• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • Registration is free and you can upgrade your membership anytime to view our premium content. We also have over 100 free Public threads.

Should you use the back button script on your landing pages?

Do you use the back button javascript on your landing pages?

• Yes

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

Luke

Admin
Staff member
I've been running quite a few push notification campaigns lately with my own landing pages. Last month, I did not use the back button script on my best performing campaign and as I was analyzing the campaign after it died, I kept thinking about how I could have potentially squeeze quite a bit of revenue out of it with the back button.

So, I decided to add the back button script to a LP I've been promoting over the past few days.

On one campaign, I am seeing 25% of my LP visitors click the back button!
On another, it's quite a bit lower (like 5%).

But, the conversions are a nice addition :D

1589908818576.png

There's a lot of potential to monetize this traffic. I definitely recommend testing out the script with your LP. Create a separate flow and see how it compares to without it.

Here's the script I'm using:

JavaScript:
<script>
    ! function() {
    var t;
    try {
        const URL = window.location.href.split(/[#]/)[0];
        for (t = 0; 10 > t; ++t) history.pushState({}, "", URL + '#')
        onpopstate = function(event) {
            event.state && location.replace('https://yourclickurl');
        }
    } catch (o) {
        console.log(o);
    }
}();
</script>
Let me know how it goes for you 👍

Will this script redirects the user from my Landing page to a different offer?? Or From the offer page to a different offer?

Luke

Admin
Staff member
Will this script redirects the user from my Landing page to a different offer?? Or From the offer page to a different offer?
It redirects them if they click the back button on the browser to whatever page you want to redirect them to.

bakbek

Thanks for the share. Wanted to test this out on some running campaigns. Tried adding it both to head and body (separately, hah), but seems not to be firing for me. :rolleyes: