Case Study Quick 100% ROI This Weekend - Monetizer + PropellerAds

OpenAFF is the first technology affiliate network

Luke

Admin
Staff Member
Community Leader
On Friday, I found a nice winning campaign that produced $50 in profit (100% ROI) over the weekend for me:

In this quick case study, I want to show you how I found the offer and why I thought it would be a winner.

Monetizer Insights

You likely already know, but if not, I love Monetizer. I am a huge fan of their platform for a few reasons, but the biggest is probably the most important: their offers convert.

There are downsides to Monetizer. The offers go up and down often. The smart fallback will sometimes rotate offers you would rather it didn't. However, Monetizer is constantly working to improve their platform and below I'll explain my process for trying to make sure the offers I want getting traffic are the ones getting traffic :)

One big benefit to using Monetizer besides that their offers convert is that they have a ton of realtime data available for you. This is their Monetizer Insights and it's the best tool you can use to find good performing offers to test.

Monetizer lists the top performing offers in their Marketplace, but I prefer to use the Insights section and specifically the Inspire list :)

Here is a screenshot of how I find winning segments of traffic to test (and how I found the winner on Friday).

Since I like to run Android traffic on PropellerAds pops, I filter for mainstream landing pages (offers) for Android and Monetizer gives me a big list of the top performing carriers. I click on eCPM and Monetizer gives me the average cCPM (RPM) for the countries/carriers.

The top few are outliers because there's not enough clicks to have any statistic significance, but as you go down, you will find some more promising looking segments. For example, ES MOVISTAR and OM OMANTEL both look nice (I am already running both). OM OMANTEL is the segment I found on Friday. The offer I ran is now actually one of the top 25 in the Marketplace, but it wasn't then ;)

HOW TO FIND THE OFFERS IN THE MARKETPLACE

Finding the offers to test is pretty simple. Click on Smartlink Offers in the Marketplace and then filter by Country (OM = Oman) and Vertical (Mainstream Mobile = #mainstream Android).

Monetizer will return their top offers for you. Look for the offer that allows the 3G traffic from the carrier listed in Inspire.

I recommend selecting the Smart Fallback. However, you can setup your Monetizer link so that it focuses on specific offers. By default, when you click Get Link to create a link for an offer using the form shown above, Monetizer will focus on that particular offer and then the Smart Fallback is used for visitors that don't fall within the criteria for that offer (for example, WiFi traffic or traffic from a different carrier).

You can see a breakdown of what offers your traffic is being sent to in your Leagues by clicking on the Chart:

Click on Offer and then Leads to see a breakdown of what offers are performing best (and generating leads) for you:

The PushRevShare was a nice bonus on this offer. I had not chosen to use the Push Optimised Lander and the main offer was already profitable so PushRevShare is just a nice bonus from Monetizer :D

Let's say I wanted to add that 3rd offer on the list with 3 conversion to my rotation so it gets more traffic. Under Campaigns in your Monetizer menu, click on Manage Links. Click on the Edit button (first button on the left) next to your Link Name.

Scroll down the form until you find Offer Targeting. When you select offers to target, Monetizer focuses on those and sends them a majority of your traffic. Again, it'll only use the Smartlink Fallback when it cannot send traffic to the offers you have chosen.

If you want to send traffic to specific offers, you need to select the Country that offer is for first. So, I could not send traffic specifically to #f65766 until I had selected Oman as the country.

Monetizer has a very powerful platform and some really great performing offers. The trick is you have to find them and of course, that's easier if you know where to look ;)

Not every campaign will be a winner, but I have been finding more and more winners from Monetizer when combined with pop traffic from PropellerAds. You might want to give it a shot ๐Ÿ‘

Adsterra
Nice Case study luke, inspiring .
I have been finding more and more winners from Monetizer when combined with pop traffic from PropellerAds. You might want to give it a shot
I should give a try :) and send my case study :)

Nice Case study luke, inspiring .

I should give a try :) and send my case study :)
Thanks. I do expect this campaign to be not profitable very quickly with the increase in advertisers on PropellerAds targeting this exact same campaign, but the process is the most important part :D

Just a heads up for those of you who may be testing the Oman offer:

I assume this will go back live again later today. It was paused over the weekend once as well.

Newbie question Luke, are you direct linking, or are you sending them to a landing page on a domain you own?

I am direct linking. I typically direct link all smartlinks I promote rather than creating a LP. They perform well enough without a custom LP ๐Ÿ‘
Much appreciated, I'm going to give it a try, thanks again for all you do!

This is great. I am going to give it a try.

