Search and Embed 1 Billion+ E-commerce Affiliate Offers. Simplify Workflow and Maximize Revenues.

Step 14 - Success / Failure Stories

Dolphin
Thanks Luke. I think it would be better for me to use a landing page rather than direct link carrier billing offers right.
I direct link most. Depends on the offer. It can never hurt to try your own LP ๐Ÿ‘

RichAds
Okay, so you made it all the way through our first guide. Please let us know how it went for you! It's not likely you were overly profitable with your $10 spend, but feel free to post a screenshot of your BeMob stats so we can see how you did! :)
Hi @Luke
After a lot of failing campaigns, I finally see a potential:

That UEA traffic shows a promising green! :love:
however, the volume is pretty low and when I tried to increase the bid, it's not green anymore..

any idea how can I increase the volume @Luke?

Hi @Luke
After a lot of failing campaigns, I finally see a potential:
View attachment 26046
That UEA traffic shows a promising green! :love:
however, the volume is pretty low and when I tried to increase the bid, it's not green anymore..

any idea how can I increase the volume @Luke?
Test the offer on other pop traffic sources.

What does the PopAds traffic estimator say for the volume based on the bid? If it's only a few thousand, it's probably not worth it.

Okay, so you made it all the way through our first guide. Please let us know how it went for you! It's not likely you were overly profitable with your $10 spend, but feel free to post a screenshot of your BeMob stats so we can see how you did! :)
Hi Luke. My 10$ testing round didn't go well. I wasn't able to differentiate hourly performance since my budget got eaten within 15 miniutes. How do I deal with that? Thanks

Hi Luke. My 10$ testing round didn't go well. I wasn't able to differentiate hourly performance since my budget got eaten within 15 miniutes. How do I deal with that? Thanks
That's expected in the first batch of testing. Optimize based on countries and run it again ๐Ÿ‘

Oh right. So I spent my first $5 dollars and oh boy I have a lot of issues. I did everything step by step but unfortunately, Bemob is showing that I've spent $16 plus I had old bot rules and 99.99% of my traffic went to bot traffic. Anyway.

1. Is there a way to see more than zones on PopAds? Like in the tracker, OS, Chrome Version, Countries, etc?
2. I had 67 conversions on both which means that at least the conversions are working well. Can I still look into the Bemob report to understand what to do?

Here are some of the results I've got.

As you can see, the amount is wrong IDK why, because I spent only $5. The clicks are in the bot records. The number of conversions is exactly the same as in PopAds.

As you can see there are mixed results. Please let me know what's the best way to analyze the data. Do you have some kind of plan to do this or just start looking for Android versions, Chrome versions, countries, Smart_push_numbers, etc?

Also, can I rely on the data from Bemob after these errors? (If you know what I did wrong please let me know).

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the help here :)

@Luke last thing, what happens with the zones that received a little traffic but no conversions? Should I make more tests with those zones as well after refining?
Thanks!

1. Is there a way to see more than zones on PopAds? Like in the tracker, OS, Chrome Version, Countries, etc?
You are pretty limited which is why you should use a tracker. The Reports on PopAds have country as a Group By option, but not browser/OS/etc.

2. I had 67 conversions on both which means that at least the conversions are working well. Can I still look into the Bemob report to understand what to do?
You should be able to see the conversions in your BeMob report is my guess. Hard to say though. I've never had all my traffic track as bots lol

You can update your BeMob cost using the guide here:

I would recommend just spending another $5 after you turn off the bot stuff. Maybe wait until tomorrow so your data is all correct in a single day to make it easier to do your optimizations ๐Ÿ‘

@Luke last thing, what happens with the zones that received a little traffic but no conversions? Should I make more tests with those zones as well after refining?
Thanks!
With PopAds, you will probably need to. If you run a whitelist with the zones that got traffic only, you won't get much traffic. You need to collect more data. Blacklist (pausing) the bad WebsiteIDs is probably the best option to continue collecting data.

The point of this course is basically to learn how to set everything up. You probably won't be able to get it profitable since the push payouts are so low these days, but still worth playing around with to learn how to do everything.

As you said, you had a bunch of issues in this first run. Worst case scenario is you lost around $5. I've had tracking issues where I spent $200 without realizing it :D

You are pretty limited which is why you should use a tracker. The Reports on PopAds have country as a Group By option, but not browser/OS/etc.

View attachment 26572

You should be able to see the conversions in your BeMob report is my guess. Hard to say though. I've never had all my traffic track as bots lol

You can update your BeMob cost using the guide here:

I would recommend just spending another $5 after you turn off the bot stuff. Maybe wait until tomorrow so your data is all correct in a single day to make it easier to do your optimizations ๐Ÿ‘

With PopAds, you will probably need to. If you run a whitelist with the zones that got traffic only, you won't get much traffic. You need to collect more data. Blacklist (pausing) the bad WebsiteIDs is probably the best option to continue collecting data.

