• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • Get a $50 Free Traffic COUPON from BidVertiser - Valid for Pop Under, Direct Ads, In-Page, Push and Native (mainstream and adult). Use Coupon AFFLIFT50
    Claim your $50 Now!

How bids actually works

Geozo

Dnurz

Contributor
Alright so I understand that your ad is displayed on a website as soon as your bid is one of the highest in the moment right?

If a website in average (for example) displays ads 1000 times a day those ads that are displayed are the first 1000th positions in the ranking bids am I right? So if you set a very low bid your ad is never going to displayed right?

So I know that a traffic source network has a ton of websites that are available to show them ads... And different websites have different bids due to white/black lists right? Depends on the traffic quality of the website people are going to offer more or less money in those websites... Am I right?

For example... If in one country the average CPM is $1, and I chose to set $2 for the bid this means I will get traffic of all websites that people aren't offering more that $2, but I will be paying $2 for all this websites? Even the ones that have way less quality traffic? Or i will be paying less for that?

Also other thing, if your ad is displayed in one website

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!