Another thing, what I understand that we need to Add Domain in order to work with Monetizer. Me someone who is technical unsound.. I wanted to clear that I can just buy any domain using namecheap? Should it be .com types domain only? And how to setup subdomain? Also, do I need to have hosting server also to run monetizer offer?

Sorry for such basic doubts but if someone can clear that for me then it would be great! If someone has done some guide/video on this domain thing then please do share that too

Last edited by a moderator:
Me someone who is technical unsound.. I wanted to clear that I can just buy any domain using namecheap? Should it be .com types domain only? And how to setup subdomain? Also, do I need to have hosting server also to run monetizer offer?
Yeah, you can get your domain with namecheap and it can be any TLD, not just .com.
As for how to set it up, monetizer has a guide when you click in the add domain menu with screenshots and all.

You don't need a server.

Just a heads up for those of you who may be testing the Oman offer:

View attachment 6686

I assume this will go back live again later today. It was paused over the weekend once as well.

I have one performing offer that use to say this.. dont actually know the meaning..

Also there is an offer too most times in the day the offer will automatically stop receiving conversions but the offer is still on in monetizer. Also it has unlimited cap. so what might actually be wrong why the offer just stop receiving conversions..?

I have one performing offer that use to say this.. dont actually know the meaning..

Also there is an offer too most times in the day the offer will automatically stop receiving conversions but the offer is still on in monetizer. Also it has unlimited cap. so what might actually be wrong why the offer just stop receiving conversions..?
Outage means the offer was converting before but not anymore. It can be because of any reason like offer reached cap so stopped converting (but advertizer has not set any cap and offer is still on monetizer) or might be because the offer is down but the advertizer hasn't paused yet.

I bought domain and then did how the guide says.. but when I tested my offer subdomain on my Indian IP, I get following message

Post this it re-directs to some offer which is suitable for India.

Is it normal to have this message before re-directing to another offer?

Also, do I need to have SSL certificate? Is it important?

I bought domain and then did how the guide says.. but when I tested my offer subdomain on my Indian IP, I get following message

Post this it re-directs to some offer which is suitable for India.

Is it normal to have this message before re-directing to another offer?

Also, do I need to have SSL certificate? Is it important?

Unsure why you get this message. Do you have the smartlink fallback activated?

SSL should automatically get applied to your domain after 12 - 24 hours.

When I created the offer that I time I had activated it. Also, do I need to always create different sub-domain for different offers?

I'm unsure why you get that error. The "tip" in the screenshot makes it seem like the smartlink fallback might not be enabled. I get the same error if I visit your domain, but I'm not accessing the link from India. Double check your link settings. If the fallback is indeed on I'd reach out to @Monetizer support and I'm sure they can help you.

Regarding the sub domains... no, you can use the same subdomain for all of your offers. You'll just generate a new link in the dashboard, which will use the same sub domain you have right now.

16.25% ROI

3/27 - today so far :)
16049 clicks
152 conversions
$28.74 spent
$38 earned
24.34% ROI

I did some manual day parting yesterday that has helped boost the ROI. I'll be adding that into the optimizer too eventually. My goal ROI for this campaign currently set in the optimizer is 30% so I'm pretty close.
When I created the offer that I time I had activated it. Also, do I need to always create different sub-domain for different offers?

no only once.
the message that you get I guess because you choose offer for X country but you try to access it from your country. As others told you try to use smartlink wich fit the offer for the coutry / browser of the visitor is.

I'm unsure why you get that error. The "tip" in the screenshot makes it seem like the smartlink fallback might not be enabled. I get the same error if I visit your domain, but I'm not accessing the link from India. Double check your link settings. If the fallback is indeed on I'd reach out to @Monetizer support and I'm sure they can help you.

Just checked in 'manage links' section. it is on. PFB the screenshot

Also, can you guide me how I can get the offer link once I have created it? I am not able to find it in 'manage link' section. (complete offer url with all monetizer paramters/tokens)

Regarding the sub domains... no, you can use the same subdomain for all of your offers. You'll just generate a new link in the dashboard, which will use the same sub domain you have right now.

Then how does Monetizer knows which offer to show if the same sub-domain is used for creating different offers but from same Geo? (Sorry if this question is stupid but I had to ask)

I'm really unsure why you're getting that message when you visit your link. This is the first time I've seen it. I'd ask Monetizer support.

You can find your link by doing this:
  • In the menu on the left go to "Campaigns > Manage Links"
  • Click the pencil looking icon by the name of the link you want
  • At the top of the page there should be a green box that says "Show Promotion Methods". Click it.
  • You should see your link now. I usually use the direct link dropdown.
The 'utm_medium' value changes in each link you create (it's usually a long string of random numbers and letters). The different values will send the visitor to different campaigns.