- Apr 21, 2020
Hello, I have questions about data and tracking. I'd like to get opinions, suggestions, and advice from other aff media buyers.
- How do you save or store your data? It's my understanding that cloud trackers own your data, and when self-hosting all your data is stored on your server. I want to know how aff media buyers save and store their data. If at all?
- Does this mean when you switch servers you lose the data?
- When/if you do need to switch servers how do you save/keep/store the data you bought? My assumption was to export from the TS and tracker before switching.
- In your opinion what's the cut-off point when data is too old? 6-12 months? Is old data usable? 1-2 years? Is old data usable?
- What's the best way to save data that we buy so that it's usable for future use?
- What is the best way to transfer data from one tracker to another?
- What's the best way to transfer campaigns from one tracker to another?
- What do you do in situations where a campaign in the traffic source is split between trackers?