• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • MaxWeb is one of the best affiliate networks in the world, representing some of the top advertisers in the industry. Get access to the top converting offers!
    Join MaxWeb Today

Follow Along Revcontent RON + VSL Let's do this 🚀

Adsterra
Update
In the past week since posting I've been playing with a whitelist, I have spent a lot now across vCPM + CPC RON and I thought whitelisting from all that data would work well. But it kinda doesn't. vCPM widgets don't perform the same on cpc whitelist, some don't even get traffic (even with high bids)
I'm still running everything even during the holidays because it's still worth building up the blacklist. Maybe I need a new offer/campaign to grow the blacklist whilst losing less? Which is possible seeing how @zefron started already breaking even (smaller data so far) but that would mean growing a blacklist and losing a lot less/breaking even, rather than the thousands I'm losing here (which I don't mind, as long it's usable info/data)

Maybe I'm being a bit stubborn wanting to "make" this campaign work, but I have a gut feeling the blacklist needs to be a lot larger in order for this to be profitable.

What do you think?
Should I focus on improving the funnel, running more split tests and try to improve the ROI?
Should I pause this campaign/niche and look for something else with better ROI off the bat, but come back to this one in future? With a bigger blacklist/whitelist?

I've stuck with this one niche/campaign since I started around 7th September. And to be honest, I haven't ran (many) split tests with landers, always creatives. I've learnt a ton about how this source works which is priceless knowledge of course. I'm just wondering if I'm beating a dead horse with this niche/campaign....

Total overall:

Total vCPM:

Total CPC RON:
This cost might be slightly off.

Total CPC Whitelist:

@Varun @JonathanB @Nick @Luke @sd31677

Last edited:
OpenAFF is the first technology affiliate network
Should I pause this campaign/niche and look for something else with better ROI off the bat, but come back to this one in future? With a bigger blacklist/whitelist?
I don't know :poop: compared to you guys, but this seems like a reasonable solution...

You're not giving up, just stepping back to get a better perspective. (y)

Update
In the past week since posting I've been playing with a whitelist, I have spent a lot now across vCPM + CPC RON and I thought whitelisting from all that data would work well. But it kinda doesn't. vCPM widgets don't perform the same on cpc whitelist, some don't even get traffic (even with high bids)
I'm still running everything even during the holidays because it's still worth building up the blacklist. Maybe I need a new offer/campaign to grow the blacklist whilst losing less? Which is possible seeing how @zefron started already breaking even (smaller data so far) but that would mean growing a blacklist and losing a lot less/breaking even, rather than the thousands I'm losing here (which I don't mind, as long it's usable info/data)

Maybe I'm being a bit stubborn wanting to "make" this campaign work, but I have a gut feeling the blacklist needs to be a lot larger in order for this to be profitable.

What do you think?
Should I focus on improving the funnel, running more split tests and try to improve the ROI?

I've stuck with this one niche/campaign since I started around 7th September. And to be honest, I haven't ran (many) split tests with landers, always creatives. I've learnt a ton about how this source works which is priceless knowledge of course. I'm just wondering if I'm beating a dead horse with this niche/campaign....

Total overall:
View attachment 33451

Total vCPM:
View attachment 33452

Total CPC RON:
View attachment 33453 This cost might be slightly off.

Total CPC Whitelist:
View attachment 33454

@Varun @JonathanB @Nick @Luke @sd31677

Hey @Anth

I only saw this post accidentally, even though I'm tagged. @Luke do you know why the forum software doesn't "ping" me when I'm tagged? I have all the settings that should allow that. Would be great to always find a post like this :)

Regarding your campaign questions:

It's a tough nut tbh ^^ With that ad spend, I would have liked to see a much clearer/more obvious (positive) direction for the campaign. But looking at all other screenshots, it seems a bit stuck, no matter how much you BL or spend.

That said, I don't know enough about Revcontent, but I'm happy to share my thoughts, questions, and experience from other native sources, and hope there is some value in that :)

What do you think?

If you want to dedicate another $1-2k for split testing landers, do that systematically. It's always worth testing. If you can find a lander with 2-3x higher EPCs, you might make a significant ROI jump without having to BL new sources...

But if you spend another 1-2k and nothing changes/improves, and you can't find a much better lander, you might want to consider this:

I love the "better ROI off the bat" campaigns much better. In my still limited experience so far, I feel like a campaign either works right away or doesn't. I'm obviously not expecting that it's profitable right away, but a "winning campaign" always "felt easier" and made progress much faster/cheaper.

As we are entering the Weight Loss Season, I would consider pausing this one here (or reducing spend), taking your budget and experience and riding the coming Weight Loss wave. And then come back to this campaign if you want.

Additionally, for my own native ad campaigns I noticed:

I had significant ROI losses around Black Friday/Cyber Monday due to higher competition (and different buyer behavior) and the same around Christmas. I feel like ANY blacklist from around that time would be somewhat incorrect, simply because the campaigns perform differently overall during those times. Publisher XYZ might be a good one in Jan/Feb and maybe you blacklisted it now because it spent 3x during Black Friday when no one cared about your offer/vertical.

