• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • A scalable, affordable and effective tracker for professional marketers with an awesome FREE plan. Use the coupon AFFLIFT60 and get a free $60 credit.
    Try MaxConv Tracker

Follow Along SelfAdvertiser + Bemob + Mobipium (October Contest)

kaminari
Hi jairene

I checked your campaign out and I have a few suggestions that I think might help:
1. In campaigns of low budgets you reach your budget each day for the last few days. In this case, we always recommend lowering the bid to get more clicks for the same budget.
2. I see you opened both Optimizer and no optimizer campaigns. In the non-optimizer campaigns, I suggest pausing sources sooner - most of your paused sources spend more than twice your conv value.
3. Some campaigns have very low bid which doesn't allow them to buy almost any traffic, try to raise bids by about 20%, and see if that helps.
4. In your domain campaigns you can see win rate and understand competition better. On Domain KW campaigns you can also see potential traffic for the KW you set- and it will also help to understand whether you need to add more kw.

Let us know if you need any help :)

RollerAds
Hi jairene

I checked your campaign out and I have a few suggestions that I think might help:
1. In campaigns of low budgets you reach your budget each day for the last few days. In this case, we always recommend lowering the bid to get more clicks for the same budget.
2. I see you opened both Optimizer and no optimizer campaigns. In the non-optimizer campaigns, I suggest pausing sources sooner - most of your paused sources spend more than twice your conv value.
3. Some campaigns have very low bid which doesn't allow them to buy almost any traffic, try to raise bids by about 20%, and see if that helps.
4. In your domain campaigns you can see win rate and understand competition better. On Domain KW campaigns you can also see potential traffic for the KW you set- and it will also help to understand whether you need to add more kw.

Let us know if you need any help :)

That's great feedback, thank you!
I've actually been doing what you said regarding the non-optimizer campaigns.
I'm thinking of switching this campaign to pop traffic instead of domain redirect, I might get more traffic for the same keywords.

That's great feedback, thank you!
I've actually been doing what you said regarding the non-optimizer campaigns.
I'm thinking of switching this campaign to pop traffic instead of domain redirect, I might get more traffic for the same keywords.

Hi jairene

Domain has planty of volume with the right bids and KW targeting.
In your Domain KW campaign, are those your KW you pasted to the KW tool? or did you searched our available inventory?
We have a great KW tool for Domain traffic - https://support.selfadvertiser.com/...s/4466515-keyword-tool-for-domain-traffic-new

You can also check the tutorial Video, there is link right next to the KW tool-

Let me know if you have any questions :)

Hi jairene

Domain has planty of volume with the right bids and KW targeting.
In your Domain KW campaign, are those your KW you pasted to the KW tool? or did you searched our available inventory?
We have a great KW tool for Domain traffic - https://support.selfadvertiser.com/...s/4466515-keyword-tool-for-domain-traffic-new

You can also check the tutorial Video, there is link right next to the KW tool- View attachment 14426

Let me know if you have any questions :)

What I actually did was use very common words (individual words, not phrases) and added all of the results. It could be that there's little traffic for this keyword in my country and carrier of choice.

I have increased my bids and will continue to do so in the next few days to try and get more traffic.

What I actually did was use very common words (individual words, not phrases) and added all of the results. It could be that there's little traffic for this keyword in my country and carrier of choice.

I have increased my bids and will continue to do so in the next few days to try and get more traffic.1
Try also our KW tool with your top KW, you might be surprised on what we have :) good luck!

Now that the conversion tracking has been cleared, I can now move to the next steps of this follow along.
I will be focusing on campaigns that I create specifically for this follow-along.

UPDATE 1

My initial campaign using RON was not successful.
I have paused a lot of sources that sent traffic equal to the CPA of this offer, which is $0.25 but still did not get a single conversion.
It could be that this needs an LP, or the offer is a bomb.

Either way, this is how I test if an offer would work for me: I need to get at least one conversion using a direct link after spending x10 or x20 of the CPA in order to proceed. If the CPA is low, I go for x20. If the CPA is high, I go for x10. That's just my personal rule though ;)

Campaign #2
Not one to give up, I took a similar offer (from Mobipium still) and set up a new campaign in a different country.
Instead of RON, I went for Keyword Targeting. Also, I went for the Domain Redirect option.

