Accounting for VAT

Galaksion Contest

Millie

Contributor
Hi All,

I started affiliate marketing in November, working through Lukes beginners guide.

I already have a company (small, one man band) for my offline business and want to put my affiliate marketing activities through the company.

I'm based in the UK and my company is VAT registered.

I've lots of questions regarding accounting and VAT but seem to be tying myself up in knots regarding what I need to know first and what are the right questions to ask!

Wondered if someone with experience could point me in the right direction with the following:

1. I have a PropellerAds (EU based company) account in the company name. They've sent me an invoice in USD with zero VAT. I believe the VAT is zero because if they charged me I would simply claim it back on my VAT return. Am I correct in thinking that, when preparing my VAT return, I simply convert the cost to GBP, include it in my total purchases figure and then enter the value against "Total value of acquisitions of goods and related costs excluding any VAT, from other EC Member States"?

2. I also have a PopAds (Non EU based company) account, but

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!