• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • Heylink - the only tracking tool that will show you new revenue recommendations, automatically connect you to the highest paying campaign and allow you to focus on what matters - driving conversions.
    Learn more about Heylink

Smartlinks - How it works, when to use it?

AdsEmpire

Dawka

Super Contributor
Hi guys!

I asked this question before on the chat but I think it's more complex topic to discuss.

I run dating offers with push and in last days I tried a few smartlinks. In my case it doesn't work too well. I mean I can break-even or a be in a small profit but nothing more.

My main question is: This kind of links depends "only" on GEO, carrier, device etc. or ALSO on the data which offer is converting the best for my OWN traffic source? In my opinion the former one (at least in most case).

I start thinking that smartlinks are good but as supplement for your campaign - not as main offer. It's damn hard to create good funnel with them. Very often some offers converts (I see it on because of payouts) but I can't select them anyway because it's constant rotation and I can't select just 1 offer from smartlink.

But still I see soo many affiliates on spy tools who use smartlink as their main link. Why is that? Or maybe that's not true and it's just redirection and protection from spy tools?

Actually that's the reason why I started to use smartlinks - because everyone uses it on spy tool. But for me results were not as good as before on single offers. Also burnout of offers should not be as big problem with smartlink (at least I was thinking that).

What do you think guys about smartlinks? What is your experience with them? Do you use it?

Hopefully we can talk a bit about it :)

Dawid

CrakRevenue
I start thinking that smartlinks are good but as supplement for your campaign - not as main offer. It's damn hard to create good funnel with them. Very often some offers converts (I see it on because of payouts) but I can't select them anyway because it's constant rotation and I can't select just 1 offer from smartlink.
Yes, this is the big downfall with using a smartlink. It's hard to optimize.

My main question is: This kind of links depends "only" on GEO, carrier, device etc. or ALSO on the data which offer is converting the best for my OWN traffic source? In my opinion the former one (at least in most case).
It depends on the smartlink you are using and what data they are able to collect on your traffic source. I assume any good smartlink would consider YOUR traffic specifically once it's collected enough data on how offers are performing specifically for you and then filter down.

Smartlinks are awesome, but a lot of times, you want to use them as a fallback. Send traffic to x offers and optimize based on their performance. If you find a certain OS version or something is not performing well, you can filter those to a smartlink and see how that does. Of course, they're also good for back button traffic and things like that.

Even with Monetizer, you are probably better of running traffic directly to an offer and using their smart fallback.

Hey @Dawka ; good question. A smartlink has several options to be considered
1- Offers inside (direct ones - nondirect - with prelandings etc..)
2- Tech behind the algorithm: which means how the smartlink rotate offers base on Geo, carrier, eCPM, real Time, source etc.. but on this field is not easy to know because each company has its own "rules"

Smartlinks are good usually for 3 main reasons:
1- Remanent traffic - which means all nontargeted clicks.
2- if the smartlink has a good offer behind and your relation with your AM is brilliant means: you perhaps will get the whole budget/capping and make the most of it.
3- Easy setup and quickly run traffic (as you count with tons of good offers in one single URL) so you can find out good sources.

Why using smartlink as the main link? to look and find the sources (subids) can be a good reason :) since the Smartlink suppose to have the best offers, right? so at least you can clean a bit the source you are buying traffic from.

And finally I would like to say that you can always build your own smartlink - no need to have 2k offers, only the ones you know it will work base on your segments and filters :)

Hope this helps you,

Smartlinks are awesome, but a lot of times, you want to use them as a fallback. Send traffic to x offers and optimize based on their performance. If you find a certain OS version or something is not performing well, you can filter those to a smartlink and see how that does. Of course, they're also good for back button traffic and things like that.

Yeah, I read about it on Charlesngo blog. You're right, it's probably the best way to use smartlinks.

2- if the smartlink has a good offer behind and your relation with your AM is brilliant means: you perhaps will get the whole budget/capping and make the most of it.

I totally forgot about caps in case of smartlinks! Probably the best offers could be reserved for better AM (or these with relations) like you said.

Why using smartlink as the main link? to look and find the sources (subids) can be a good reason :) since the Smartlink suppose to have the best offers, right? so at least you can clean a bit the source you are buying traffic from.

And finally I would like to say that you can always build your own smartlink - no need to have 2k offers, only the ones you know it will work base on your segments and filters :)

Gold :) I never thought about it like that. I will definitely try both methods. Especially the second one. It could be easier to make good funnel with my "own smartlink".

I think smartlinks would be best to test out traffic sources. Let's say you got a traffic source you really want to test out and you got a smartlink you know that works, test it out see the movement, the Conversions, everything. That can give you a great indication on the traffic source.

And if your'e reaching a positive ROI, that's even better :)

Hi guys!

I asked this question before on the chat but I think it's more complex topic to discuss.

I run dating offers with push and in last days I tried a few smartlinks. In my case it doesn't work too well. I mean I can break-even or a be in a small profit but nothing more.

But still I see soo many affiliates on spy tools who use smartlink as their main link. Why is that? Or maybe that's not true and it's just redirection and protection from spy tools?

Actually that's the reason why I started to use smartlinks - because everyone uses it on spy tool. But for me results were not as good as before on single offers. Also burnout of offers should not be as big problem with smartlink (at least I was thinking that).

What do you think guys about smartlinks? What is your experience with them? Do you use it?

Hopefully we can talk a bit about it :)

Dawid
My experience with smartlinks is to expect a campaign life of 1-3 days once you’ve found the converting parameters.

Smartlink offers change all the time, so once you’ve found the parameters you’ll need to optimise your campaign and target them aggressively.

If you hesitate, the opportunity will be missed.

This is my experience anyway.

Smartlink offers change all the time, so once you’ve found the parameters you’ll need to optimise your campaign and target them aggressively.

I'm not really sure if I understood it correctly. Let me clarify. If I'll find that smartlink is doing well in for example DE, Vodafone, Android 7 I should create separate campaign with only these parameters? Or you mean something else?

I'm not really sure if I understood it correctly. Let me clarify. If I'll find that smartlink is doing well in for example DE, Vodafone, Android 7 I should create separate campaign with only these parameters? Or you mean something else?

If you are striking gold on a specific targeting attribute, then yes of course. Going into the smallest of resolutions is where the green is at!

Few months ego i focus on single offers with no success but immediately i started using smartlink, Its been wonderful. Smartlink works absolutely fine for me.

Its also a perfect way of testing traffic source before investing...

Few months ego i focus on single offers with no success but immediately i started using smartlink, Its been wonderful. Smartlink works absolutely fine for me.

Its also a perfect way of testing traffic source before investing...
Awesome! What smartlinks sources are you having the most success with so far? For me, I've been doing well with Monetizer, Mobidea, and the push link from PeerFly.

I've been testing LosPollos with limited success. Just need to keep testing I guess. I haven't tried iMonetizeIt yet, but I will to and I need to get them here on affLIFT :)

I've been testing LosPollos with limited success. Just need to keep testing I guess. I haven't tried iMonetizeIt yet, but I will to and I need to get them here on affLIFT :)

iMonetizeIt has high converting dating offers.

But my only issue with them is the approval process. Their requirement much though

Sometimes I promote a SmartLink directly, but mostly it's for fun. I use smart links mostly as a fallback in my campaigns for extra revenue.

I've got a soft-spot for smartlinks and use them a lot. They way I see it, the networks have already done a lot of the donkey work so why not piggy-back on what they've done already?