The payout for this offer is $0.40 per conversion.

I have the Optimizer enabled, with the following metrics:

The Learning Budget per source is equal to the CPA goal, while the Max Optimizing Bid is 1.5 times the Max Learning Bid.
These are all recommended by SelfAdvertiser (except for the CPA goal and the Min Learning Bid).

I typed in my keywords on the Keyword Tool and added ALL resulting keywords.
I'd like to point out that I use REALLY common words (not phrases, and no brands or companies).

After 2 days of running this campaign, I only received a little over 100 impressions, which was pretty damn low.

It could be because:
  • The country I chose had little traffic for the keywords
  • There is little traffic for my mobile carrier of choice
  • There is not enough traffic for the combination of keywords and carrier from Domain Redirect traffic

Since I cannot remove the carrier limitation (it's an offer requirement), there are two things for me to do:
1. Add more keywords
2. Create a campaign using Pop traffic.

I did both.

I used their Keyword tool to add more keywords (I added ALL the results)

Then I created a Pop campaign for the same offer.

Campaign #3
This is a duplicate of Campaign #2, except that this one uses Pop traffic.
Again, this is keyword targeted and uses SelfAdvertiser's Optimizer.

As you will notice, the Min Learning Bid in this campaign is lower than what I set in Campaign #2. That's because I know for a fact that pop traffic has a whole lot more volume than domain redirect.

Added keywords again based on common words related to the offer.

I have a question for @SelfAdvertiser: is the traffic volume shown on monthly or daily basis? Thanks in advance for answering.

That's it for now!
Will post new updates a couple of days from now.

Attachments

• 1602923037667.png
    1602923037667.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 1602923388895.png
    1602923388895.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Hi
Now that the conversion tracking has been cleared, I can now move to the next steps of this follow along.
I will be focusing on campaigns that I create specifically for this follow-along.

UPDATE 1

My initial campaign using RON was not successful.
I have paused a lot of sources that sent traffic equal to the CPA of this offer, which is $0.25 but still did not get a single conversion.
It could be that this needs an LP, or the offer is a bomb.

Either way, this is how I test if an offer would work for me: I need to get at least one conversion using a direct link after spending x10 or x20 of the CPA in order to proceed. If the CPA is low, I go for x20. If the CPA is high, I go for x10. That's just my personal rule though ;)

View attachment 14499

Campaign #2
Not one to give up, I took a similar offer (from Mobipium still) and set up a new campaign in a different country.
Instead of RON, I went for Keyword Targeting. Also, I went for the Domain Redirect option.

The payout for this offer is $0.40 per conversion.

I have the Optimizer enabled, with the following metrics:
View attachment 14500

The Learning Budget per source is equal to the CPA goal, while the Max Optimizing Bid is 1.5 times the Max Learning Bid.
These are all recommended by SelfAdvertiser (except for the CPA goal and the Min Learning Bid).

I typed in my keywords on the Keyword Tool and added ALL resulting keywords.
I'd like to point out that I use REALLY common words (not phrases, and no brands or companies).

After 2 days of running this campaign, I only received a little over 100 impressions, which was pretty damn low.

View attachment 14504

It could be because:
  • The country I chose had little traffic for the keywords
  • There is little traffic for my mobile carrier of choice
  • There is not enough traffic for the combination of keywords and carrier from Domain Redirect traffic

Since I cannot remove the carrier limitation (it's an offer requirement), there are two things for me to do:
1. Add more keywords
2. Create a campaign using Pop traffic.

I did both.

I used their Keyword tool to add more keywords (I added ALL the results)

Then I created a Pop campaign for the same offer.

Campaign #3

View attachment 14503

As you will notice, the Min Learning Bid in this campaign is lower than what I set in Campaign #2. That's because I know for a fact that pop traffic has a whole lot more volume than domain redirect.

Added keywords again based on common words related to the offer.

View attachment 14505

I have a question for @SelfAdvertiser: is the traffic volume shown on monthly or daily basis? Thanks in advance for answering.

That's it for now!
Will post new updates a couple of days from now.

Hi jairene

Regarding volume on your Domain KW campaign- note that under the Keyword tab you can see "potential volume" for the KW on your targeting.
As you can see, since your min bid is low, your win rate is also not that high and that is the reason for the low volumes.

