Follow Along Revcontent RON + VSL Let's do this πŸš€

CrakRevenue
All good man, was just wondering. I'm about to start on RC as well with a MaxWeb offer. I've run on Native for some years, just not these kinds of offers. Wishing you continued profits.

Nicee, and thank you! You too, good luck! 🍻

kaminari
Update #4 - PROFITS!

Update #5
Weekends are proving to not be as good as during the week for this campaign. I narrowed down to the best creative and just had 1 sale over the weekend. Also today (Monday) budget has spent already and had 0 sales. I think the budget spending so fast now might be an indicator of bidding too high.

Here's Saturday, Sunday + Monday since the budget has spent already today:

Nothing major changed, possibly bidding too high on my best widgets and I might consider not running this campaign on weekends.

See how it goes over this week when I fix bids!
I hit a bug/error the other day because all of a sudden ALL of my bids changed to 0.87 after having everything working perfectly and going well, maybe it could be that too (I couldn't remember all of my bids off the top of my head)

Annoying, but it is what it is. Not giving up! πŸš€

Edit: My clicks today are half of what they were before the bids messed up, definitely more expensive and probably the reason for worse stats. I'll try and get all bids back to how they were if I can and take it from there.

Anyone else had revcontent bids change like that?

Last edited:
I pause my campaign on Friday and Saturday. Might re-test them later but with my data now, weekends are not good at all.

What is your overall bid? I haven't encountered such bid change like you described. Maybe ask your AM and see if they can trace back your old bid?

I pause my campaign on Friday and Saturday. Might re-test them later but with my data now, weekends are not good at all.

What is your overall bid? I haven't encountered such bid change like you described. Maybe ask your AM and see if they can trace back your old bid?

Yeah starting to see the same pattern, whether or not we're bidding high enough on weekends to get the good traffic idk.
Overall the bid is like $3.75 as it's vCPM. But the set campaign bid didn't matter really since I had manually changed all to kind of a sweet spot. Gonna be working on getting back to that sweet spot today when it starts!

Update #6 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)

Still paying too much per click which is why the stats are the way they are right now. Not sure why vCTR% has lowered on the best creative, possibly since bids messed up now my positions are different on good widgets.
I've been getting the bids back to how they were (I think) in future when I feel like bids are good I will be making backups for sure.

Up to now, at least I know the following:
The offer converts
The lander converts (thinking of split testing with another)
I have the best headlines (out of all I have tested)
So ultimately I think it's the bids/positions I'm showing at.

Once I feel they're at the sweet spot again I'll see how it goes and consider starting to increase budget for less fluctuation and faster data gathering.

What's you take on CPC vs. vCPM? What are the pros and cons for each model?

What's you take on CPC vs. vCPM? What are the pros and cons for each model?

vCPM:
Less widgets, has a ceiling on scale, cpc depends on vCTR% which can be cheap or expensive (better vCTR = lower cpc, lower vCTR = higher cpc)

CPC:
Huge inventory of widgets, good for massive scale once working, cpc is fixed at your price, lots of bad widgets and also lots of good.

I'm aiming for a steady $300-$500 profit per day on this vCPM (if that's possible?), when I achieve that, I'll know what to take back to CPC campaign knowing what works and that I can cut widgets that "aren't compatible" with funnel etc I guess :)

Still learning of course! But that's my opinion on the two types (y)

Reactions: Wei
Update #7 - A bit confused..
Today isn't over yet, but I can just sense that something is off. I have got back to what seems like good bids on my best creatives on good widgets, I'm just getting zero ATC's/Sales. The traffic is coming in and the lander ctr% is good but here's today/yesterday:

Today (not over yet)

Yesterday

Yes.. It's small spend, BUT I'm not seeing anyone adding to cart at all which is weird.

I have reached out to my AM to ensure all is well on the offer side, because this has me confused!
I'm getting good traffic on my best creatives, from good widgets.. so not sure what the problem could be.

Anyone have any ideas?

429 clicks, 0 carts, 0 sales. (conversions in revcontent are add to carts)

I'm not gonna touch anything, it's possible there are no problems at all and it's just a slow couple of days I guess.. So I wouldn't wanna blame parts of the campaign if it turns out it was all fine, then things get messy :ROFLMAO:

Since I've still had nobody add to cart, I have reached out to my AM at maxweb, and whilst I wait for a reply I have added another offer.
Something definitely isn't right and I believe it's not my end.

