• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • Yellana is a worldwide CPA network that unites affiliates and direct advertisers on a way of growth 🪐 100+ exclusive offers, weekly payments, all traffic types.
    Join Yellana

80/20 Rule with Affiliate Marketing

Edu-Money

Luke

Admin
Staff Member
Community Leader
First, if you have not heard of the 80/20 Rule or Pareto principle, you can find out all about it here:

Basically, it says that 80% of your effects come from 20% of your causes. Or, 80% of your output come from 20% of your input.

The example they use on the wikipedia page is nice:

1587478126520-png.10156

So, how does it apply to affiliate marketing? Well, if it holds true, 80% of your revenue would come from just 20% of your clicks. Or, potentially, 80% of your revenue would come from just 20% of your campaigns.

My results have been different than that though. I would say my results are closer to 95/5.

95% of my revenue comes from 5% of my campaigns.

I am interested in this so I decided to try to apply the 80/20 rule analysis to a recent push notification campaign I ran. With that campaign, I received traffic from 1200 different ZoneIDs on PropellerAds. That's a lot of ZoneIDs!

Can you guess how much of my revenue was generated by the top 20% of ZoneIDs based on clicks?

97.7%

So, 240 ZoneIDs generated 97.7% of the revenue while 960 ZoneIDs

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!