Tokens to Display Nearest Town or City on Landing Pages

CrakRevenue

gordgoodfellow

Contributor
Hey there!

I'm just thinking about those useful placeholder tokens which can be used to display the nearest town or city of the person who's viewing the ad or landing page. The system presumably uses GPS (or a version of it), with the fair certainty that the nearest named city/town will be displayed to the user, which I can imagine will draw his or her attention and probably increase conversion rates.

It would probably be perceived as a direct appeal to the viewer, and possibly raise the CR considerably when used with offers where locality is crucial (dating, local services, most pay-per-call applications, etc.).

Does anyone know specifically what this token would consist of? Such as {location}, perhaps?

Would it need any supporting coding on the page (in the header, possibly) such as PHP or javascript or to call another script on the server?

(I'm using BeMob right now, but perhaps there's a globally used

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!