Top line is today, not over yet. Still no sales or ATC's with 631 clicks which is definitely odd.

See how this new offer goes while waiting for a reply!

I was right, must be something up with the offer! After switching yesterday more than halfway through the daily budget, I instantly got a sale on the new offer:

Curious to see what the AM says on Monday.
I'm so glad I didn't start overthinking or blaming parts of the funnel, things could have gotten messy!

I wonder why the best offer has just stopped showing ATC's / Sales?

On the plus side, I'm definitely improving/learning. Knowing my funnel and traffic from widgets is good, feels great!

Last edited:
Update #8 - Summary of campaigns so far..

Totals since starting, this includes cpc ron, bad tests, finding or blocking widgets, making mistakes etc:

vCPM since starting (which I like the most so far):

This got worse just over the last few days since there must be a problem with the offer.

I don't class these losses as bad because I have learned soooo much about this platform, made many mistakes etc.
Believe it or not, but I prefer it to happen this way.. why? Because if I stumbled on a profitable campaign, I wouldn't understand why/how it's profitable. I want to learn how to make campaigns profitable.

Some of the biggest things I've learned are:
Learning what happens when X is changed, taking notes of what changes have the most impact, or which are more important, and could overall turn the campaign around etc. Some changes are not worth it, where as some have a huge impact. Testing one thing at a time, as for any marketing campaign this still applies so we know which change is directly responsible for the outcome.

I'm obviously still learning this source, and still continuing with the FA even after the competition ends. I won't stop until this is overall profitable and I will get there 100%
Don't forget, if anyone has any questions just fire away, I don't bite! :ROFLMAO: 🍻

Hopefully I can get to the bottom of the problem with the offer the past few days, my AM will reply tomorrow most likely. That new offer hasn't converted today (yet, there's still time) but I have more solid data on the other..

Overall, watch this space, it will be raining green in the near future.. not a single doubt about it ;)

Definitely seems like something is up with the old offer. Hopefully they get back to you that tracking was messed up but they're importing a bunch of conversions for you :)

Definitely seems like something is up with the old offer. Hopefully they get back to you that tracking was messed up but they're importing a bunch of conversions for you :)

Yeah I wish that was the case, she told me everything was fine with the offer πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

I doubt it, but oh well. I'm running the new one and got another sale today so it looks good too, meaning my funnel is also good then :)
So now, without changing anything else, I will be split testing the offers!

Out of the blue, Revcontent just denied my best creative.

It's been running weeks and was approved with the new team, annoying when shit like this happens, now it's halfway through the day and not sure that would be re-activated in time to get more data on it today.

Here's today so far though, looking better! I actually also got a delayed sale from one of the bad days, which is good. Hopefully more delayed sales come in!

PROFIT

Update #9 - Best creative re-approved...

After looking at my creative & lander congruency, one simple word caused it to be denied whilst running weeks. I changed the word and it was approved again.
Today has spent it's budget, if you remember.. when the campaign gets two sales it will increase the budget to $150 (protecting losses whilst aiming to gather more data).

Just one sale today, so it didn't increase and spend more. Interesting however, how it's the new offer that got the sale.

The plan for the next few days is to touch nothing whilst I let these two offers compete, once I have some significant data of the best I will cut down to just that.

Curious to see which offer will be the winner whilst keeping the funnel untouched, and not touching bids or anything too!

Update #10 - Not as planned....
In my last post, I was leaving everything alone so 2 offers could compete against eachother. This has not gone to plan, because for some reason, my best creative is not getting a good vCTR% anymore.

What does that mean?
My costs have risen almost double, so I get half of the clicks I did before. Now I did just leave it alone to see if it would change the following day(s) and it's not.

Last 3 days:

What am I going to do now?
I am going to be testing new images, to try and increase the vCTR% to get more traffic for cheaper. I will keep the headline, since I believe the image catches attention but the headline impacts conversion. (Might not be true, but it's the way I see it)

It's a shame, because I'm kind of in the middle of an offer test, and I don't want to test more than one thing at a time. So that means I will be keeping the control offer (original best, it's proven to convert) and leave the offer testing until after I find a better vCTR% creative.

Stepping stones guys, each little setback is one step closer to massive profits! I'm not affected whatsoever, I am in this for the long run and I WILL succeed! πŸš€

P.S If any of you have learned anything or enjoyed following this journey I'd appreciate it if you could vote for me in the contest: VOTE HERE πŸ₯³

Last edited: