• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • Are you looking for WW high-quality traffic? Join HilltopAds! Try POPโ€™s, Video and In-Page push formats and get conversions. Apply promo code AFFLIFT10 and get 10% bonus on your first deposit!
    Join HilltopAds

3rd party platforms for own push notification list (other than onesignal)

OpenAFF is the first technology affiliate network

sushiparlour

Grand Guru
Wanted to check if anyone has any recommendation other than onesignal for those of us considering building out our own list? Am planning to build a small list to split test the results against existing campaigns + Monetizer etc.

PS. Don't get me wrong, am quite happy with Monetizer but feel like any good marketer needs to do some AB testing and also I think more control over my list ahead of the Chrome update might be needed to help combat it.

OpenAFF is the first technology affiliate network
PushCrew and PushAlert are pretty good alternatives. But nothing out there beats onesignal for now.

Would love to see a follow along from you about your split tests :p

Thanks guys for the input so far, one I'm interested in is Truepush as it is free but don't have API (which makes things harder).

Main problem for us is the cost as well given that we can easily collect a large number so want something that can handle 100k subs a day without breaking the bank (most seem to be at $200 - 300 a day).

I was mucking around with PushEngage for a while and they were really good. The pricing was reasonable and they have a lot of features, including a full autoresponder feature so that you can schedule a series and then just let them run. I didn't get into a lot of the features, though, because the biggest hurdle I quickly found with 'retail' push services is that they aren't designed for the kind of detail we need in terms of segmentation to effectively run CPA offers - they're designed for updating visitors to a website about that website and that's what they're good at. Otherwise, they just don't have the segmentation for anything much beyond geo - you don't get os, browsers, 3G/Wifi or carriers, so the best I found I could do was send generic sweeps type notifications "You've won a prize" and then link them to a smartlink and hope it went to a sweeps offer (Monetizer had an 'Amazon' smartlink at the time and I made a couple of conversions on that but it's gone).

At the end of the day I think the #1 reason I'd recommend PushEngage is because my AM was was exceptionally responsive and helpful - he was happy to talk on the phone/Skype and he went through the whole API with me and sent me detailed emails with the JS I'd need to trigger a callback after each subscription in order to track subscribers and they can also fire an update whenever the status of a subscriber changes or fire a pixel as soon as someone views the notification (though this was a special API you'd have to pay extra to subscribe to).

Ultimately, I started thinking that something like PushMaze, combined with paying a developer to tailor it to exactly what I would want might be a better way to build an effective self-hosted push notification process for CPA, but that's still waaay beyond my comfort zone, so I decided to stick with just collecting subs for the networks.

@RTXPlatform - what if someone doesn't monetize on your platform and just use your push sending capability, wouldn't it result in a loss for you guys? Trying to figure out the business angle here.
We do not offer the SaaS model (only send your own push notifications and not mine). The revshare that we take is slightly lower than some of our competitors because we are giving you the ability to send out your own push in addition to the 4 ads I send on a daily basis.

Thanks guys. Just thought I'd update to wrap this up.

Plan for me is to go with https://www.truepush.com/ first (since its free) so we can get use to managing our own list and figuring out how to schedule this work into our usual team workflow. Also it would give us pros/cons idea for building our own. Afterwards probably try to migrate over to self hosting solutions such as https://www.pushmaze.com/ (and if anyone from pushmaze is reading and want me to write a review for a free copy happy to do so ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…). That way we can have even more control over things and look to either code our own solution on top of it or get someone to code the whole thing from scratch entirely.

Timeline-wise is most likely to be testing it all the way through to Chrome 80 update (to see the impact) before we invest much more into getting things fleshed out.

Thanks guys. Just thought I'd update to wrap this up.

Plan for me is to go with https://www.truepush.com/ first (since its free) so we can get use to managing our own list and figuring out how to schedule this work into our usual team workflow. Also it would give us pros/cons idea for building our own. Afterwards probably try to migrate over to self hosting solutions such as https://www.pushmaze.com/ (and if anyone from pushmaze is reading and want me to write a review for a free copy happy to do so ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…). That way we can have even more control over things and look to either code our own solution on top of it or get someone to code the whole thing from scratch entirely.

Timeline-wise is most likely to be testing it all the way through to Chrome 80 update (to see the impact) before we invest much more into getting things fleshed out.

Thanks for the updates sushi, and maybe we will see a follow along with this? :p

Thanks for the updates sushi, and maybe we will see a follow along with this? :p

I could offer some insights such as share hurdles we face and how we overcome it. Bit too lazy to really put together a proper follow along with numbers and stuff as it is also a hassle to make sure my numbers are representative i.e. apples to apples.

I'm working on that for you ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks Luke, keep me posted and drop me a PM if need be.

Since its nearly a year, am bumping this to see if any good new software came out? (In case I'm not aware of)

I'm noticing the default codes on onesignal and truepush etc. are getting blocked by ad blocking tools.

Hi there,
Pushnami has a managed solution where we monetize your audience for you as well as a self managed solution. We mainly monetize US and other tier 1 traffic and only work with folks driving 100K subs a month as a minimum. Our system has api integration as well. Saw that was important for you
(You still own your list and can take it anywhere you like)
20,000 sites are powered by us currently and what's even better is if your offers are a good fit we can drive you net new traffic on top of using our push service

Send me a DM to discuss. Sounds like we could be a great fit
Here is my skype
live:.cid.7074122ea63cb3a6