• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • Are you looking for WW high-quality traffic? Join HilltopAds! Try POP’s, Video and In-Page push formats and get conversions. Apply promo code AFFLIFT10 and get 10% bonus on your first deposit!
    Join HilltopAds

Case Study Beware of frequency caps on your traffic network (here's why)

Galaksion Contest

servandosilva

🌊🏝👨‍💻🧋🌴
Staff Member
Community Leader
Hey guys. Today I wanted to talk about something we've been testing in the past weeks.
That is frequency capping and you might have seen it several times before when creating a campaign. Here's an example of how it looks in PopAds:

frequency-capping-settings-popads-jpg.6559

Frequency capping allows you to select how many times per day or hour a visitor should see your ad before not showing it anymore.
The idea behind this is simple. If somebody visited a website and saw your banner 10 times and didn't click, he might not be interested, so why keep showing him the same banner when you can show something else or only show it to other visitors?

While most networks allow you to set a frequency cap they always recommend a cap of 2-3 times per day in order to not lose volume. However, in our case and many affiliates agree that a frequency cap of 1-2 per day is enough to get good volume and performance without losing money and creating ad fatigue.

In my case, I always set it to 1 every 24 hours unless I have a performing campaign where I want to test higher frequencies.

But if your

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!