Follow Along Zeropark + Voluum + PeerFly. Goal = Spot 3 Profitable campaigns

AdsEmpire
RollerAds
UPDATE:

Performances are not stable for now, still optimizing, I am on profit but too little.
I hope this will get stable someday.

Some stats tomorrow

I have some advanced question.

This relates to sources and targets.

1) Yesterday i noticed that 1 source spent $15 and generated 1 Conversion of $3.50, so I was about to kill that source.

But I drilled down into targets and noticed that the conversion came from 1 target in that source that spent $0.1, so i basically had a HUGE ROI on that target.

Is there a way to know all the targets related to a sources and exclude them in advance?
I would like to have that source on but drive traffic only to that profitable target.
Should i kill that source on that campaigna nd create a single target campaign with that target?

2) How many campaigns you end up creating when you spot a profitable offer?
I believe the way to go is RON
The create source campaign
Then create target campaign
Should I kill the Ron campaign when creating the source and kill the source campaign when creating the target campaign?

3) BIDS
If i bid let's say 0.01 on a source, then i go to the target inside that source and bid 0.2. What happens?

Thank you for clarifying this.

Is there a way to know all the targets related to a sources and exclude them in advance?
I would like to have that source on but drive traffic only to that profitable target.
Should i kill that source on that campaigna nd create a single target campaign with that target?
You can't remove all the targets in advance unless you setup a campaign for a single target (I do this all the time). I would recommend setting Zeropark up to automatically pause any target without a conversion when it reaches the payout of the offer.

I believe the way to go is RON
The create source campaign
Then create target campaign
Should I kill the Ron campaign when creating the source and kill the source campaign when creating the target campaign?
I agree with your method:

RON campaign
SOURCE campaign (sources with conversions)
TARGET campaign (specific targets with conversions)

Adjust your bids for each campaign based on what's profitable.

I do not typically kill any campaigns. I would just PAUSE the sources/targets on each campaign that aren't performing.

If i bid let's say 0.01 on a source, then i go to the target inside that source and bid 0.2. What happens?
You are now bidding $0.02 on the specific target and $0.01 on the other targets within that source.

@Luke my campaign (the one we spotted togheter) is starting to receive less traffic and less conversions.
I am highering the bids but struggling.

I need to understand if this is normal or it is just because you are milking it like mad:)

I just need to understand what is the life of a campaign.
Do you think that that kind of campaign can stay profitable for a long time?

@Luke my campaign (the one we spotted togheter) is starting to receive less traffic and less conversions.
I am highering the bids but struggling.

I need to understand if this is normal or it is just because you are milking it like mad:)

I just need to understand what is the life of a campaign.
Do you think that that kind of campaign can stay profitable for a long time?
I ran a similar campaign to this last year for about 6 months before it died. The life of a campaign has many different factors. Competition is obviously a big one when you're optimizing the your campaigns like crazy like we are. We're also direct linking so as Charles Ngo would say, we don't have much of a "moat". Anyone can run the same offer on Zeropark and within a short amount of testing, find profitable sources/targets and bid us up.

So, it really just depends. I'm sure we've drawn some competition. The important thing with this campaign and what I hope you took from it is HOW we did it :)

Little UPDATE.

After some time running one of the campaign I was struggling to have a stable Roi, so today I decided to take the 25 performing targets from my Source campaign and create a new TARGET campaign.
I excluded the target in my source campaign so I am not bidding against myself but I left my source campaign live so I can try to find new prifitable targets.
Did I do the right thing? @Luke?

Will update you with stats on this laser targeted campaigns as soon as i have some results.

Little UPDATE.

After some time running one of the campaign I was struggling to have a stable Roi, so today I decided to take the 25 performing targets from my Source campaign and create a new TARGET campaign.
I excluded the target in my source campaign so I am not bidding against myself but I left my source campaign live so I can try to find new prifitable targets.
Did I do the right thing? @Luke?

Will update you with stats on this laser targeted campaigns as soon as i have some results.
I leave profitable sources and targets running in all my campaigns (main RON, source, and target campaigns).