In all campaigns, min bid is fairly low, and if you want more volume "fast", try to increase it or let the optimizer increase it ( a process that takes 2 days at least).

Let me know if you have any more questions, good luck!

Campaign #3
Hi @jairene!
Are you using a prelander for this campaign? Any updates?
Looking forward for your results.

Hi

Hi jairene

Regarding volume on your Domain KW campaign- note that under the Keyword tab you can see "potential volume" for the KW on your targeting.
As you can see, since your min bid is low, your win rate is also not that high and that is the reason for the low volumes.
View attachment 14522
View attachment 14523

In all campaigns, min bid is fairly low, and if you want more volume "fast", try to increase it or let the optimizer increase it ( a process that takes 2 days at least).

Let me know if you have any more questions, good luck!

I am testing the Optimizer for these campaigns so I wanted to let the tech decide when to increase bids.
I started with a low min bid because I'm not yet familiar with your Optimizer and would like to see how it would adjust bids an optimize campaigns first 😁 don't want it to go too crazy, yes?

Hi @jairene!
Are you using a prelander for this campaign? Any updates?
Looking forward for your results.

I'm currently direct-linking.
I'll be posting an update today ;)

UPDATE 2

So it's been a few days since I set up Campaigns #2 and #3.
Here's the status is SelfAdvertiser.

Cost: $7.292
Revenue: $1.20
Profit: -$6.092
ROI -83.54%

Campaign #2
So Campaign #2 still has very little impressions. Let's dive deeper.

It's true there's enough traffic and I'm only getting a small portion.
I'm on Optimizer though, so I had hoped the tech would adjust the bid on its own. My mind bid is $0.0005 and max bid is $0.0009, but I noticed that the bids were stuck at $0.0005. Do I have to adjust the bids manually?

Since I want more traffic, I adjusted the min and max bid to almost double.

Campaign #3

Campaign #3 (pop-up traffic) received conversions.

Here's the status in SA.

I've blocked the first keyword in this list.

I've also adjusted the minimum and maximum learning bids, hoping to get more traffic.
Fingers-crossed I'll get more traffic and conversions with the adjustments I made.

Last edited:

jairene Hi!​

I think since bids are very low for pop and domain KW campaigns, it's worth raising the min bid to try and get more scale. It's currently on 0.005$ for pop and 0.0008$ for the domain.
As you can see your win rate is very low.

Thanks, I increased my bids now. I think $0.005 per view is a bit high for PPV though.

Anyway, I'm experiencing an issue.
I wanted to pause a specific keyword phrase.
However, when trying to block the exact match of the phrase (I used quotation marks to signify exact match), I get an error saying I should use only one word per line. I don't want to do that though since I still want to receive traffic from some of the words included in the phrase.

Thanks, I increased my bids now. I think $0.005 per view is a bit high for PPV though.

Anyway, I'm experiencing an issue.
I wanted to pause a specific keyword phrase.
However, when trying to block the exact match of the phrase (I used quotation marks to signify exact match), I get an error saying I should use only one word per line. I don't want to do that though since I still want to receive traffic from some of the words included in the phrase.

View attachment 14706
Not sure what you were trying to block and how
Do you want to send it to me via PM or Skype?

UPDATE 3

The increase in bids got me more traffic than before.
Let's see how this went.

Cost: $19.983
Revenue: $2.00
Profit: -$17.983
ROI -89.99%

Campaign #2
So I had a few more views from the domain redirect campaign, but still not much.
I have not spent much still, so the next step is to still increase bids. I'm not sure why the Optimizer isn't increasing the bids though since the highest I set is $0.0015. I was hoping the Optimizer will do it after several days.

Campaign #3
I had a couple more conversions, but oh my, did the ad spend swell up so much!

I was on -83.54% during Update 2, now I'm on -89.99%.
The difference is that a lot of sources have been optimized now (reduced to $0.0001)

Keywords
Here, I noticed that I made a mistake.

I thought I have removed the highest spending keyword phrase last Update, but it was apparently still in the Active Keywords list.
I have now double-checked and made sure that it's removed.
I couldn't block it, but I hope removing it from the Active Keywords would do the trick.

I did the same for all keywords that reached $0.50 but did not have one conversion.

Sources
I checked the sources to see if there's a common denominator, but the results are inconclusive.

