• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • 30% off for ad tracking & automation! Leading affiliates & media buyers use RedTrack for 5-minute cost updates, campaign management, smart rules, CAPI integrations with FB, TikTok, Google Ads, Bing, etc.
    Get 30% OFF!

Guide Using Cloudflare to 301 redirect a domain

RollerAds

Neil

Grandpa affLIFT
Staff Member
Community Leader
Every now and then I find myself needing to redirect a domain, normally if I bought the domain from Namecheap I'd just use their built in advanced DNS but not all domain providers have these features so had to find another way which wasn't going to cost and be quick. I do run a server and use cPanel so previously would just setup a site and use .htaccess or something for a quick fix but due to the corporate greed they seem to be taken over by that option actually costs now so that was out!

I have been using Cloudflare for years now mostly for simple CDN but thought should be able to do something simple like this with them, you can and here is how I did it.

You'll need a Cloudflare account (the free one) and domain name obviously, start off by adding your domain as you normally would

1631955840920-png.20873

When you get to the DNS management part delete ALL the entries then add a dummy IP (anything will do but I tend to use 192.0.0.1) for the root and www like this

1631955992655-png.20874

Then continue with the setup process adding

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!