Should you use the back button script on your landing pages?

MGID

Do you use the back button javascript on your landing pages?

• Yes

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters

Luke

Admin
Staff Member
Community Leader
I've been running quite a few push notification campaigns lately with my own landing pages. Last month, I did not use the back button script on my best performing campaign and as I was analyzing the campaign after it died, I kept thinking about how I could have potentially squeeze quite a bit of revenue out of it with the back button.

So, I decided to add the back button script to a LP I've been promoting over the past few days.

On one campaign, I am seeing 25% of my LP visitors click the back button!
On another, it's quite a bit lower (like 5%).

But, the conversions are a nice addition :D

There's a lot of potential to monetize this traffic. I definitely recommend testing out the script with your LP. Create a separate flow and see how it compares to without it.

Here's the script I'm using:

JavaScript:
<script>
    ! function() {
    var t;
    try {
        const URL = window.location.href.split(/[#]/)[0];
        for (t = 0; 10 > t; ++t) history.pushState({}, "", URL + '#')
        onpopstate = function(event) {
            event.state && location.replace('https://yourclickurl');
        }
    } catch (o) {
        console.log(o);
    }
}();
</script>

Let me know how it goes for you πŸ‘

Adsterra
Depending on the traffic, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't :)

Will this script redirects the user from my Landing page to a different offer?? Or From the offer page to a different offer?

Depending on the traffic, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't :)
Do you mean depending on traffic type or traffic network? Can you please let us know specifically when do you use it and when you don't and why?
Thanks

Will this script redirects the user from my Landing page to a different offer?? Or From the offer page to a different offer?
It redirects them if they click the back button on the browser to whatever page you want to redirect them to.

Do you mean depending on traffic type or traffic network? Can you please let us know specifically when do you use it and when you don't and why?
Thanks
Depending on the traffic type, mostly. Some traffic sources don't allow you to hijack the browser's history.
It depends on how strict a traffic source is.

Thanks for the share. Wanted to test this out on some running campaigns. Tried adding it both to head and body (separately, hah), but seems not to be firing for me. :rolleyes:

IF a visitor click the back button where do we send them ...? Direct offer page/ Landing Page or any different offer page?
Up to you. Test and see what works best for your traffic.

Thanks....but if i take them to the different offer then do i need to take them directly lading page or offer page? What is the most commonly used...
In this case I'd just follow common sense.
If the offer is similar or in the same vertical you're promoting, I could send them direct linked.
If not, I need to use a landing page.

But it's better to test it because you want to know which gets you more ROI. Never assume anything :)

In this case I'd just follow common sense.
If the offer is similar or in the same vertical you're promoting, I could send them direct linked.
If not, I need to use a landing page.

But it's better to test it because you want to know which gets you more ROI. Never assume anything :)

Sorry for asking very basic questions.... Do I need to add a direct offer link or Bemob Click URL? If I use direct offer link then how do I track it in a tracker?

Sorry for asking very basic questions.... Do I need to add a direct offer link or Bemob Click URL? If I use direct offer link then how do I track it in a tracker?
I'd use a Click URL or a new campaign URL.
With a direct offer link you won't be able to track it so as you said, it's not recommended.

If you use a click URL you can set it up as a second offer. Trackers allow you to promote multiple offers from a single landing page (i.e. offer 1, offer 2, offer 3, etc.). Just check their tutorials.