Interview with a Pro Affiliate: Servando Silva

CrakRevenue
MGID
I hired some people who wanted to learn and get a proper salary for their first job. Once trained locally they started working in their home and we just talk via Skype/FB to arrange things.
Lol I joined late here! Anyway I am I've sign-up in your learning program, I've been learning a lot since I join. TY Man, and if you need a tech-guy in the future to partner with, lmk!

Cheers!.

Hi Servando, what kind of offers you promote thesedays and see best success ? Have you ever tried mobile subscriptions ?

Hi Servando, what kind of offers you promote thesedays and see best success ? Have you ever tried mobile subscriptions ?
I got started with mobile content several years ago. It's one of the first verticals I made money with.

Nowadays we're focused on lead gen offers mostly, within different verticals like sweeps, finance, gambling, etc.

Hello Servando,

Good to have you here. I have some questions.
  1. Where do you build your landers ? Do you use any software to build them fast and easy (like drag drop landing page builder)? Or do you rip and change things at your own will?
  2. Do you run only mobile offers, or also desktop offers?
  3. Do you host your landing pages in a CDN ? When you have PHP code in your landers, what is the alternative?
  4. Are you also into app promotion? Is the approach very different, comparing it to a lead gen offer for example?
Thanks

Hello Servando,

Good to have you here. I have some questions.
  1. Where do you build your landers ? Do you use any software to build them fast and easy (like drag drop landing page builder)? Or do you rip and change things at your own will?
  2. Do you run only mobile offers, or also desktop offers?
  3. Do you host your landing pages in a CDN ? When you have PHP code in your landers, what is the alternative?
  4. Are you also into app promotion? Is the approach very different, comparing it to a lead gen offer for example?
Thanks

Hi man.

1. I normally rip them and modify them with an HTML editor (someone helps me sometimes).
2. Both
3. No, I host them in vPS close to the location where I'm buying traffic using the guide linked in my signature. This has proven to perform better for me than CDNs, plus I can use SSLs easily.
4. Not much anymore. The approach was similar, it's just there aren't as many apps as it used to a few years ago. Most apps have KPIs now so you need to work on your angles or promote things like games, etc.

Whats your average ROI on sweeps ?
Do you promote other than tier1 countries ?

Thanks

Whats your average ROI on sweeps ?
Do you promote other than tier1 countries ?

Thanks
We promote in whatever countries the sweeps are hots. Many times in tier 2 and tier 3 countries it's easier to get ROI.

As for average ROI, lately just like 20-50% after optimizing.

What a rare opportunity to ask an expert like you, @servandosilva

My question is, if you have to start over ...
  1. What verticals will you work on?
  2. Which affiliate network will you work with?
  3. What tracker will you use?
  4. On which ad networks will you buy traffic?
  5. And what type of ads will you buy?

Hey!
The questions are definitely interesting and I'm not sure how I'd answer some of them. Assuming I got the knowledge I have now but just starting with a few thousand bucks under my belt.

1. Sweeps, Downloads, Gambling, Mobile Content, Dating
2. Depending on the vertical I'd sign up with 2-3 networks to have a wide variety of offers
3. I'd try to use Voluum as I prefer cloud hosted solutions. If budget was too tight I'd start with Bemob's free plan and then switch.
4. First I'd decide which type of traffic I'd want to run according to my budget. Then I'd ask for the top 2 recommended networks and sign up there not to spread my money into many networks.
5. Starting with pops is the best way to learn, but I'm not sure what I'd choose at this point TBH.

Thanks for bumping this old thread. Definitely worth a read for new members! :D

Hey!
The questions are definitely interesting and I'm not sure how I'd answer some of them. Assuming I got the knowledge I have now but just starting with a few thousand bucks under my belt.

1. Sweeps, Downloads, Gambling, Mobile Content, Dating
2. Depending on the vertical I'd sign up with 2-3 networks to have a wide variety of offers
3. I'd try to use Voluum as I prefer cloud hosted solutions. If budget was too tight I'd start with Bemob's free plan and then switch.
4. First I'd decide which type of traffic I'd want to run according to my budget. Then I'd ask for the top 2 recommended networks and sign up there not to spread my money into many networks.
5. Starting with pops is the best way to learn, but I'm not sure what I'd choose at this point TBH.
For answer number 2.
If i join more than one network, won't it make separate results, so it will take longer to earn money?

I mean like this.
I signed up to affiliate network 1st; they have a minimum payout of $ 100.

Kemuadian affiliate network 2nd; they have a minimum payout of $ 500.

Wouldn't it be easier to focus on one network if my monthly budget was only $ 1000?

For answer number 2.
If i join more than one network, won't it make separate results, so it will take longer to earn money?

I mean like this.
I signed up to affiliate network 1st; they have a minimum payout of $ 100.

Kemuadian affiliate network 2nd; they have a minimum payout of $ 500.

Wouldn't it be easier to focus on one network if my monthly budget was only $ 1000?
True. That's why I think 2 networks is the ideal max.
More than that and you split too thin. If your network has everything you need in terms of offers and vertical, 1 alone could work for sure.

Either that or you start working with networks that offer low payout limits such as $100-200 max.

True. That's why I think 2 networks is the ideal max.
More than that and you split too thin. If your network has everything you need in terms of offers and vertical, 1 alone could work for sure.

Either that or you start working with networks that offer low payout limits such as $100-200 max.
Now it's clear ...
Your answers really helped me.
Thank you @servandosilva πŸ™ πŸ™ (y) (y) (y)

Hi @servandosilva , you said an affiliate should test at least one offer per day. I was wondering if you have a daily routine. What's your typical workday like? How do you prioritize your work?

I appreciate your contributions to the forum, and I'm really enjoying this thread. Thanks!
Yes, at least when you're testing campaigns and haven't found a winner... an offer a day keeps the doctor away? LOL

I dedicate around 60 minutes per day to get a list of good offers, spy, and see if it's being run in the types of traffic I'm running, and then setup a campaign and launch it.

My typical schedule is different every day because I'm not just running CPA offers but also have a ton more online projects I'm working on.

However, I use Toggl track to keep an eye on what I'm working on and also use it as a Pomodoro timer somehow.

Hi @servandosilva ,

Great interview...
I noticed a lot of affiliates who have "made it" are not working alone, they all have a team behind them.
My questions are:scripts
  • Do you work on your affiliate business alone?
Hi people, hi @Luke,
I am new here and learning a lot. I suck at coding - it wastes a lot of my precious time. At 52 with family to take care of and my affiliate efforts - not time to learn html and css now. I want to have a some people on ma team to work on tasks like cleaning the landers and adding code or scripts. If you are available - do please reply to this, cheers!

Hi people, hi @Luke,
I am new here and learning a lot. I suck at coding - it wastes a lot of my precious time. At 52 with family to take care of and my affiliate efforts - not time to learn html and css now. I want to have a some people on ma team to work on tasks like cleaning the landers and adding code or scripts. If you are available - do please reply to this, cheers!
You might want to reach out to @nitin about cleaning them up πŸ‘

You might want to reach out to @nitin about cleaning them up πŸ‘
Thanks Luke

Hi people, hi @Luke,
I run https://thelanders.club
We are the best in this (both in terms of quality and turn-around time) and have alot of super-affiliates working with us.
You can ping me on telegram sethinitin or skype:
and we can take it further from there.