• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • 30% off for ad tracking & automation! Leading affiliates & media buyers use RedTrack for 5-minute cost updates, campaign management, smart rules, CAPI integrations with FB, TikTok, Google Ads, Bing, etc.
    Get 30% OFF!

Guide CPVLab VPS Setup Guide πŸ€“ (with shared build scripts) 😎

CrakRevenue
you can just create one!

this seems massively over complex, all you need to do is create a server with cpvlab installed really don't understand why you have cname's and empty folders?

MGID
you can just create one!

this seems massively over complex, all you need to do is create a server with cpvlab installed really don't understand why you have cname's and empty folders?
Do you still not get what I have been trying to do? I have explained this 2-3 times in my earlier replies.

I have created an empty index.html file in the go.abc.com folder, but it still shows file not found. This would have been resolved in minutes if CPV Lab just had the documentation for this.

I had tried Binom self hosted version few years back
It’s easy as well but with more click loss with pop , maybe I ran on the digital ocean lowest tier USD5/mo options
Just thinking if it needs like USD20/mo VPS config to make it smooth then the total cost is more or less like a cloud version tracker
Did I miss anything here ?

I had tried Binom self hosted version few years back
It’s easy as well but with more click loss with pop , maybe I ran on the digital ocean lowest tier USD5/mo options
Just thinking if it needs like USD20/mo VPS config to make it smooth then the total cost is more or less like a cloud version tracker
Did I miss anything here ?
A $20 /month plan would be the minimum I'd use for a tracker, yeah. More if you're planning to run high volumes.

The initial cost might be similar to a cloud-hosted tracker once you count in the license, but you won't get charged for extra events in case you go over them.

Hi @acer40m,

You may get close to the monthly price of a cloud hosted tracker when you add the server, but there are some advantages of having a self-hosted tracker that should be considered:
  • unlimited events tracking
  • unlimited data retention, you can keep a history of all your old campaigns and data
  • full data privacy as you have everything stored on your own server
  • some trackers offer a lifetime license with a one-time payment :)
  • you can use the same server to store other apps or websites that you may have

In the end it all comes down to seeing which are the most important general features that you look for in a tracker when deciding between self-hosted vs. cloud-based.

Wow!! That must have taken you serious time to create such detailed guide !!

After chatting to Radu at iGB Affiliate London this week I decided it was about time to do an updated guide, so will be doing a new guide on setting up a VPS to run CPVLab on latest Rocky Linux, PHP and CPVLab releases.

Stay tuned for the new guide soon πŸ’ͺ (y)

After chatting to Radu at iGB Affiliate London this week I decided it was about time to do an updated guide, so will be doing a new guide on setting up a VPS to run CPVLab on latest Rocky Linux, PHP and CPVLab releases.

Stay tuned for the new guide soon πŸ’ͺ (y)
Sounds awesome!