AIDA Formula

kaminari

JackySan

Grand Guru
Hey everyone,

Was wondering if any of you had already heard about AIDA (Attention, Interest, Desire, Action)?

That's a formula I discovered a few years back (in 2010) when I purchased a tracking software called "Conversion Prophet".
That software was really amazing, it's not working anymore and not being sold anymore, but you can still check its sales page on the way back machine here.

Basically AIDA allows to predict the traffic quality on a placement (keyword) basis extremely quickly, so fast that you don't have to spend too much money on any given placement before deciding what to cut and what to keep.

It does that by assigning time duration for the first 3 letters of the AIDA acronym:

For example, if a visitor spends 20 seconds on your page, the A(ttention) is recorded.
If he spends 2 minutes on your page, the I(nterest) is recorded.
If he spends 5 minutes on your page, the D(esire) is recorded.
And if he converts, the A(ction) is recorded.

When those durations above fit the content length of your lander or offer's sales page, you end up with a striking correlation between the number of recorded Desires and the number of Actions (conversions).

I'm using that formula for my campaigns, and it helps to cut bad placements without paying an arm or a leg for the initial test data.

I can post a case study if anyone's interested?

If you'd like to learn more about AIDA, I recommend to read the archived sales page of Conversion Prophet on the way back machine (do NOT buy from that archived page haha, it's not going to work)

RollerAds
I would definitely be interested in a case study. I've failed to get conversions with the search engine marketing I've done for affLIFT and it may be that I'm just shutting things off too early or not focusing on the right keywords. It sounds like AIDA may be able to help :)

mgid use this system? :eek:

AIDA is not a new concept, it's more than 100 years old actually :)

It's not surprising to find it used in other places, like I said the 1st time I saw it was in 2010 when I purchased Conversion Prophet.
The difference is in the way it's used - MGID uses postbacks to help you track different actions, like leads, adding products to your cart, and purchases.

ClickerVolt uses AIDA to measure your traffic's interest in what you have to offer.

There are probably a lot more different uses out there in the wild.