Promoting non-store apps - what to do?

CrakRevenue

Frrrunkis

Super Contributor
I've got a client who, for legal reasons, can't get their app on the Android Play Store. The users have to download and install the .apk manually. I want to know how I can approach a CPI/CPD campaign in this case.

I mean, implementing postbacks is still possible, because we can approach the app developers directly and ask to implement tracking just for us (fetch click ID from app's "offer page" url, fire the postback when users install the .apk and open the app for the first time). The main challenge is finding partners for CPI/CPD, because, as far as I'm aware, everyone is used to and focused on the typical flow (click goes to Play Store / App Store, user gets the app from there). I can still do media buys myself, but I'm not too experienced here and would rather pay affiliates in CPI/CPD (both non-incent and incent installs are fine at this point).

Any idea how to approach this? Are there any platforms/networks for CPI/CPD that could handle this non-standard flow?

The app is a sport betting platform, geo is PL only for now, possibly DE, UK and other geos further down

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!