• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • Join Golden Goose today and get access to the top mobile content offers in the world from the network with over 15 years experience in the mVAS market.
    Join Golden Goose Today!

Hello from a bitter blogger!

1win

StubbornDude

Lurker
Hi All.

The post title and my username are a bit tongue-in-cheek but not really. Started updating the wordpress blog for the organisation I worked for here in Ireland in around 2008, so posted whatever stuff they needed until 2013. That wa my intro to the very basics of wordpress/websites

Changed industry and started working for myself. So setup a Facebook page for work, thought I need my own website so gradually got into learning more about building wordpress sites from scratch, then had a lightbulb moment in 2017 where I realised what I really wanted was for the website to make money not me.

Spent ages creating a video course and then built a blog around the course, thought traffic to the blog would result in sales for course, it didn't really. Then moved onto building a content blog to make money purely from ads in Feb 22 with the dream of getting onto Mediavine.

This blog took off but since then, like many other people, I have seen my traffic get destroyed from Google updates, then recover a bit, then destroyed again.

So I have decided to quit blogging for 2 reasons. 1

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!