Official Binom: The Tracker For Professionals [-40% coupon for affLIFT members]

Binom

Partner
So I’m all set up with binom and digital ocean. For my tracker and server. I’m going to set up my landing pages and run traffic. I’ll let y’all know how it goes.
Nice to hear that, @Taylor
Best wishes on your path and keep us updated about your progress.

Binom team

Binom

Partner
@Taylor Thanks for the update. I'd be interested in seeing your results from testing a campaign url
Hey @DEADZ,
There are a lot of disputes on the redirect speed issue. And sometimes, you just don't have to worry too much. Don't forget to use no-redirect tracking. And let's consider it deeper. Firstly, slow redirects are relevant only for certain types of traffic, as cheap pop traffic (it’s still important caught your traffic with backfix), possibly push notifications. On the other hand, it’s not important for Facebook traffic, 50ms is loaded your landing page or 150 ms, the user clicks and waiting longer. So, just another mechanism. Secondly, there are a lot of top affiliates with huge volumes (we saw trackers with tens of billions of clicks on one tracker) using all geo at once. Believe me, they are professionals, no one will pour traffic through the tracker, which after switching to it gives ROI two times less. Just look at our places in adplexity. We are leaders in the average amount of traffic per customer. Therefore, I have always considered these problems to be far-fetched and bloated by cloud trackers, since this is their key seeming advantage. Third, think about where are the servers of the traffic sources located, the publisher's server, the server of the advertiser, where the offer is hosted? How many redirects does the user have on the way to the final page? Redirect from traffic source to tracker is only one of them. Only a few of them use powerful servers like Amazon.

DEADZ

There are a lot of disputes on the redirect speed issue.
I understand everything you're saying and I also take all of these things into account. But what do you have to say about click loss & overload as a result/effect of slow redirect speeds?

And for example from the demo campaign URL test, you can clearly see how it gets slower as it gets further from Germany (where the Hetzner server is located). As you said, for some people this is not a major issue and it might just be an issue for those running pop/remnant traffic. But I'm just wondering how a setup on digital ocean performs.

Binom

Partner
I understand everything you're saying and I also take all of these things into account. But what do you have to say about click loss & overload as a result/effect of slow redirect speeds?

And for example from the demo campaign URL test, you can clearly see how it gets slower as it gets further from Germany (where the Hetzner server is located). As you said, for some people this is not a major issue and it might just be an issue for those running pop/remnant traffic. But I'm just wondering how a setup on digital ocean performs.
You are right, the longer is the redirect the more traffic loss you have. And of course, will be better to use the server closer to your target geo. But here is the thing. The servers of traffic sources or offers are often far from being in the target geo, and you have a long redirect path, for example, from a publisher to a source, from a source to a tracker, from a tracker to an affiliate network, from affiliate network to the offer. So it depends on your circumstances and you need to pick up the shortest way to the user. According to our practice, it's becoming critical only for distant countries such as Thailand, Australia, Japan, where it's really better to take a server inside the country.
So, your wish to test digital ocean server could be reasonable and let us know about the results you will get. And, if any help required, please contact our support team.

Taylor

@DEADZ here are the results from my server (Digital Ocean) using binom as the tracker. I uploaded my lander to my server threw my tracker(binom). Which is a Very cool feature. I got the server that was in frankurt. My server from Digital Ocean is 1cpu 3gb ram and 60gb ssd space. Binom installed the tracker on my server and helped me a lot along the way. They are great with newbies and guys with experience.

Took me a while to set up because I'm used to using the cpanel on my beyondhosting to edit my landing pages. So I used another HTML/editor which was purelander.

I'm not sure what the results mean but I know it's important. If I can speed my landing pages up let me know. And if this is fast let me know as well. Do I need a CDN like Cloudflare? If so, how do I set that up?

@Binom, @PropellerAds and @Luke I need help with postback tracking back to propellerads. Read link below.

@Luke are you using Digital Ocean? If so do you have any tips?

Attachments

Luke

Admin
Staff member
Nice. Where can i find more info on how to do that with my landers?
I don't have any guides on Cloudflare for landers yet. I'll have to do one soon. It's pretty straightforward though. You just change the nameservers on your landing page domain :)

Binom

Partner
ok i will look into this later.
Hello @Taylor,
In case you are using Cloudflare for the tracking domain, you have to turn off the caching.
Otherwise, you can get statistics delay and maybe issues with updates.
Here is the required set up:

cloudflare-png.4671

DEADZ

Thanks for the screenshot @Taylor . 😄

Since your digital ocean server is located in frankfurt (pretty much the same as the demo hosted on hetzner), you can see the EU cities are the fastest (I mainly look at "connect" & "TTFB" - time to first byte).

But as Binom already pointed out it shouldn't be a big concern for most people. And it also depends on your campaign, traffic type, etc.

I'm used to seeing (on cloud) all the cities on green (with below 40ms on "connect" and below 200ms on "TTFB". Tokyo, Singapore & Bangalore are usually the slowest ones with around 100ms on "connect" and around 500ms on "TTFB").

I was just wondering if similar results could be achieved with self-hosted.

Thanks again!

Taylor

Thanks for the screenshot @Taylor . 😄

Since your digital ocean server is located in frankfurt (pretty much the same as the demo hosted on hetzner), you can see the EU cities are the fastest (I mainly look at "connect" & "TTFB" - time to first byte).

But as Binom already pointed out it shouldn't be a big concern for most people. And it also depends on your campaign, traffic type, etc.

I'm used to seeing (on cloud) all the cities on green (with below 40ms on "connect" and below 200ms on "TTFB". Tokyo, Singapore & Bangalore are usually the slowest ones with around 100ms on "connect" and around 500ms on "TTFB").

I was just wondering if similar results could be achieved with self-hosted.

Thanks again!
Right now I don’t have any issues with it. I’m just now completing my postback URL to traffic source set up. Other than that I’m fine with the tracker and server.

One thing I do notice is that I see the conversions on the tracker side really fast. I used other trackers in the post as well.