• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • Find the best prices and largest volumes across Push, Popunder, and Native Ad Networks. Discover traffic price drops with Traffic Lab's historical data!
    Check out Traffic Lab!

Follow Along Survey Pops Intermediate Guide - Zero to Hero (MKII)

OpenAFF is the first technology affiliate network

Neil

Grandpa affLIFT
Staff Member
Community Leader
I have been meaning to start a follow along using the Grand Guru's new course ever since it was mentioned but life has just kept getting in the way but this morning I thought it's time to get this show on the road no more excuses!

So here we go another FA from me but this time following GG @Nick's awesome new FREE course the Survey Pops - The Intermediate Guide

If you haven't read it yet make sure you do it's an awesome guide which will help you move into the next stage of your journey.

Right back to Zero to Hero (MKII) the Reckoning.....

I will be trying to keep to the course as much as possible but I will be using Binom rather than BeMob as that is just what I use now, both are brilliant trackers so either is good. In fact any tracker will certainly do as long as you configure it correctly for your postbacks etc.

This FA will be in parts as I'm starting it before my campaign is actually up and running as it will force me to get it done, so rather than post this is what I'm doing and here we go I'll post the stages of my setup which I hope makes sense?

As I already have account with PropellerAds and Zeydoo I can skip straight through to stage 3 & 4 of the guide, setting up your tracker.

Luckily Binom is pretty cool in that it has quite a large template library (in fact most of the top trackers have a decent library of templates these days so this shouldn't be an issue for anyone) so setting up PropellerAds is super simple, just click Traffic Sources then Create.

Now I simply just start typing PropellerAds in the Search box and it will filter the templates for me

Then Just click PropellerAds Integrated this will populate the tokens for PropellerAds.

However, before you click save you need to remember edit the Poatback URL so your postbacks are logged correctly, check out Step 3 in the guide for more detailed how to setup your postback.

Default Template Postback URL

My edited Postback URL (Obviously not my real aid & tid!!)

Then I setup Zeydoo as an affiliate network, again using Binom's built in template library simply click Aff. Networks, Create then Load from Catalog

As before start typing Zeydoo and select it from the list and click save

Right now my tracker is ready I just need to get a lander sorted, choose an offer and a GEO which I'll do shortly

RollerAds
I have been looking through the offers as per Step 5 of the guide, I was going to go with the same offer and just go through the guide as @Nick wrote it, however, it seems that offer is not available to me so I'm going with another one instead.

I'm going to try and be as transparent as possible without killing my campaign before its started, so will share the offer but not the GEO at this time, I will probably share one of the landers too but maybe a little later on ;)

I've settled on the Betting Survey, no idea how this performs but something different from the dating niche for a change!

This offer has 3 landing pages Girl, Girl 2 and Ball, so I will create 3 links one for each. To set the offer up in Binom click on the Offers tab, select Create and fill out the offer details.

I tend to leave my offers as Global but you can set the GEO if you wish, remember you need to replace the default tokens from the Zeydoo link!

From
offer_id=2058&var={SOURCE_ID}&ymid={CLICK_ID}

To
offer_id=2058&var={campaign}&ymid={clickid}

Then repeat for the remaining 2 links, you can just use the Clone button in Binom to make a copy of an offer which can really help speed things up, just remember to change the URL. When you're finished you should have 3 offers waiting to earn you some $$$$

The nest step in the course was to add the Postback, I won't go over adding it as it's already covered in the course, just show you where in Binom if you didn't know, it's under Settings in Binom

Now just need to setup a couple of landers and I can get this party started. I going for a few simple ones to start with, might add some more later on but just want to get going for now. In fact I'm just going to take the lander in the course and edit it for the betting niche.

To setup a Lander in Binom click Landers tab and Create then fill out the info for your lander.

Last thing I need to do is create a campaign, so select Campaigns tab then Create, enter the details and click Save. This will create the campaign and generate the Campaign URL which you then copy into PropellerAds.

Now my campaign is all setup as per @Nick's course, once the campaign is approved I'll see just how I get on, wish me luck.

Last edited:
Awesome. Glad to see a follow along with another tracker + detailed screenshots of how to set everything up!

Im curious how you created LPs for multiple languages and no path rules. Or is it that you are simply working with one language in a few Geos?

Im curious how you created LPs for multiple languages and no path rules. Or is it that you are simply working with one language in a few Geos?

ATM I'm only running with one GEO but I have multiple ways of dealing with different languages either via scripting to check browser language, passing the language from traffic source which I'll show the relevant language or directly assigning the language to the page i.e. hard coded language.

Great looking setup! Hoping to see many conversions :D

FA First update:

So just checked in on my campaign in my tracker and I was blown away! They say a picture can say a 1000 words so here you go:

This has only been running for around 4 hours so that is just amazing, however, I can't get too carried away as I'm running pops and these are the stats from my tracker so there will definitely be a difference between the those and what is shown in PropellerAds due to click loss. I have had over +50% click loss on campaigns before so not cracking the champagne just yet but what a great start.

I'm going to leave this alone now to let it play out it's first day, hopefully it will keep this momentum up.

Tomorrow I'll check the figures in both Propeller and Binom and work out how much click loss there has been and adjust to show actual ROI on the campaign.

But for now I think I'll mostly be.......

FA First update:

So just checked in on my campaign in my tracker and I was blown away! They say a picture can say a 1000 words so here you go:

View attachment 21113

This has only been running for around 4 hours so that is just amazing, however, I can't get too carried away as I'm running pops and these are the stats from my tracker so there will definitely be a difference between the those and what is shown in PropellerAds due to click loss. I have had over +50% click loss on campaigns before so not cracking the champagne just yet but what a great start.