Each conversion came from a different source, so I can't very well optimize this. I'll let the Optimizer take care of it.

Other Filters

I also checked the device OS that received the conversions through Bemob:

I noticed that iOS got 4k views but received no conversion, so I went back to SA to remove this device.

I also checked other filters (OS version, device, browsers, etc.), most of which are inconclusive, except for the ISP:

One ISP delivered more than 11k views with zero conversion.

I went over to SA to blacklist the ISP.

That's it for now!
I'm actually thinking of building a pre-lander for this one now. I'll let you know if I do ;)

Attachments

• 1603726207564.png
    1603726207564.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
UPDATE 4

Here's what we have so far:

Cost: $25.238
Revenue: $2.40
Profit: -$22.838
ROI -90.49%

Campaign #2
Still running.
I got a little more views than before, still not that great.
I increased my bids again today.

Campaign #3
As you might have noticed, I have paused this campaign.
This is because I have duplicated this campaign to create Campaign #4.
What is the difference? Well, I'll be using a landing page for this campaign.

Duplicating Campaign #3 allows me to carry over all *blocked* keywords, so I wouldn't have to manually do that. All my settings in Campaign #3 will be carried over to Campaign #4 as well.

Campaign #4
I'll be a little more detailed here. Some people might think using WordPress is better, but there are easier ways.
Using Wordpress for a pre-lander is not a good idea; your pages would load really slowly and it might hurt your conversion rates. Here's what I did for mine:

1. Landing Page
So first off, I needed a mobile landing page since my offer is a carrier billing.
My offer's landing page is in the theme of a DOWNLOAD.

I went over to Purelander to look for one such LP, and here's what I found:

I chose this lander because it's pretty straight to the point.
I just adjusted it to match the color of this page to my offer page.

Then I made two versions: one in English and another one in the local language (Arabic).
I checked and found that English is the second language of the country I am promoting to.
I made translations using Google Translate. You can also use onehourtranslation for better quality translation, though.

So I now have two landing pages.

Don't forget to change the button link to your tracker's Click URL, though, so that the clicks and conversions can still be tracked by your tracker. Here's how to do that if you're using Bemob >> Click URL Guide.

2. Upload Landing Page to Server

I logged in to my server's CPanel, then added a subdomain. I also made sure that SSL has been activated for this subdomain.
Then I went to File Manager.
I clicked on the subdomain folder, then uploaded all the files for the LP.

I then checked if the subdomain works and that my LP is displaying correctly.

3. Add the Landing Page to Bemob.
Then I went to Bemob to add my Landing Pages.
I just needed the full link for this.

Then I set-up a new campaign and added the landing pages.
Since they are two, I assigned equal weights.

4. Create Campaign #4 in SelfAdvertiser
I went to SA and duplicated Campaign #3.
The keyword blocked in that campaign was carried over, so that's good.
I then compiled all the optimized sources in Campaign #3 (all that's reduced to $0.00001 bid), then added them as blacklisted sources in the new campaign so that all the data gathered won't go to waste.

Finally, Campaign #4 is done!

I'll update in a few days to see how this new campaign is going.

Last edited:
okay this is all great.

One advice for the Arabic version: make sure you change the alignment from right to left (RTL), just select the text in the editor and click on the alignment button to do that.

Like this picture:

Oh yeah I totally forgot about that!

Lemme change that now.

Thanks!!

BTW, I forgot to mention that I followed @SelfAdvertiser's advice and increased bids.
So here's the setup in Campaign #4:

I have also increased Campaign #2 to the same bid level.

Last edited:
UPDATE 5

Here's the overall ad spend for the past 30 days.

The increase in Campaign #2's bids drove more views, but that increase still wasn't enough so paused it.

Campaign #4 received one conversion.
Cost: $9.00
Revenue: $0.40
Profit: -$8.60
ROI: -95%

Let's narrow down.

Here are the two landing pages:

So the Arabic one had the conversion, but just the one. So I will not pause the English LP because again, I need more data.

My CTR for both LPs are about the same: 11%

Is that a good enough CTR for mobile traffic? I haven't worked around mobile PPV much before. What do you guys think?

PS. Even if the contest is over, I'll still be updating this thread on the progress.

Attachments

• 1604934616166.png
    1604934616166.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 213