Forum Software Updated!

MGID

Luke

Admin
Staff Member
Community Leader
You may have noticed things look a little different in a few places here on affLIFT. This afternoon, I updated our forum software, XenForo, to the latest version.

Overall, the update did not change much, but hopefully you'll notice small improvements here and there. For example, you can now include tables in your post, which I am definitely excited about :)

I have a few more features I will be working on over the next week. Our 1 year birthday is in 1 week! ๐ŸŽ‰

OpenAFF is the first technology affiliate network
One feature I am thinking about adding is a giphy search in the post editor so you can easily find and post gifs. Don't want it to get too annoying, but gifs are fun :D

Mark me down as in favor of the giphy search.

Any chance the upgrade changes the 3 char limit on the search? Trying to find posts about AWS is extremely hard w/ that char limit.....

For example, you can now include tables in your post,

that's a good thing because when i started my follow along I had some tables and had to take snippets of it. That's a good improvement!!

I have found an issue. I have bookmarked lot of posts that I think has some useul info. These old bookmarked posts are missing under the new bookmark tab in my profile. The new ones that I have bookmarked after the software update are only vailable. Please fix it @Luke

I have found an issue. I have bookmarked lot of posts that I think has some useul info. These old bookmarked posts are missing under the new bookmark tab in my profile. The new ones that I have bookmarked after the software update are only vailable. Please fix it @Luke
FWIW - It's not isolated - mine are gone too......

Get ready for my Killing Eve references (until Luke removes my gif option haha)

FWIW - It's not isolated - mine are gone too......
Yeah, software has its own native bookmark feature which conflicts with the add-on we were previously using. Iโ€™m going to try to figure out if thereโ€™s a way to import the old ones today.

I will have old bookmarks imported into the new system this afternoon ๐Ÿ‘

Any chance the upgrade changes the 3 char limit on the search? Trying to find posts about AWS is extremely hard w/ that char limit.....
There is a big improvement we can do to the search, but it's a bit more intensive so that update is going to have to wait. I'll hopefully be able to get it done within a few weeks. It's also going to increase the forum overhead by about $160/month. Seems insane because it's literally just an improvement to the search, but I've researched and it's the only option. It'll be worth it once it's done though :)

Well done, @Luke
I vote for gifs, definitely need them here ;)

GIFs are great. Noticed some changes in the forum design as well!