• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • ClickFlare is the newest, yet most powerful tracking platform ever built for performance-based marketers and affiliates. Try it FREE for 14 days!
    Try ClickFlare Free!

Binom 2.0 Beta

Geozo

Neil

Grandpa affLIFT
Staff Member
Community Leader
So I see a message the other day on my Binom server about the new 2.0 Beta, I've been waiting for this for past couple years so just had to sign up :p

The new Binom is written in Go with a Clikchouse/Postgress DB, going to have fun playing with this.

Binom 2.0 Beta Test!
The new version of our tracker is in its final stage of development, and we want to invite you to participate in the beta testing! All you need to have is an active license and a clean server.

Binom 2.0 improves on several fronts:
- New< design
- Updated GEO and device databases
- New< architecture
- Ability to withstand up to 10 times higher loads
- Capacity to process more than 100 million clicks daily
- Up to 10 times faster report generation
- Capability to build larger reports
- Database that is 2 times lighter
- Increased redirect speed
- New multi-user features

Nearly all features from Binom 1.0 are already present in Binom 2.0 (with the exception of FB, Google, Aspect integration, Triggers, and several minor features).
Binom 2.0 receives updates regularly, and soon enough, it will not only incorporate the vast majority of features from Binom 1.0 but will also introduce new and exciting ones. As a beta tester, you will have direct contact with our product and development team, and your feedback will help us steer our development towards creating the best tracker.

Some screen shots

It looks pretty much the same just a bit more bootsrappy with a slight pastel colour scheme, still has a way to go I think but so for looks very promising. I hope to get a couple test campaigns setup later to see how it holds up under some pressure :p

I noticed there are 30 events instead of 10, which is nice.

Do you know if you can process 10x higher loads on the same server specs, or is the complete maximum processing power increased if you have a 10x powerful server?

I noticed there are 30 events instead of 10, which is nice.
Yes and there seems to be built-in events for push allow/deny as well

Do you know if you can process 10x higher loads on the same server specs, or is the complete maximum processing power increased if you have a 10x powerful server?

Don't know about performance as yet as still playing about with it, I'll ask at some point thought

nice, I been waiting for this.

Does this support more than 10 tracking tokens on traffic sources?
Yes it does, you can add tokens above 10 using the Add Token button at the bottom. Don't know how many it can handle but i clicked it 10 times and got an extra 10 and the button was still there so guess it must go to at least the same as the events?

Yes it does, you can add tokens above 10 using the Add Token button at the bottom. Don't know how many it can handle but i clicked it 10 times and got an extra 10 and the button was still there so guess it must go to at least the same as the events?

View attachment 40915
Oh dang that’s a nice addition too. 😍

View attachment 40915
That's amazing, was the main feature holding me back from using this tracker.

I've got early access and been using it for about a month now. I wasn't running much traffic through it, so cant really say how it handles large volumes.

It feels basically the same from what I can tell, but apart from changing the core architecture (Go,ClickHouse) they have also implemented some nice features:

- finally it is now possible to run reports on offers and suppliers. Reports account for after LP clicks only, which I am not sure if it's great or not
- they have extended their API and now almost everything is possible without ever opening the tracker. It's also possible to access clicklog data via API, which is great for off site data analysis, but it's somewhat capped on how many clicks one can pull (which isn't great)
- extra 20 events is awesome

It's still beta and some of the UX features are still missing and will be implemented soon, but few things really bug me:

- no more new tab opening (I asked about it and was told they won't implement it)
- auto column sorting not working, who needs to see zoneids sorted alphabetically
- no auto resizing for columns
- font - I am not a fan of the font they went with (hurts my eyes) and have to use browser extension to block it
- MC integration is no longer supported, and currently only AdSpect is available (quite pricey)

There has been some improvement when it comes to clicks discrepancy, but the improvement was minor.

Overall all feels quite same to me, but I am sure with more lightweight architecture it will be more satisfying to work with 2.0.

MC integration is no longer supported, and currently only AdSpect is available (quite pricey)
Do you mean Magic Checker? As that is there as I was asked if i was going to use it when they set my server up

Do you mean Magic Checker? As that is there as I was asked if i was going to use it when they set my server up

View attachment 40960
I do. Integration is supported but it doesn't work with the super filter as of now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-25-08-44-22-96_948cd9899890cbd5c2798760b2b95377.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-25-08-44-22-96_948cd9899890cbd5c2798760b2b95377.jpg
    539.9 KB · Views: 81
ah right, i was reading their site and seems there are a lot of things it won't work with like JavaScript, CDN's etc so personally I'd never be able to use it!

Seems strange that they wouldn't look to update it as everything is slowly moving to serverless/cloud based these days.

Looks real nice and it sounds like they've made some great improvements :)

Awesome work, @Binom!

Looks real nice and it sounds like they've made some great improvements :)

Awesome work, @Binom!
Yeah and the dev is quite responsive when you send him messages too which is real nice.

@Binom

These features would be awesome:
1. Automatic cost integration with major traffic sources such as Propeller etc.
2. Start/stop creatives/zones from dashboard directly

The API is MASSIVE, looks like you can do practically everything via the API just check this out!!

Docs are little off, but
ah right, i was reading their site and seems there are a lot of things it won't work with like JavaScript, CDN's etc so personally I'd never be able to use it!

Seems strange that they wouldn't look to update it as everything is slowly moving to serverless/cloud based these days.
They must have been listening us talking about it :)