Mobidea spy tool?

AdsEmpire

Luke

Admin
Staff Member
Community Leader
I just got an email that Mobidea (@Mobidea) has launched a spy tool for push and native. They also have their own DSP to buy push ads. This is interesting. They're an affiliate network, traffic source, and now spy tool. Props to them on the execution, but I can't help but think they're gathering a little too much data? lol

Email text:

Hey Luke,

The time has finally come.

I am excited to announce the official launch of Mobidea Spy Push and Mobidea Spy Native!

From today, you can access all the data from campaigns generating millions of dollars for affiliates around the world.

You can get instant access to 17M+ push and native campaigns that are CRUSHING IT online.

Youโ€™ll discover which creatives are getting the clicks ... youโ€™ll find out exactly which landers are converting.

You can even rip and test them for yourself in just a few mouse clicks. Really - weโ€™ve made it as easy as possible.

Now itโ€™s time for you to unlock the secrets of the worldโ€™s most profitable campaigns and make some serious money online.

Are you ready?

Take advantage of the FREE trial. Cancel anytime before the free trial ends and you won't be charged!

OpenAFF is the first technology affiliate network
I received it as well.
They also have a simple tracker (haven't heard of anybody that uses it) so who knows :)

It's an interesting and probably wise decision for a network although we affiliates are paranoid haha. We all know what happened when Clickbooth acquired ThriveTracker.

I received it as well.
They also have a simple tracker (haven't heard of anybody that uses it) so who knows :)

It's an interesting and probably wise decision for a network although we affiliates are paranoid haha. We all know what happened when Clickbooth acquired ThriveTracker.
I too am not aware ๐Ÿ˜…

Ohh wow! Not sure why I did not get that mail though :(
So now that adplexity push will be paid soon..many people will probably shift from adplexity push to mobidea spy push..haha funny!
hi there,
I'm trying to cancel my free trial with Adplexity Push but with no luck? do you know how to do it?
It's a dumb question I know, but please bear with me.
thanks.

I find this a little crazy. An affiliate network + ad network + spy tool? Of course, not everyone uses both the affiliate network and push ad network, but as a DSP they can gather way too much information about campaigns, probably easier than any spy tool can. The spy tool even takes 100% legit info from campaigns run on their ad network (ie. bids).

Do they also have an internal media buying team?

Thank you very much for all the good vibes guys! ๐Ÿ™Œ

BTW, those who didn't receive our email, can you please share your email address, via DM? @nitin

Lastly, don't hesitate in sharing your feedback with us, via DM. We're more than open to hear your thoughts!

Cheers,
Joรฃo

I find this a little crazy. An affiliate network + ad network + spy tool? Of course, not everyone uses both the affiliate network and push ad network, but as a DSP they can gather way too much information about campaigns, probably easier than any spy tool can. The spy tool even takes 100% legit info from campaigns run on their ad network (ie. bids).

Do they also have an internal media buying team?
Yes

Just to clarify any doubts that you or others might have about that: Our internal media buyer is working independently and bid in our Push DSP like any other media buyer.

His objective is to break even, while testing offers in order to provide the best to our affiliates, so we can provide relevant recommendations.

He does not have access to more data than any other affiliate of Mobidea.

As a matter of fact, we have a Privacy option in Mobidea that you activate on your account (here) to even lock your AM from accessing your account.

Then, when you need help, you will need to give access to your AM only in a case by case basis.

Last edited:
The media buyer part you can work with. Most traffic sources have these anyway, but what's most concerning is the spy tool. It's hard to want to buy traffic from you knowing that the people I'm paying are instantly exposing my campaigns. You can hide from spy tools, but I have a feeling it's going to be much harder/impossible to hide from yours because of the DSP connection.

How do my campaigns not get exposed?

Actually our Push DSP is not an available traffic source in Mobidea Spy tool.

Yeah, I'm assuming they still show up as coming from one of the partners you buy traffic from. Right?

No, we don't! Please share :ROFLMAO:
I just want to say I have nothing against ThriveTracker and I have tested it before.
It's been a while and I have heard both good and bad things about Thrive in the past (and pretty much the same for every tracker).

What happened back then is a lot of affiliates got afraid of their campaigns being spied by the Clickbooth who has a media buying team as well. Some jumped ship, some didn't, but it was a very interesting thread for a while. A similar thread happened in 2014 when Voluum jumped out of BETA and there was a post about a media buyer position leaked somewhere. It's a matter of conflict of interest although trackers also have a very important ethic in place as even just 1 or 2 customers with prove that their campaigns are being leaked could end the whole business of a tracker.

I said this is a wise decision for any company in business as data is important, kinda what Apple does when they control everything from the device to the OS to the Apps ecsystem and payments, and yeah, affiliates tend to be paranoid (sometimes I am paranoid as well) but it's part of the game.

Voluum for example has their tracker, their traffic source (DSP, push ads, domain and pops) and now they also have a marketplace with affiliate networks.

I'm not sure if I remember this correctly but Monetizer (both as a traffic source and aff network) is part of the group that funds Adplexity and other projects. If that's the case it could be a similar situation I guess.

As for Nick's question, I guess their spy tools can show (like Anstrex or Adplexity) your ads when running in the external sources Mobidea has (resell) but not with the direct sites that have in their DSP.