Join Adcash today and start earning big!

Is It Feasible to Build an Affiliate Tracker from Scratch?

RollerAds

h1c

Super Contributor
Hi everyone,

I've been thinking about the idea of building my own affiliate tracking system from scratch instead of using existing solutions like Voluum or BeMob. The concept seems straightforward—tracking clicks, recording conversions, and generating reports—but I’m aware that there might be complexities I haven’t considered.

Before diving in, I wanted to ask a few questions:

1. Feasibility: Is it realistic for an individual to develop and maintain an affiliate tracker? What are the key challenges that might not be obvious at the start?
  2. Core Components: Besides the basics like handling click IDs, postback URLs, and GET requests, what other features or components should I consider essential for a robust tracking system?
  3. Scalability and Performance: How difficult is it to scale a custom-built tracker to handle large volumes of traffic and data? Are there specific technologies or architectures that can help with this?
  4. Security and Compliance: What are the common security and compliance issues that I should be aware of when building such a system? How do existing trackers handle these?
  5. Development Time vs. Using Existing Solutions: If you’ve built a tracker or something similar, how did it compare in terms of development time and

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!