So...maybe you want to ride the Weigh Loss waves for the next few weeks. Demand will skyrocket and hopefully, this will make your next campaign much better "off the bat".

it seems a bit stuck
Yes I agree, that's the way it feels for sure. I think lander tests are the last part of this puzzle and if the ROI doesn't improve then I agree, I'll look for better offers/niches.
but a "winning campaign" always "felt easier"
100% I used to say this in the past and kind of forgotten about how easy it feels when a campaign is a winner. Thanks!
So...maybe you want to ride the Weigh Loss waves for the next few weeks. Demand will skyrocket and hopefully, this will make your next campaign much better "off the bat".
Yep, it sounds exciting for sure and demand will definitely be higher than for my current niche.
Thanks for your post @JonathanB it makes total sense, and it's nice to hear, even if some things I already knew - it's easy to forget or not stick to what we know, with having tunnel vision :LOL:
I think I will test new landers over the coming days, but also prepare a new niche for new year and try and get a piece of that pie and hopefully begin with better ROI 🚀

Update

I haven't posted much since nothing has changed, I've still been testing and playing around with things and still learning more each day.

Yesterday stats on Mobile RON + Desktop Whitelist:

Looking much better. I believe from now on I will see much better progress.

Today (so far) - My first $1k day on Native!
There's still plenty time to go, today. But here's what I'm seeing so far:

Exciting times to come! This is what happens when you never give up! 🚀 🥳

Now I just need to make back all the previous losses and we're sweet :ROFLMAO:

Haha, jokes aside. Spending what I have has learned me a whole lot about what works and how on this source 💪

Today's budget spent:
View attachment 31273

Looking good. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I am going to leave everything alone, unless something MUST be paused/blocked etc.

A mistake I recently made.. I thought a creative was a winner, when it may turn out not to be. Maybe I judged too fast on that one, then wondered why it all went south.

A new one had 5 ATC's today and 1 sale, whereas the "winner" (I thought it was) had 0 ATC's and it didn't even spend much..

I guess I will let this run.. I will update in a few days, or sooner if anything happens :)
Hello Anth

How did you set up the conversion event for your Add to cart, did AM at Maxweb set it up for you?

Update

Yesterday was 🔥 and I kept increasing the budget after each conversion in order to buy more data and blacklist faster.

I could of easy kept it at $600+ profit, but right now profit is not my goal (well, it's nice) but having a larger blacklist appeals to me more for the long term and it hopefully means that more days like this happen easier with more trash widgets gone.

Each day the blacklist grows, the next day starts better with less trash.

Excited now, gonna dig into this data and see how it looks 🥳

Nice job @Anth. So what would you say turned this around? Testing new landers? That was going to be my suggestion when you asked above, but I just couldn't get to a computer to type up my reply with the holidays and moving at the same time 😅. Sorry about that.

Nice job @Anth. So what would you say turned this around? Testing new landers? That was going to be my suggestion when you asked above, but I just couldn't get to a computer to type up my reply with the holidays and moving at the same time 😅. Sorry about that.
Good question, didn't realise I didn't really mention it haha!

I took my WL/BL to a new vertical mate and it started seeing better results :)

So although the first vertical didn't really show any success, it did gather good data on blacklists/whitelists that can be used on other similar topics within health.

No worries it's all good! 💪

Damn, moving around that time of year, I can imagine it must of been hectic :LOL:

Update

Yesterday was 🔥 and I kept increasing the budget after each conversion in order to buy more data and blacklist faster.

View attachment 33793

I could of easy kept it at $600+ profit, but right now profit is not my goal (well, it's nice) but having a larger blacklist appeals to me more for the long term and it hopefully means that more days like this happen easier with more trash widgets gone.

Each day the blacklist grows, the next day starts better with less trash.

Excited now, gonna dig into this data and see how it looks 🥳

Yesterday

Still looking great, managed to block 78 trash widgets yesterday alone and the blacklist is growing very nicely, I'm glad the revenue is now keeping up with the spend! Much better seeing this compared to the first campaign losses whilst growing blacklist.

Another day looking awesome so far 🔥

Still plenty of time to go, I could easily pause this and keep the $600 profit, but I'm not, I'm gonna keep letting the budget increase and spend cleaning up more trash widgets!

From now on, I guess I'll just post milestones since not much changes. But if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

To the moon! 🚀

Last edited:
Nice progress! Glad you switched the vertical for now. It's high season and your stats are proof 🚀

Another day looking awesome so far 🔥

View attachment 33843

Still plenty of time to go, I could easily pause this and keep the $600 profit, but I'm not, I'm gonna keep letting the budget increase and spend cleaning up more trash widgets!

From now on, I guess I'll just post milestones since not much changes. But if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

To the moon! 🚀
Congratulations Anth, keep it up and you're sure to make a bigger profit!

How many blacklists do you build per day now?

Nice progress! Glad you switched the vertical for now. It's high season and your stats are proof 🚀
Yes same here, I was clearly beating a dead horse and what you said previously made me realise it. Now that Q4 is over, a lot of big companies have gone for now so it's a bit cheaper too!

Congratulations Anth, keep it up and you're sure to make a bigger profit!

How many blacklists do you build per day now?
Thanks! Yeah hopefully! :) I build just one with all the trash widgets

My help, Nick! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Haha :LOL: I guess there's a lot of variables involved in why I seen a quick turnaround when switching verticals, main one being I spent 17k or so building a blacklist, so when that was used on a better campaign it's been good from the get go, plus it's Q1 🔥