OpenAFF is the first technology affiliate network
Adsterra
100% Standard

I started a test last night and this is the result:

Do you target one or multi?

Last edited:
Hi @Nick

I still dont get the Advertizer n Monetizer thingy

We send traffic to our Monetizer smartlink from say Propeller, how will Advertizer get the traffic from Monetizer smartlink?

Are these from backbutton redirects? From where will the traffic come from Monetizer as they are an affiliate network, right?

Hi @Nick

I still dont get the Advertizer n Monetizer thingy

We send traffic to our Monetizer smartlink from say Propeller, how will Advertizer get the traffic from Monetizer smartlink?

Are these from backbutton redirects? From where will the traffic come from Monetizer as they are an affiliate network, right?
Some of the traffic that is sold to Advertizer advertisers is generated by Monetizer affiliates. This traffic can be generated in a number of ways, including direct linked to Monetizer, back button redirects, pop-under, etc.

Finding the offers to test is pretty simple. Click on Smartlink Offers in the Marketplace
@Luke, @servandosilva , @Nick, why are these individual offers called Smartlink Offers? Is it because of the Smartlink Fallback feature? Does this feature interfere with campaign optimization since other offers are becoming part of the campaign?

Last edited:
Is it because of the Smartlink Fallback feature?
Yeah. Many networks have individual offers but they don't have good fallback detection or they don't care. But with Monetizer each offer works as a smartlink on its own.

Does this feature interfere with campaign optimization since other offers are becoming part of the campaign?
Sometimes it does, but that's why Monetizer is transparent and shows you all the data about the converting offers and allows you to set limits for postbacks in case you don't want all the conversions to be fired back to your tracker.

Monetizer is transparent and shows you all the data about the converting offers and allows you to set limits for postbacks in case you don't want all the conversions to be fired back to your tracker.
How are the limits set, with tokens in the postback url? On a side note, yesterday I was reading about s2s (server to server) tracking where the affiliate network does a postback for conversions so the affiliate knows where his conversions are coming from. Is this different from a postback url? Also, I discovered there is coding I can do to prevent an affiliate network from stealing my campaigns. I know it has to do with the postback url. Can you explain how that is done?

How are the limits set, with tokens in the postback url?
Monetizer has a settings tab for each link you create. No need to use tokens.

On a side note, yesterday I was reading about s2s (server to server) tracking where the affiliate network does a postback for conversions so the affiliate knows where his conversions are coming from. Is this different from a postback url?
No. those are exactly the same technology. Postbacks are server to server communication.

Also, I discovered there is coding I can do to prevent an affiliate network from stealing my campaigns. I know it has to do with the postback url. Can you explain how that is done?
I don't know what you're talking about. I don't think it's related to postbacks.

Monetizer has a settings tab for each link you create. No need to use tokens.

No. those are exactly the same technology. Postbacks are server to server communication.

I don't know what you're talking about. I don't think it's related to postbacks.
I think he is talking about locking landing pages so they cant be ripped. Not post back related.

I went back found what I was talking about. In a guide @Nick wrote entitled Understanding How Affiliate Tracking Works, he mentioned the traffic source postback url is optional, as a lot of affiliates believe "If you send back all your conversions to the traffic source, they could, in theory, steal your campaign. However, doing this step will allow you to see your conversions at the traffic source, making campaign optimizations easier for you because all the conversion data will be right in front of you when your are blacklisting or whitelisting."

I went back found what I was talking about. In a guide @Nick wrote entitled Understanding How Affiliate Tracking Works, he mentioned the traffic source postback url is optional, as a lot of affiliates believe "If you send back all your conversions to the traffic source, they could, in theory, steal your campaign. However, doing this step will allow you to see your conversions at the traffic source, making campaign optimizations easier for you because all the conversion data will be right in front of you when your are blacklisting or whitelisting."
You got it :)

Yeah, in many cases for me, the less the traffic source knows about my campaigns, the better.

Yeah, in many cases for me, the less the traffic source knows about my campaigns, the better.
I agree. If the conversions are present in your tracker and affiliate network, isn't that enough to do campaign optimization? It seems like having the conversions at the traffic source is to validate what's showing in the tracker and affiliate network? Am I missing something?

I agree. If the conversions are present in your tracker and affiliate network, isn't that enough to do campaign optimization? It seems like having the conversions at the traffic source is to validate what's showing in the tracker and affiliate network? Am I missing something?
No, you're right. In most cases having the data in your tracker is all you need (it should be in the affiliate network if it's in your tracker). You want as much data in your tracker as possible and as little other places (affiliate network + traffic source) as possible. The exception is if you are using optimization technology with the traffic source.

The exception is if you are using optimization technology with the traffic source.
Do you have any thoughts on traffic source optimization technology vs manual optimization from a newbie perspective? In other words, should newbies focus on manual optimization until they fully understand the process? Then try traffic source optimization technology?

Do you have any thoughts on traffic source optimization technology vs manual optimization from a newbie perspective? In other words, should newbies focus on manual optimization until they fully understand the process? Then try traffic source optimization technology?
I don't think it's a bad idea to dabble with the auto optimization stuff, but as a newbie, it's important to learn WHY you apply certain rules so doing it manually is a good idea :)

hi Luke,

so I tried this and RIO keeps going up and down, I am using propellerads smartCPM, bidding $1.61 as there top bid is $4.553, not getting many conversion on the offer I choose, spend so far$20 and got 28 leads, 5 leads from my offer and the rest is all different offers, one offer had 10 leads but only paid $0.54, how do we optimize monetizer and propellerads side @Luke , thanks

kind regards

abas

hi Luke,

so I tried this and RIO keeps going up and down, I am using propellerads smartCPM, bidding $1.61 as there top bid is $4.553, not getting many conversion on the offer I choose, spend so far$20 and got 28 leads, 5 leads from my offer and the rest is all different offers, one offer had 10 leads but only paid $0.54, how do we optimize monetizer and propellerads side @Luke , thanks

kind regards

abas
Select the offers on Monetizer that are actually getting conversions and remove the others. See if there's a profitable segment.