.
1. Can you elaborate more on it?
2. When / how do you decide if the data has reached that level?
3. What are your key points for identifying it? (e.g. budget spent, days spent promoting, amount of clicks, etc...)
4. Can it be done on small budgets for testing & how much?

Thanks in advance!

Great insight @Luke . I'd like to ask you if you can share some more details on 'Statistical Significance' from your experience.
1. Can you elaborate more on it?
2. When / how do you decide if the data has reached that level?
3. What are your key points for identifying it? (e.g. budget spent, days spent promoting, amount of clicks, etc...)
4. Can it be done on small budgets for testing & how much?
I don't get as scientific about it as many of our members do. Most of my decisions when reviewing data are based off my own internal calculations rather than a spreadsheet. This is probably not the best way to do it, but it's how I've done it for a long time so I have more confidence in it than I probably should.

@jimmyvanilla goes deep into it in this thread where he's talking primarily about optimization strategy:

and there's a great discussion started by Kintura here:

With Monetizer data, I'm specifically looking for a few thousand clicks with and a decent conversion rate. If I am going to direct link (which I normally do with their offers), I'm going to need a nice conversion rate to make them worthwhile. As I mentioned, the eCPM is an important number if you're going to run pops to it. Can you get your eCPM (the amount you're earning on average for 1k clicks) to be lower than your CPM (the amount you're paying for 1k clicks)? If so, you have a winner :)