Guide 🔥 Prosper202 VPS Install Guide 🔥

MGID
Can you install prosper202 on the existing server you have with Vultr under another domain, or must you deploy another server. For $5 it doesn't matter, just curious.

kaminari
Excellent guide and great work!! Thanks !!
A question, with these settings, what happens when you start sending high volumes of traffic?
In which cases is a load balancer necessary? Is there a guide on this?

And you don't need to install the memcached anymore?

Is it possible to save and transfer your "Maria" database to an excell format and save it to your PC for future reference? is there any guide on it? Thanks

Last edited:
Can you install prosper202 on the existing server you have with Vultr under another domain, or must you deploy another server. For $5 it doesn't matter, just curious.

Yes, you can but I would always deploy a new server and keep it all separate as you don't want anything else impacting your tracking!

Excellent guide and great work!! Thanks !!
A question, with these settings, what happens when you start sending high volumes of traffic?
In which cases is a load balancer necessary? Is there a guide on this?

And you don't need to install the memcached anymore?

Is it possible to save and transfer your "Maria" database to an excell format and save it to your PC for future reference? is there any guide on it? Thanks

Depends on your definition of high volumes, we ran a quick rough and ready test on the server and it was still loading fine with over 5k requests a sec, admittedly that wasn't very scientific but the server handled the load

memcached is no longer part of PHP7+ so that is why it's not installed, you don't need it per se, in fact, @BenitoB found it slower with it so switched to Redis so you could try that if you wanted a caching.

I must admit I've not looked into exporting the database, maybe @T202Nana could help on that one?

Yes, you can but I would always deploy a new server and keep it all separate as you don't want anything else impacting your tracking!

Depends on your definition of high volumes, we ran a quick rough and ready test on the server and it was still loading fine with over 5k requests a sec, admittedly that wasn't very scientific but the server handled the load

View attachment 10517

memcached is no longer part of PHP7+ so that is why it's not installed, you don't need it per se, in fact, @BenitoB found it slower with it so switched to Redis so you could try that if you wanted a caching.

I must admit I've not looked into exporting the database, maybe @T202Nana could help on that one?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you, for example I would not know how to tell you exactly the requests per second, but I would know how to tell you the volume of for a month, which could be around 3 million events per month

I understand that "opcache" is not necessary either, right?

On the other hand, I thought I understood Nana the following:
"I abandoned php which is old and slow and wrote everything with Go"

Does this mean that everything Prosper202 is written in Go? Or did you just do this for the Warp202 engine?

Another last question please, in the Prosper202 installation guide, I think you put the Prosper202 database and files in the same instance, wouldn't it be better and faster to use an instance to host the Prosper202 files and another for the database where you can increase your capacity when you think it is necessary? and couldn't you also use a load balancer?

Yes, it would be nice for @T202Nana to tell us something about exporting the database to query excell files on your PC.
Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you, for example I would not know how to tell you exactly the requests per second, but I would know how to tell you the volume of for a month, which could be around 3 million events per month

I understand that "opcache" is not necessary either, right?

On the other hand, I thought I understood Nana the following:
"I abandoned php which is old and slow and wrote everything with Go"

Does this mean that everything Prosper202 is written in Go? Or did you just do this for the Warp202 engine?

Another last question please, in the Prosper202 installation guide, I think you put the Prosper202 database and files in the same instance, wouldn't it be better and faster to use an instance to host the Prosper202 files and another for the database where you can increase your capacity when you think it is necessary? and couldn't you also use a load balancer?

Yes, it would be nice for @T202Nana to tell us something about exporting the database to query excell files on your PC.
Thanks

The currently available version of Prosper202 (1.9.55) which is the one used in this guide is written in PHP, there is a newer version soon to be released (1.9.56) but as far as I'm aware that is still based on PHP. Nana is working on a new plugin redirect engine which is called Warp202 that is based on the GO language but it's still in development, maybe he will be able to give more info on that?

With PHP7+ I believe opcache is enabled by default, in fact PHP 7.2+ has many improvements over previous versions straight out the box so you should be OK with the basic install.

Of course, you can use load balancers and dedicated database servers but all that is outside the scope of this guide which was to show how to set up Prosper202 on a cheap VPS from beginning to end so anyone can get started. If you wanted to expand and go down that route I'd suggest buying some professional service time from @T202Nana where he could go through everything and help you configure such an awesome setup.

nice job @agentf , specially the part related to server and adding let's encrypt for Vultr vps But im using
Ubuntu 18.04 x64 with lamp. that for all my Landers, with the same Setup , i will try to add prosper and lets see ;)

nice job @agentf , specially the part related to server and adding let's encrypt for Vultr vps But im using
Ubuntu 18.04 x64 with lamp. that for all my Landers, with the same Setup , i will try to add prosper and lets see ;)

You will definitely get it done! I‘ve also installed one prosper202 under Ubuntu for my friend.

It‘s really a nice working self hosted tracker, I also want to get back to it. The thing I would concern is the disadvantage of self hosted comparing to cloud trackers

You can follow the guide and just change the commands for ubuntu distro, so dnf would be apt etc. otherwise it's pretty much the same, although with ubuntu you probably wouldn't need to create the MariaDB repo as it generally uses newer versions than CentOS.

Please let me know how you get on though, we could always make some updates for ubuntu!

@kent it really depends on what I'm doing, I have bought a sub from Kintura and really like it but I still use Prosper for some things just depends on what I want to achieve.

Has anyone successfully set up Prosper202 with MySQL 8?
I purchased a vps with webmin and the latest LAMP stack and it’s giving me some grief.

I've not used MySQL 8 as I tend to lean towards MariaDB since the split and Oracle took over and started trying to monetise it!
But as Nana stated if you can provide some more info we should be able to help you out ;)

Thanks guys,
Ill try a fresh install and see how I go, then I'll report back.

Ok,
So this doesn't really relate to this thread as I am attempting an install not related to the guide created by @agentf , so I'm happy if this gets moved to a different/new thread.

This is what I have done so far

Created a new Webmin LAMP VPS with the following software
  • Ubuntu 20.04
  • Apache 2.4.41
  • Mysql 8.0.20
  • PHP 7.4.3

Created a SQL database
Created a user

Installed the Prosper202 software into the var/www/html directory

Created a subdomain and pointed to the VPS

When I visit my subdomain I am presented with this page.

When I click on the create link I get the following message.

Should I create the file manually, or change the permissions?

when you install it creates a file called 202-config-sample.php you should make a copy of this file or rename it to 202-config.php then you will need to put in your database name, username and password.

This is the part of the guide which covers that (scroll down towards the bottom of that post), although most of the guide is done from the command line you can do it via a file manager if you wish

Ok.
Modified the config file with db name user and password.

From what I have gathered, "MySQL partitioning" is not supported in mySQL8 and is handled by InnoDB
So I continued to the next page

entered details for the api key as promted

When I get to this page, I enter all the details to create an account, but it does nothing when I submit the form.
This is as far as I can go.

Make sure your web server has rights to the folder, also, make sure the database user has grant all as well, it can take a couple of mins to get to the next page so make sure you're not interrupting it too soon!

Oh and check if you have selinux enabled, if so you will need to allow permissions or disable it