Optimising The Search Term Report Correctly?

CrakRevenue

Epocks

Super Contributor
Hey there everyone. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and had some celebrations for new years. Here is to a big 2024 and get some green coming in 💰

I have a question in regards to optimising the search term report and how I am excluding good search terms by accident when using filters.

Let's say we use a filter to find all search terms with zero conversion ( leads ), that is easy enough to do and Google will populate a bunch I can then select all and exclude. However when you look back over data I am finding good search terms have been excluded because, even though a search term showed up in the filter for zero conversions, that doesn't mean that same search term didn't generate leads for another keyword.

Perfect example using the screenshot below. The same search term has fired for 3 different keywords and produced different results.
- The top search term actually produced revenue ( All conversion value )
- The second search term only produced leads ( Conversions )
- The bottom search term produced nothing

So in this case if I were to filter search terms by having zero

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!