Which browser versions support push notifications?

Edu-Money

ChrisBa

Grand Guru
Not sure if this has been covered yet, but I've seen contradicting information on this.

Does anyone know which browsers/versions support push notifications? I think most new browsers do support it, but not sure the version cutoff.

AdsEmpire
I recall reading a press release about the new push a few years back and I think it said Firefox version 44. The reason I remember something is that before that FF had push only if you stayed on the site. The new version allowed push on any site.

I recall reading a press release about the new push a few years back and I think it said Firefox version 44. The reason I remember something is that before that FF had push only if you stayed on the site. The new version allowed push on any site.

Cool, thanks!!!

This is what I used when I was trying to figure out which browsers to target when I first started. I’ve primary just done Google Chrome since though.

When looking at the use across the other browsers I can see why. I knew Chrome was the top browser, but didn't realize by how much.

When looking at the use across the other browsers I can see why. I knew Chrome was the top browser, but didn't realize by how much.

That should start to change over the next 6 months to a year as Microsoft and Apple are making the switch to use chromium as the base for their browsers. Will mean features across browsers will be the same or very similar going forward.

But time will tell I guess.