Guide 🆘 39 Tips and Tricks on How to Fail in Affiliate Marketing

Adsterra

dood

🚀
Staff Member
Community Leader
I had an idea to write an article about the most common reasons why you might fail in affiliate marketing. There are a bunch of reasons. I’m sure you already had experience with some (or most) of them. But then I thought - why not write all this as a joke? Here it comes…

Don’t learn the basic terms​

Click ID, Click-Through Rate, CPA, CPM, CPL, CPA, RevShare, SOI, DOI, Frequency Capping, … There are just too many terms!

Don’t waste time on learning all of them. What’s the worst thing that can happen? Your account manager can ask you a question about your campaign performance and you won’t understand a sh*t they are saying 🙂

Also bidding on CPV or CPM is not the same. You can learn more about that or find out the hard way. Try bidding $1 CPV and $1 CPM (and don’t set a $100 daily budget in your campaign settings).

Don’t use a tracker​

Trackers are expensive. Don’t use a tracker. That way you won’t know which segment is performing well, and which one doesn’t. You won’t know what to cut, and where to scale. You won’t know

Last edited:
To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!