What's your longest server uptime?

1win

Neil

Grandpa affLIFT
Staff Member
Community Leader
So I just left a review for Binom as we have a Link Directory Contest running atm which you can check out here

Well worth the effort to write a quick review but remember to post on the contest thread!

Anyway I checked my Binom server and its been up for 659 Days 2 hours 54 minutes, damn thats almost 2 years!!

I've have seen servers up for longer but they tend to be on customer sites where everyone is scared to death of touching it or they simply don't even know it exists, which actually happens more than you might think!

I did have one running in my home lab that almost made 3 years but there was a power cut and well that fecked that up.

These long uptimes are generally Linux servers, I rarely see a Windows server with such a long uptime but its not unheard of, I have worked on a few NT4 servers that were up for years (8+) but newer Windows OS's seem to want reboots far more often.

200.gif

I doubt anyone will beat the lonest uptime for a computer which I believe is onboard the Voyager2 space

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!