Guide How to make money with mobile IVRs and Traffic Company

AdsEmpire
@servandosilva @Traffic Company @Kintura @Zeropark

so I have trafficCompany, Kintura, and Zeropark.
A little confusing so here’s some questions.
1. Go to TC find an IVR you like
2 Select a Prelander
3 do you then create a direct link?
3a if yes do you use that direct link as the offer page on your tracker?
4 if no, then what
5 do I use the prelander pic from TC to upland to my host and use the direct link as the click url?
6 ZP wants creative images for Push campaigns
6a do I just use the prelander pic? The prelanders in TC seem to perform an action on hover. Now what

kinda got stuck at #3

thanks
Greg
Hi man. Let me see if I can help you with your questions.

3. No, if you select a pre lander you're not direct linking anymore. You're using a pre lander hosted by traffic company. If you want to host your own pre landers then don't select a pre lander and direct link to the offer page.

3a. Whether you select a pre lander or not with Traffic company, you need to set up that link as an offer in your tracker always.

5. If you selected a pre lander from traffic company you don't need to host the landing page yourself and you don't need a host/server either. You won't need a click URL either as that only applies for when you host your own landers.

6. Yes.

6a. No, create or download your own icons and creatives for your push notification campaigns. Using the pre lander pic for an icon doesn't make sense because the icons are too small. The image size for an icon in Zeropark is 192x192. Think of icons like the ones you have in your cell phone (Facebook, gmail, chrome, etc). Those are the type of creatives you need to use in your notifications.

MGID
Ok so #3 was causing my headache.
Here’s what I understand now

1 find the IVR you like
2 select a prelander
3 the prelander chosen will appear on next page along with some optional items. Then it says “create direct link” and then “create link”, implying 2 options.
4 create the link. Use that link in your tracker
6 tracker creates tracking link which is the link to add in traffic source
7 Find, make, beg, pay for images for your push
8 $$$

I think I got it, but lmk if I’m missing something

thanks!

It's confusing for a lot of people because even an offer is a landing page. When it comes to tracking, exactly like @servandosilva said and I think we explained to you in support (if that was you) which is that as far as a tracker is concerned once the traffic is redirected to the link your affiliate network gave you it's what we call an "Offer" in tracker land.

Hi @Gregorydlc

Hereby some feedback:

#3, At our platform we provide prelanders in order to improve the CR, if you don't want to use a prelander or make use of an own prelander you can choose for a direct link.
#3a, Yes, that's correct, otherwise your tracker Kintura, isn't able to track.
#5, Not sure what you mean here.
#6,If you want to run push campaigns you should have creatives indeed. You should comeuppance with those images as it's your campaign. This is actually a very important point, cause this has a big influence on your CTR, which is important for your costs. So having the right images and text is key to set up a profitable campaign. This is the point where your marketing creativity should come up.
#6a, I wouldn't use a prelander pic for the push campaign creative images. You should see that separated. I mean, the push campaign is how you generate the traffic and you use the prelander to convert the traffic.

Hope this helpful for you, if not, let us know.

It's confusing for a lot of people because even an offer is a landing page. When it comes to tracking, exactly like @servandosilva said and I think we explained to you in support (if that was you) which is that as far as a tracker is concerned once the traffic is redirected to the link your affiliate network gave you it's what we call an "Offer" in tracker land.
@Kintura that wasn’t me in support - yet! I was brand new to both @Kintura and @Traffic Company so there was a bit of a learning curve. The first 10,000 “visitors” never saw an offer bec/ I set the Kintura campaign up incorrectly. My second try seems to be working correctly. It’s great to know that you all are on affLift (the greatest forum I’ve ever met). Feels like I could get very quick responses to questions.

Hi @Gregorydlc

Hereby some feedback:

#3, At our platform we provide prelanders in order to improve the CR, if you don't want to use a prelander or make use of an own prelander you can choose for a direct link.
#3a, Yes, that's correct, otherwise your tracker Kintura, isn't able to track.
#5, Not sure what you mean here.
#6,If you want to run push campaigns you should have creatives indeed. You should comeuppance with those images as it's your campaign. This is actually a very important point, cause this has a big influence on your CTR, which is important for your costs. So having the right images and text is key to set up a profitable campaign. This is the point where your marketing creativity should come up.
#6a, I wouldn't use a prelander pic for the push campaign creative images. You should see that separated. I mean, the push campaign is how you generate the traffic and you use the prelander to convert the traffic.

