Follow Along Resurrecting a Neglected Authority Site

1win

JWiles

Contributor
Itā€™s time for me to make a true run a growing a portfolio of sites. To start, Iā€™m going to resurrect a site Iā€™ve been neglecting for years. Iā€™m an SEO Director for a SaaS company. Everyday I see my efforts drive large amounts of revenue for others. Itā€™s time to put that experience to work for myself. I know how to do SEO, but I need to learn how to run an actual media business.

About the site​

Iā€™ve pushed this site off for years and I need to either dump it or actually make a legit run at growing it. Iā€™m choosing the latter.

Itā€™s a short brandable domain in the gaming/tech niche. When I first got the idea, I threw up around 60 posts of hastily-written content with minimal optimization. It gets a trickle of traffic, but nothing to write home about.

sanertg-png.48587

Why was it neglected?​

I donā€™t like the niche. I donā€™t hate it, but it doesnā€™t interest me in the slightest.

This violates one of the first rules of building an authority site, and to anyone looking to build one, I would 100% recommend you build it around

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!