Up to you how you want to do yours though. Hopefully you see some good results! 👍😀

Hi guys,

For ZeroPark optimisation, we are able to only do source and target optimisation? Can we do optimisation on Mobile for stuff like e.g. browsers? I have some info on the tracker but can't seem to futher optimise base on those data. :(

cheers,

Daniel

Hi guys,

For ZeroPark optimisation, we are able to only do source and target optimisation? Can we do optimisation on Mobile for stuff like e.g. browsers? I have some info on the tracker but can't seem to futher optimise base on those data. :(

cheers,

Daniel
If you have a mobile campaign setup you should be able to optimize by pausing browsers:

I am still having problems getting traffic and optimizing the campaigns.
The main problems are.

1- Profit is not steady- I continue to optimize everyday but I don't see any effect, basically conversions are very up and downs.
2- The 'exploring' campaigns continue to loose money, so basically I am never at ROI in total.
3- The traffic is very tiny, after optimized a lot I cannot spend more than 4-6$ a day per campaign. Should i higher my bids a lot? Now I am at maximum at $0.035. I am tempted to big way higher in order to have more traffic and optimize faster.

@Luke Do you optimize your campaigns daily?

I cannot imagine how can be possible to earn some decent money with that little margin and a daily optimization of the campaigns.
I should have 30 campaigns like this to earn something worthwhile.

Can you please clarify?

I am still having problems getting traffic and optimizing the campaigns.
The main problems are.

1- Profit is not steady- I continue to optimize everyday but I don't see any effect, basically conversions are very up and downs.
2- The 'exploring' campaigns continue to loose money, so basically I am never at ROI in total.
3- The traffic is very tiny, after optimized a lot I cannot spend more than 4-6$ a day per campaign. Should i higher my bids a lot? Now I am at maximum at $0.035. I am tempted to big way higher in order to have more traffic and optimize faster.

@Luke Do you optimize your campaigns daily?

I cannot imagine how can be possible to earn some decent money with that little margin and a daily optimization of the campaigns.
I should have 30 campaigns like this to earn something worthwhile.

Can you please clarify?
Are you talking about the OSX campaign? We've severly limited ourselves on that campaign because not only does it only allow traffic for OSX, but the GEO it accepts traffic from isn't even that big lol. I made quite a bit of money last year from a similar offer for the US. So, it's still possible to scale and optimize, but obviously some campaigns are going to have more traffic than others.

I do not typically optimize daily. A lot of times I'll let a campaign go a few days so I can get more data so I'm not over-optimizing, which may be what you are doing. That's one reason it's good to setup separate source/target campaigns.

Also, 30 campaigns is not as much as it sounds. I tested 23 campaigns last month and honestly, that wasn't enough :)

Alright, quick update on my version of @markbeats campaigns since launching them yesterday:

View attachment 2588

Campaign 1 is definitely off to a rough start, but the traffic is very cheap. I only have 1 conversion to base my decisions off of, but I want to start removing sources that aren't performing well since I've already spent nearly 25x the payout. We're going to need some profitable sources/targets to be able to get this one profitable.

Campaign 1 Optimizations:

View attachment 2589

Hi Luke,

This post and you are awesome :)

I have few quick questions regarding the image above, I can see CPV is different for each sources but ideally it should be same as your are bidding same for each source, I have also observed the same in other images but deleted them to keep this short. So how CPV/PPV is different for sources/target when bid is same? Do Zeropark also has Smart CPM feature? (bid on second auction)

Also available available impressions for each target/sources are based on our campaign targeting or overall traffic availability of that source/target. For example if I am targeting mobile device in US so impressions available showing for any target are total traffic available under target regardless of Geo and device targeting or impressions available for US and mobile?

Last edited by a moderator:
Zeropark uses average bid. Some targets will cost more... some less, but on average you will pay what you bid. Hope that makes sense.

I can see CPV is different for each sources but ideally it should be same as your are bidding same for each source
If you don't use a manual bid on Zeropark, the bid is an average. The bid will go up and down, but it'll average to what you have set. You can set a manual bid so you are ONLY bidding the amount you have set. The manual bid is a good way to get more traffic, but the average bid (auto bid) is better for testing because it'll let you buy traffic from sources/targets that might otherwise be outside of your bid.

Also available available impressions for each target/sources are based on our campaign targeting or overall traffic availability of that source/target.
I believe it's specifically for your campaign settings.

Thanks Luke and Nick for updates on my questions.

So if I am setting auto bid of $5 CPM so I(system) will bid less on target where top bid is $1 and then bid high on target where top bid is $8 CPM and on average I will pay $5 CPM? also if I set manual bid then it will bid that manual amount regardless of top or minimum bid of target?