• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!

Registration is free and you can upgrade your membership anytime to view our premium content or take a look through our Public threads.

Follow Along PPV vs Mobipium PNSL (Rematch)

jimmyvanilla

Community Leader
Congrats Jimmy. This will be a thread I reference A LOT in the future. I hope you're able to continue to scale and maintain your awesome ROI 👍
Thanks @Luke and thanks to everyone who's liking and commenting. I'm really happy this FA has worked out so well and hope it helps as many people as possible.

For everyone who's still new (like me), don't be afraid of testing more things, because then you'll have results to analyse and opportunities to apply what you learn. I've made heaps of mistakes, but I didn't know what I was doing was a mistake until I did it and then analysed what I did. I think that's really the only way to learn this game (or at least generate those 'lightbulb' moments that result in real progress).

Just stick with it everyone!

jimmyvanilla

Community Leader
Have you been able to maintain $xxx/day? :D
No. It didn't last long. It dropped back to $75/day for a while and has been around $50/day recently. I have played with things a bit because this campaign is still primarily about learning for me and that would have upset the numbers a bit, but it's still easy money seeing I just have to top up my budgets and that's all the "work" involved. I'm also using a portion of the traffic for a test that I think I'll post the results here on the forum in a little while because I think it's going to be interesting.

jimmyvanilla

Community Leader
I just replied to a different thread with some updated numbers from this campaign, which I'm still running pretty much hands off exactly as taught in the Pops Guide.

While I've got the stats in front of me I thought I'd also post them here just so people can see that the work I did initially to set this up is still paying a nice little daily dividend. I've done virtually no work on this campaign since the end of November, at least not on the profitable campaigns where I've shown the stats below. The only other things I've been doing is testing other traffic sources to see how they'd go. I've tested PropellerAds pops, ZeroPark pops, Evadav pops, PopCash pops, AdCash pops and RichPops pops and I was struggling to make most of these worthwhile so I ended up dropping everything except RichPops before I ended spending too much on testing (at least for my liking).

Anyway, here's the month-month:

November:

December:

January so far (I started testing RichPops and added a little bit of income there):

Max9Ads

@jimmyvanilla wow, seems like your work did really pay off! Well done! 😎

I followed your example & Luke's guide with smartlink experiments and even got into some green zone with particular publishers as well (with much lower volumes though)

As my Popads account doesn't allow me promoting tier1 geos, I focused totally on tier3 ones. The problem is that I can see it seems impossible to scale further from where I am now with these geos 🙁

So, I suppose you rely on tier1 geos more actively? Or is it still combined approach towards mixing tier1/tier2/tier3 and I'm still missing out something? 🤔 Thanks for sharing!

jimmyvanilla

Community Leader
So, I suppose you rely on tier1 geos more actively? Or is it still combined approach towards mixing tier1/tier2/tier3
My campaigns have a bit of a mix but it's mostly T1 & T2. I struggle to make much from T3 because the payouts are so low.

Max9Ads

Nice, that's exactly what I observed as well 👍

Also I was wondering whether are there any similar smartlinks besides Mobipium that could be used in the same way, tested, and maybe get more opportunities.
I tried Monetizer but realised that it requires more attention, but definitely has opportunities and I'll get back to it later
Also tried running spicyoffers and mobidea smartlink with a very small amounts, got a few leads but not found anything potential to start right now yet (maybe because they mostly have tier2/tier1 as my ams said to me, so definitely should be tested more)

Although many networks have smartlinks, but as I noticed, most of attention gets to just a few like mobipium/monetizer

What do you think about this? Did you try more ways to monetize this traffic besides Mobipium/Monetizer and besides your cpi follow along?
Thanks

jimmyvanilla

Community Leader
So a quick update about this:
I'm also using a portion of the traffic for a test that I think I'll post the results here on the forum in a little while because I think it's going to be interesting.
Also I was wondering whether are there any similar smartlinks besides Mobipium that could be used in the same way, tested, and maybe get more opportunities....What do you think about this? Did you try more ways to monetize this traffic besides Mobipium/Monetizer and besides your cpi follow along?
I've been really busy with a couple of other things since I stopped updating this FA, so I haven't put a lot of time into looking into this, but since @Max9Ads has suggested exactly what I was testing, here's a quick look at some results I got from using auto-optimizing rotators to distribute my highly optimized traffic to a few other smartlinks:
  • Mobipium Mainstream SL
  • Mobipium Adult SL
  • Mobidea Mainstream SL
  • Mobidea Adult SL
  • Monetizer vAuto SL
Which looked like this:

And the results were interesting - the PNSL continued to work well for mainstream and adult traffic (as expected) and for the adult traffic the Mobipium and Mobidea Adult SLs were both profitable, but ultimately the Monetizer vAuto SL smashed it!

And when I just compare the Mobipium PNSL vs the Monetizer vAuto SL, Monetizer was winning nicely on EPV (and this doesn't include rev from the additional push subscribers I collected with this test, which I haven't been watching, but I'd estimate it could have been paying $2-$5/day for over 30 days)!!

...so, everyone running Monetizer FAs this month... 🤟 :cool: (y)