2022 Recap - 23,460 New Users - 23,146 Posts

AdsEmpire

Luke

Admin
Staff Member
Community Leader
Last year, I spent a lot of time going through our data throughout the year and trying to figure out what we needed to do to grow. 2020 was a great year for affLIFT, 2021 was an okay year, and 2022 was an amazing year.

Below, I'll outline some of the highlights of the year :)

23,460 registered users (3,400 with Google sign up)

We're a forum/community/platform so the more users we have the better. Obviously, we want as many of those people contributing as possible, but the more we get to sign up the more we'll see get active.

We added triple the amount of new users to affLIFT as our nearest competitor was able to add to their forum.

One new feature that may have helped contribute to our growth (besides all the things I outline below) is the ability to register for the forum using your Google account. I added the ability to register with your Google account in June and we had over 3,400 people use that by the end of the year!

2,006 new threads with 1,479,237 views

What are all those new users doing? Well, they're posting and reading threads! We had 2,006 new threads published in 2022 and those threads (just the new ones) were viewed 1,479,237 times. Pretty impressive! New content always gets a lot of attention, but we also had about a million pageviews on older threads as well.

23,146 posts

affLIFT was the most active affiliate marketing forum in 2022 including the most amounts of posts. We had new 23,146 posts in our forum last year. We crossed 100,000 posts total which I am very proud of.

This year, I hope we're able to maintain growth in this area and create even more value for the community.

6,040,335 private messages sent

Alright, this is a massive number so it probably needs some explaining. In 2022, we sent over 6,000,000 private messages. Now, the reason this is inflated is because twice a week I send out a newsletter via our private message system. You get a newsletter from me and every other member of the forum does.

But, it's still an awesome number. I've maintained sending out the newsletter for years now and it helps highlight content that the Community Leaders make as well as any awesome content from the community that I want every member to see.

A few hundred of those PMs are also me sending out PropellerAds promo codes which I am sure you are all happy about ๐Ÿ˜

Increase in traffic

So, we're seeing an increase in traffic throughout the forum, but what channels are bringing them in? I am sure you are wondering, so here's a breakdown:

Paid search: 42%
Organic search: 39%
Email traffic: 27%
Referrals: 67%

Paid search has been a big part of my ad strategy (and ad spend) for affLIFT. I target and retarget everyone searching Google for anything affiliate marketing related (within reason). This has helped bring in thousands of new members as well as many Partner companies.

Organic search being up 39% is maybe my favorite statistic of all. I've worked hard on the SEO for affLIFT for years now. It's been a primary focus because people who are searching on Google who land on affLIFT are more likely to convert long term than anyone else. Plus, unlike my paid search campaigns, it's "free" ๐Ÿ˜ (as "free" as Google allows it to be). You never know what the next algorithm update from Google is going to bring, but for us, it has worked in our favor and hopefully it will continue to.

Email traffic mostly comes from our private message system. I already mentioned the 6,000,000 PMs sent, but I also do email marketing using a custom Sendy system as well as the internal forum email system. We have a MASSIVE open rate of over 64% which says a lot about the power of our community and interest in it (as well as my efforts to make sure we're hitting inboxes).

Last, but surely not least, is referral traffic. This includes traffic from Partner companies linking to affLIFT, sites that mention us, and anyone using their referral link. We saw a big uptick in traffic from people using their referral links. I guess this is a good time to mention we pay 25% commission for LIFE? ๐Ÿค‘

What is 2023 going to have in store for us? I don't know, but I do know I am going to be working hard to maintain our growth and hopefully post even more epic numbers next year ๐Ÿš€