Guide Scripts for automating subdomain creation

OpenAFF is the first technology affiliate network

Neil

Grandpa affLIFT
Staff Member
Community Leader
Well last month @Akahma posted a very useful thread about how to setup subdomains on a VPS, he shows you how to setup a VPS then goes on to show you how to create a practically unlimited number of subdomains to use for your landers.

You should definitely check out his awesome post

Well this got me thinking and how I could make this easier and quicker by creating a couple scripts to do this, so here I will share the scripts I created to automate @Akahma's process.

200.gif

I have used Ubuntu terminology in these scripts as that is what he used in his post, I can modify them to work with CentOS if it's required just let me know.

Remember - These scripts are to automate subdomain creation, they do not install or setup a LAMP server or LetsEncrypt etc. Please read the original post for that information.

So firstly I thought how can I make this process quicker and simpler? Well I broke the process into requirements and steps needed so I could easily automate the whole process.

Requirements
  • Domain name
  • Subdomain name
  • IP Address of VPS
Steps

Attachments

• subdom.zip
    987 bytes · Views: 236
To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!