The point of this course is basically to learn how to set everything up. You probably won't be able to get it profitable since the push payouts are so low these days, but still worth playing around with to learn how to do everything.

As you said, you had a bunch of issues in this first run. Worst case scenario is you lost around $5. I've had tracking issues where I spent $200 without realizing it :D
lol yeah, I lost a lot more than that in some tests. That's why I can't believe that with 5 dollars I get so much data, unlike Facebook for example.

BTW, I see all the conversions on Bemob.

Do you have a procedure to check out things or do you just go and pick something like Android versions and start seeing what's good and what's not?

Anyway to be sure I will spend another $5. Thanks a lot, mate!

So these are my results after tweaking one thing only. I saw that Smart_Push3 had the most conversions so I decided to go only with that one.
So instead of 67 conversions, I had 118 conversions.

Anyway, I didn't see anything TODAY that I could improve in the campaign. I was looking for something with at least 3 conversions.

So, I took ALL the information from YESTERDAY + TODAY and found some things:

1. One city had 40 clicks with 4 conversions.
2. One device model had 36 clicks with 3 conversions.
3. Another device had 49 clicks and 3 conversions.

I saw the post from @servandosilva here about how to know if it's worth it to keep working with a campaign and with these numbers... I don't think so lol.

Anyway, @Luke, if you can tell me what you think about my conclusions, It will be great.

Thanks!

1. One city had 40 clicks with 4 conversions.
2. One device model had 36 clicks with 3 conversions.
3. Another device had 49 clicks and 3 conversions.

I saw the post from @servandosilva here about how to know if it's worth it to keep working with a campaign and with these numbers... I don't think so lol.

Anyway, @Luke, if you can tell me what you think about my conclusions, It will be great.
Personally, I focus specifically on:

OS (Android/iOS/Windows/MacOS)
OS version
Browser
Browser version
Language
Connection
Carrier
Traffic Source variables
Landing Pages

Hello, I have implemented all the steps in this guide, but I don't know what I did wrong.

I deposited $10 and in my balance in popads it shows me the expense of $5 but in the campaign expenses it only says it was only 0.08 and that is reflected in the traffic I received.

The traffic was practically never without enough data to analyze anything.

I have inserted two image files, I hope you can help me to correct this.

Thank you

View attachment 27160
View attachment 27161
Hello, I have implemented all the steps in this guide, but I don't know what I did wrong.

I deposited $10 and in my balance in popads it shows me the expense of $5 but in the campaign expenses it only says it was only 0.08 and that is reflected in the traffic I received.

Thank you
It seems to me like your targeting filters have either low volume or your bids are way too low, and you're not winning any.

View attachment 27160
View attachment 27161

Thank you
Definitely need to try increasing your bid.

Thank you @Luke for providing this helpful beginner's guide ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™ I learned a lot of things, especially from the comments section, where the questions were frequently good and the answers were more useful to me.
In the end, my results were good; I didn't get back the money I spent on learning, but because of what I learned, I will ;).

Thank you @Luke for providing this helpful beginner's guide ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™ I learned a lot of things, especially from the comments section, where the questions were frequently good and the answers were more useful to me.
In the end, my results were good; I didn't get back the money I spent on learning, but because of what I learned, I will ;).View attachment 27720
Definitely a positive! Nice work ๐Ÿ‘

It seems to me like your targeting filters have either low volume or your bids are way too low, and you're not winning any.
Definitely need to try increasing your bid.
Hello, thank you for replying, I am on my third round, I have made the necessary adjustments.

This last $10 budget campaign is going well, but there is still a long way to go, it is very slow, however when I go deeper into the report there is an offer, a country and some website IDs that tell me that I can get good results.

My question is, if this campaign ends in green and continues to trend with those results, could I make those adjustments and raise the campaign budget to at least $50 and expect to get good results? or would that be too hasty?

I hope some suggestion or advice from either of you, Servando I follow you for years in your blogs, I also follow you on twitter in Spanish, I joined this forum because you recommended it in your list of tools, I was just waiting to have everything to start, really grateful to you and Luke I think starting alone in this world, would be a in and out in 5 minutes hahaha

Best regards!

Sorry for my English translator

This last $10 budget campaign is going well, but there is still a long way to go, it is very slow, however when I go deeper into the report there is an offer, a country and some website IDs that tell me that I can get good results.
The goal of this course is to teach you the process of getting to the exact point you've outlined here :)

My question is, if this campaign ends in green and continues to trend with those results, could I make those adjustments and raise the campaign budget to at least $50 and expect to get good results? or would that be too hasty?
You could. Typically, these campaigns get very low daily profit because you optimize down to little traffic. But, it's worth it for learning the strategy.

I hope some suggestion or advice from either of you, Servando I follow you for years in your blogs, I also follow you on twitter in Spanish, I joined this forum because you recommended it in your list of tools, I was just waiting to have everything to start, really grateful to you and Luke I think starting alone in this world, would be a in and out in 5 minutes hahaha
That is awesome. I am sure @servandosilva will be happy to read it :D