Case Study $57,141 in 11 Weeks with Pay Per Call

RollerAds

Nick

๐Ÿง™๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ Wizard ๐Ÿ”ฎ
Staff Member
Community Leader
I've got a mega value post for everyone today on my blog.

It's a case study where I did $57,141 in revenue in just 11 weeks. It's a pay per call campaign that was in the flight booking niche (not recommended unless you have a spare Google Ads account), but has a ton of key takeaways at the end that can be applied to any pay per call campaign.

I've literally been contemplating posting this for the last year (it was all written and ready to go). I didn't include as much information as I originally intended, but it still has most of it.

Click here to read the case study now.

With the exception of this niche and a couple others, pay per call is very white hat. Meaning you can promote it on all of the big traffic sources (Facebook, Google, etc.). Not that many affiliates do pay per call, but there's still good money to be made ;)

Geozo
When I saw first I didnt believe it was real, however after checking your blog, they are all legimate posts with some real values. Good job man.

This is epic, @Nick. Great work and awesome case study.

I am definitely what would be considered a pay per call newbie. We only had pay per call on PeerFly for a short time and my experience with it is nothing compared to pretty much every other type of campaign.

That being said, what affiliate networks do you recommend for pay per call offers?

Btw, I will likely be including this thread in a mass message to all members soon and a link to your blog. Appreciate your awesome contributions to our community ๐Ÿ‘

@Nick Awesome Case Study!

Thanks for taking the time to write it out with such detail.

Have you tried pay per call campaigns on Bing as well?

Man, this is honestly SO inspiring! Well done @Nick :)

We are running pay per call offers via MarketCall (sorry, minor plug :) for 2 flight offers on our lead gen landing pages as a secondary source of income and its doing well. Averaging a 20% conversion on calls generated to converted calls. The average payout is $15 for flights but we've generated calls for Rehab, insurance, medicare, auto and home security that are far higher. I've yet to experiment with search ads direct but can see the massive impact this could have. Really cool.

For anyone that is interested in testing pay per call for the first time, on any source, I recommend Marketcall who have a really simple application process and a great reporting system. Their support team is great and they currently have 60+ offers across verticals like services, finance, travel and health.

PS they also have a couple of tax / tax debt relief call partners who are going to clean up this month. Its USA tax $eason after all (y)

@Paddyj1888 Do you work for MarketCall? Your post seems awkwardly promotional.
Seems to just be an affiliate link. I asked for recommendations on pay per call networks so I'm cool with it lol

what affiliate networks do you recommend for pay per call offers?

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. My go-to network is Palo Media.

One of the best things about pay per call is that you don't actually need any network if you don't want. I like to use them for nationwide campaigns, but then get other clients that only cover a smaller portion of the United States. The affiliate network more acts as an overflow for the extra calls, or extra coverage for where the smaller clients don't service. Networks are also good for building up your volume, as you can burn relationships pretty quick immediately going direct and then not able to give enough volume to cover the costs of the agent(s) that answer the calls.

Have you tried pay per call campaigns on Bing as well?

I'm really not a fan of Bing. The first reason is they don't have volume like Google and the second reason is (last time I checked) they don't have call ads like Google.

I'm really not a fan of Bing. The first reason is they don't have volume like Google and the second reason is (last time I checked) they don't have call ads like Google.

I understand. Thanks for the reply!

Great case study @Nick. I do a lot of client work on Google Ads and been looking for a way to do lead gen / affiliate marketing with Google Ads and your case study got me all excited, up to when you said your account got suspended :) that's a shame.

Great case study @Nick. I do a lot of client work on Google Ads and been looking for a way to do lead gen / affiliate marketing with Google Ads and your case study got me all excited, up to when you said your account got suspended :) that's a shame.

Hey Rich. This is a good way to do lead gen/ affiliate marketing on Google Ads. You just have to know which niches to avoid, which is basically travel, tech support, and student loan consolidation. Travel is only one to avoid because of how the off shore call centers handle everything (the reason is in the post). There are a lot of other offers that can work just like this.

Saw that the other day. Top of the newsletter! Keep up the great work, @Nick. Value brings value :D

Just finished reading. Very professional handling of the situation and problem solving!

One question. I am a little confused about bidding in AdWords. When you choose the keywords, AdWords has a system in place to determine the order your ads will be shown. So there is minimum and maximum bid for display on first page. How do you choose the amount you bid? Can you give some details?

Last edited:
Just finished reading. Very professional handling of the situation and problem solving!

One question. I am a little confused about bidding in AdWords. When you choose the keywords, AdWords has a system in place to determine the order your ads will be shown. So there is minimum and maximum bid for display on first page. How do you choose the amount you bid? Can you give some details?

With call only ads you usually want to be in positions 1-3 (top of page). This will give you the most volume. Call only ad impressions seem to drop off quite a bit if you're any lower.

Some keywords you just simply won't be able to afford to bid on. I usually start campaigns bidding 50% - 75% of the offer payout. This is so you don't get bad CTR right off the bat.

How do you track paypercall offers in binom. How will i track my phone like i would track a offer link? I want to use snapchat and facebook as my traffic source