I'm going to leave this alone now to let it play out it's first day, hopefully it will keep this momentum up.

Tomorrow I'll check the figures in both Propeller and Binom and work out how much click loss there has been and adjust to show actual ROI on the campaign.

But for now I think I'll mostly be.......

Thats crazy results!

Can you tell me how to does one usually adjust for clickloss? What I usually do is estimate the average clickloss. And sometimes I will manually update costs.

Last edited:

Thats crazy results!

Can you tell me how to does one usually adjust for clickloss? What i usually do is estimate the average clickloss. And sometimes I will manually update costs.

At the moment I just use Excel and do a quick calculation manually, I have half written a script to do it but not got round to finishing it off.

I have seen many pros who use Binom that they set the loss of clicks in the tracker or at least that's what they say or I understand.๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ
A very nice start ๐Ÿ‘Œ

At the moment I just use Excel and do a quick calculation manually, I have half written a script to do it but not got round to finishing it off.
Either way its still only going to be a good estimation right? its not entirely consistently accurate? because you don't know how much u paid for those lost clicks. Especially if you're consistently modifying the bids.

Is this correct? The most accurate would be to simply update the costs?

Nice looking initial results. Hope this momentum continues.

BTW, how did you select what geo to run this offer in?

What kind of campaign are you running on PropellerAds?

I have seen many pros who use Binom that they set the loss of clicks in the tracker or at least that's what they say or I understand.๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ
A very nice start ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Yes you can set that in Binom, however, I don't as it fluctuates so rather work it out, plus repeating the task helps me refine my process etc.

Either way its still only going to be a good estimation right? its not entirely consistently accurate? because you don't know how much u paid for those lost clicks. Especially if you're consistently modifying the bids.

Is this correct? The most accurate would be to simply update the costs?

You never truly know how much you paid for the clicks in your tracker as even updating costs only adds the add amount averaged over the date range! Personally I use my tracker as an indication of how well a campaign is doing and to view data about visitors like browser, OS etc. I also view traffic source info as well as that is more accurate cost wise.

I tend not to mess about with bids too much as I found it just causes me more problems and doesn't help my campaigns in the longer term.

Nice looking initial results. Hope this momentum continues.

BTW, how did you select what geo to run this offer in?

What kind of campaign are you running on PropellerAds?

Me too :p
I have run some offers in this GEO previously so have a little experience with it, although not run this offer before.

I am following @Nick's course so it's a CPA Goal 2.0 campaign

I am most impressed with your campaign naming convention. :ROFLMAO:

You know I never even noticed that until you mentioned it :ROFLMAO:

Day One Results

The first day's results are in and look pretty good, although also looks like there is a far amount of click loss which I'm not overly surprised considering I'm running pops at the moment. Also, worth noting that yesterday was not a full day as the campaign was started late afternoon around 4pm(ish).

Yesterdays Stats from Binom

Yesterdays Stats from ProperllerAds

Using my basic calculation it looks like I'm seeing about 21% click loss which seems high but in my limited experience in this GEO isn't that far off, I've seen worse!

So far the landers all look to be performing quite well which is nice so will leave them be for now

Which is the same for the offers too

Campaign Info
I don't think I posted much information around the actual campaign config yesterday as I spent so much time on the setup forgot to add any of that! So here is a little info on the config of the campaign:
  • Budget - I started out with a daily budget of $30 but after seeing the early results I bumped that to $50, I may bump it higher still if it continues to perform so well
  • Targeting - I tend to target mobile (Android) mostly with my campaigns as not had great success with desktop, although that is something I need to work on in the coming year
  • Exclusions - As with targeting I tend to start off by excluding Android versions 2, 3 & 4
  • Audience Retargeting - I also tend to collect users who have converted and exclude them
So far I'm happy with the performance of the campaign and see no real reason to change anything, here's hoping day two is even better than day one :p

Time to get back to the grind

Last edited:
I am most impressed with your campaign naming convention. :ROFLMAO:
@Nick imagine how many people would have gone through the course already if we had thought to name it InterCourse. Missed opportunity! ๐Ÿ˜†

Day One Results

The first day's results are in and look pretty good, although also looks like there is a far amount of click loss which I'm not overly surprised considering I'm running pops at the moment. Also, worth noting that yesterday was not a full day as the campaign was started late afternoon around 4pm(ish).

Yesterdays Stats from Binom
View attachment 21118
Yesterdays Stats from ProperllerAds
View attachment 21119

Using my basic calculation it looks like I'm seeing about 21% click loss which seems high but in my limited experience in this GEO isn't that far off, I've seen worse!

View attachment 21124

So far the landers all look to be performing quite well which is nice so will leave them be for now

View attachment 21122
Which is the same for the offers too

View attachment 21123

Campaign Info
I don't think I posted much information around the actual campaign config yesterday as I spent so much time on the setup forgot to add any of that! So here is a little info on the config of the campaign:
  • Budget - I started out with a daily budget of $30 but after seeing the early results I bumped that to $50, I may bump it higher still if it continues to perform so well
  • Targeting - I tend to target mobile (Android) mostly with my campaigns as not had great success with desktop, although that is something I need to work on in the coming year
  • Exclusions - As with targeting I tend to start off by excluding Android versions 2, 3 & 4
  • Audience Retargeting - I also tend to collect users who have converted and exclude them
So far I'm happy with the performance of the campaign and see no real reason to change anything, here's hoping day two is even better than day one :p

Time to get back to the grind

Looks great! Hope this encourages other members to give the course a try :D

Looks great! Hope this encourages other members to give the course a try :D

Yeah but maybe in a week or so after I lock in some solid profits :p