Follow Along Revcontent RON + VSL Let's do this ๐Ÿš€

RollerAds
You should make a Follow Along! ๐Ÿš€

kaminari
Hey @Anth great FA! Just read through the whole thing and had a couple of questions.

It looks like you found the most success when you appeared to do two things right around the same time. 1. Switched niche. 2. Started focusing on mobile instead of desktop.

Did you take your desktop blacklist and use that on mobile? Or did you start a fresh separate blacklist for mobile?

I'm assuming for mobile they'll be two overall campaigns there? One for IOS and one for Android?

Last one. I think I've been bidding too low overall on my campaigns. How are your overall bids looking for your mobile camps? I assume there's some sort of sweet spot where you're bidding high enough to get on good placements, but not bidding too high that you're getting a lot of high cost clicks from a ton of small spend widgets that you can't really optimize since they don't spend a lot each day.

Thanks!

Hey @Anth great FA! Just read through the whole thing and had a couple of questions.

It looks like you found the most success when you appeared to do two things right around the same time. 1. Switched niche. 2. Started focusing on mobile instead of desktop.

Did you take your desktop blacklist and use that on mobile? Or did you start a fresh separate blacklist for mobile?

I'm assuming for mobile they'll be two overall campaigns there? One for IOS and one for Android?

Last one. I think I've been bidding too low overall on my campaigns. How are your overall bids looking for your mobile camps? I assume there's some sort of sweet spot where you're bidding high enough to get on good placements, but not bidding too high that you're getting a lot of high cost clicks from a ton of small spend widgets that you can't really optimize since they don't spend a lot each day.

Thanks!

Hey, glad it helped! :)

Yes, but only the absolute worst ones (account level) and then of course started growing the mobile one the more I ran.

I ran both together and still do.

Last one. I think I've been bidding too low overall on my campaigns.
They always change, higher/lower and I have a huge list of widget-level bids and the rest is just the RON bid. Each of the widget-level is at a sweetspot (y) Exactly as you explained :cool:

Hope this helps! :)

Hey, glad it helped! :)

Yes, but only the absolute worst ones (account level) and then of course started growing the mobile one the more I ran.

I ran both together and still do.

They always change, higher/lower and I have a huge list of widget-level bids and the rest is just the RON bid. Each of the widget-level is at a sweetspot (y) Exactly as you explained :cool:

Hope this helps! :)
That definitely does help thank you!

How was the campaign last month?

That definitely does help thank you!

How was the campaign last month?

I had a few going on revcontent, but not now, down to one and it was like this:

It needs some attention, but things are up in the air with Revcontent atm and people being banned for no reason pretty much. Definitely on eggshells lol so I'm just leaving it alone.

I haven't had any warnings or anything, but neither did others who got banned. I guess that's a big reason why I started also focusing on MGID.

Hopefully things calm down in a few weeks or couple of months or something.

It needs some attention, but things are up in the air with Revcontent atm and people being banned for no reason pretty much.
What reason are they being given when they do get banned?

I had a few going on revcontent, but not now, down to one and it was like this:
View attachment 39734

It needs some attention, but things are up in the air with Revcontent atm and people being banned for no reason pretty much. Definitely on eggshells lol so I'm just leaving it alone.

I haven't had any warnings or anything, but neither did others who got banned. I guess that's a big reason why I started also focusing on MGID.

Hopefully things calm down in a few weeks or couple of months or something.
Did your Revcontent account get terminated?

They are on a mission to get rid of people who rotate landing pages (which I would assume virtually every affiliate on Revcontent does)

What's happened to me (and many other people I have spoken with) is the account manager sends a warning. But then, even if you do everything by the book later on and make no changes to LP's, they will still terminate the account a week or two later

Yeah as @sd31677 said, plus other silly reasons which doesn't warrant bans, not sure what's going on there whether they are just cleaning up to sell or been sued and cleaning out, revenue doesn't seem to be an issue, it's not like they're just removing low spenders.

Did your Revcontent account get terminated?
No mate, just leaving it alone whilst this is going on, seems a bit like fb atm, do nothing wrong and you still get banned. Maybe they look at whole history or something, not sure cause even when not rotating people are banned for "rotating" lol.

To be honest, I didn't even know it was in the terms until you got banned with it @zefron

How is it going @Anth?

I've been leaving Revcontent alone with what I have already running or approved, since their ban wave I dislike the feeling of walking on eggshells. So I've then been more focused on MGID and EU.

Revcontent still brings in revenue/profit and recently I re-activated another one of my campaigns which was already approved previously.

That was yesterday, 2 campaigns now typically up and down like this on autopilot pretty much.

I'm still in California, heading to palm springs tomorrow for the weekend too which should be good. But overall MGID+Revcontent I've been leaving alone and also have my Wife managing some of my other sources of income hehe :cool:

I'm prepping to start my first native campaign. Given the uncertainty due to the banning issue would you recommend avoiding Revcontent for now and starting with MGID?

I'm prepping to start my first native campaign. Given the uncertainty due to the banning issue would you recommend avoiding Revcontent for now and starting with MGID?

It's entirely up to you, I may just be overthinking it but since I have steady profit coming in from it, if I did anything then got banned I'd regret it haha.

I wouldn't mind if people were warned first and the problem was described, but some have been banned with no warning and it's crazy!

Update #1
I decided to test out multiple geos in the same campaign to make it possible to bid less, I've decided to stop this after 1.5x payout ($120)..

Why?
Because I feel like it's messy, yes clicks are cheaper, but I'm not helping myself find some good widgets, which is a goal I am aiming for.
Plus, with the cheaper clicks, it's not like they convert like the other "normal" campaigns, since the quality seems better.

I will retest in future though for sure, and right now not be distracted from gathering data, blacklisting and testing parts of the funnel.

Another note to make, my daily budgets are $100 per campaign. If they get conversions ($80) I increase the budget to $150. If it gets 2, I increase to $250 and so on...
Value able thanks

Great campaign and very excited to see the big improvement in the ROI.

Can you share how exactly do you test creatives and landers? Which metric do you use to benchmark?
Yes, didn't know about the good or bad widgets.
Can't wait to see you get greens. Also am interested in understanding how you test the LP + creative skills.