Hope this helpful for you, if not, let us know.
@Traffic Company
#5 -only ran one push campaign before - not very successfully. Hence the learning curve. It’s starting to make more sense now that I a have some data from the campaigns I’ve started.
Thanks for your help

Ok so #3 was causing my headache.

3 the prelander chosen will appear on next page along with some optional items. Then it says “create direct link” and then “create link”, implying 2 options.

The issue here is you thought "create direct" link was another option to create the offer link.
If you click the "create direct link" button, it only goes back to selecting a lander or removes the lander you already selected in step 2.

But you've got it sorted now :)

The issue here is you thought "create direct" link was another option to create the offer link.
If you click the "create direct link" button, it only goes back to selecting a lander or removes the lander you already selected in step 2.

But you've got it sorted now :)

absolutely. I see now that it’s actually easier. I do need to create or “find” some creatives. I did run into a problem where I didn’t create a route in Kintura so I was paying for traffic but receiving none. I sorted that out quick !

Hi man. Let me see if I can help you with your questions.

3. No, if you select a pre lander you're not direct linking anymore. You're using a pre lander hosted by traffic company. If you want to host your own pre landers then don't select a pre lander and direct link to the offer page.

3a. Whether you select a pre lander or not with Traffic company, you need to set up that link as an offer in your tracker always.

5. If you selected a pre lander from traffic company you don't need to host the landing page yourself and you don't need a host/server either. You won't need a click URL either as that only applies for when you host your own landers.

6. Yes.

6a. No, create or download your own icons and creatives for your push notification campaigns. Using the pre lander pic for an icon doesn't make sense because the icons are too small. The image size for an icon in Zeropark is 192x192. Think of icons like the ones you have in your cell phone (Facebook, gmail, chrome, etc). Those are the type of creatives you need to use in your notifications.
@servandosilva I don't know how to create images or icons. You mentioned they can be downloaded. Can you recommend some good sources for these, I don't mind paying for them? BTW I don't have a spy tool, so I can't rip any.
Thanks in advance!

@servandosilva I don't know how to create images or icons. You mentioned they can be downloaded. Can you recommend some good sources for these, I don't mind paying for them? BTW I don't have a spy tool, so I can't rip any.
Thanks in advance!
I literally just use Google search for this.
If I want to promote an app about dating, I search for (dating icon). Or iPhone icon, or bitcoin icon, etc. You get the idea...

No need to create the images yourself or pay for a spy tool to get the icons. They are freely available on Google image search.

If you don't mind paying for those though, you should get a spy tool where you can download them along with landers and data about what works.

I literally just use Google search for this.
If I want to promote an app about dating, I search for (dating icon). Or iPhone icon, or bitcoin icon, etc. You get the idea...

No need to create the images yourself or pay for a spy tool to get the icons. They are freely available on Google image search.

If you don't mind paying for those though, you should get a spy tool where you can download them along with landers and data about what works.
Thanks, this helps a lot. I had looked at google images but was concerned about the quality.

Thanks, this helps a lot. I had looked at google images but was concerned about the quality.
I mean, unless you're a graphic designer (and even so, you shouldn't assume your creatives will perform better just because they @look better") I imagine it's going to be hard to make better icons and graphics than what's already available there :)

I mean, unless you're a graphic designer (and even so, you shouldn't assume your creatives will perform better just because they @look better") I imagine it's going to be hard to make better icons and graphics than what's already available there :)
OK I will follow your advice as you are the seasoned pro. I will be starting some campaigns with offers from Traffic Company and Mobidea. I have been reading a lot your posts and others. I finished Luke's pops guide and ran my first campaign. It's time to run more campaigns to start seeing some green. Once again, thanks a lot for your input!!

OK I will follow your advice as you are the seasoned pro. I will be starting some campaigns with offers from Traffic Company and Mobidea. I have been reading a lot your posts and others. I finished Luke's pops guide and ran my first campaign. It's time to run more campaigns to start seeing some green. Once again, thanks a lot for your input!!
Don't forget to create a follow along to engage more with people and get some help with your campaigns if needed :)

Awesome guide Servando, can you give an idea on the budget required for testing IVR offers from Traffic Company and getting the campaign profitable? Also do they pay net 30 or net 14 to new affiliates?

Awesome guide Servando, can you give an idea on the budget required for testing IVR offers from Traffic Company and getting the campaign profitable? Also do they pay net 30 or net 14 to new affiliates?
It depends on the geos you're going to run, but for most conversions, the payouts change between 10 cents and a couple of dollars.

That should give you an idea of how much you need to spend per day and your monthly budgets :)