Modifying Voluum Postback for PropellerAds CPA Goal Campaigns

MGID

Luke

Admin
Staff Member
Community Leader
Alright, so I decided to try something today. I took a campaign that is performing well on Advertizer CPA (thanks for the guide and motivation, @jimmyvanilla) and decided to setup it as a CPA Goal on PropellerAds.

For some reason, I never thought to update my Voluum postback to make it so the full conversion value isn't being sent to PropellerAds. It was actually very easy to do with Voluum:

1600286916431-png.13861

Copy your default postback (will need to edit your Traffic Source to find this) and then paste it as a unique postback for the campaign. Change the payout variable ${PAYOUT} to the payout you want PropellerAds to think you are getting.

For example, this offer pays $0.20. Instead of passing $0.20 and letting PropellerAds optimize knowing that, I pass them $0.15.

I setup 2 campaigns to test this out:

Main campaign:
Offer payout: $0.20
Postback: $0.20
CPA Goal: $0.15

Tricky campaign:
Offer payout: $0.20
Postback: $0.15
CPA Goal: $0.10

The results after some spending are interesting:

1600286685395-png.13860

The conversion rate on the main campaign (bottom) is twice as much. It has a better ROI too. Even with a higher CPM.

I am going

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!