Changing your Twitter username

kaminari

Luke

Admin
Staff Member
Community Leader
I've been afraid of changing my Twitter username from LukePeerFly because I wasn't sure it would go as well as I had hoped. So, I thought I would make a quick thread to explain the process for anyone else planning to do this.

First off, I had the @LukeKling handle from Twitter saved in an account I didn't use. If you want to change your username, you just go to your Settings: https://twitter.com/settings/account

HOWEVER, if you have the username you want on another account, you need to remove it from that account first. This is what I was concerned about. But, all you have to do is change the username on the other account and then you can instantly change it to on your main account.

So, I changed the username on my account I'm not using from @LukeKling to @LukeKling2 and then change the username on my @LukePeerFly account to @LukeKling. I then went back to @LukeKling2 and changed that username to @LukePeerFly lol

Now, my username on Twitter is @LukeKling and I did not lose any of my followers, tweets, or anything else (it's all on the hold @LukePeerFly account):

and I have a placeholder on @LukePeerFly

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!