Follow Along SelfAdvertiser And Pops From One Domain - Will It Work?

OpenAFF is the first technology affiliate network

Pat1991

Contributor
Hello,

so I went ahead, borrowed 100 USD from my mother, and while my other campaign is in limbo due to technical issues with the advertiser, I figured I might still go ahead and try something I had on my mind for quite some time.

My strategy here is to use toolbar traffic to get a cookie dropped and essentially "steal" the commission. A bit sneaky and potentially against the ToS of some affiliate programs, but not illegal by any means. A few members here described using this for Booking.com and Alibaba.com and making a fortune a few years ago, and it had been going through my mind for a few years, so I thought what the hell, I may as well try it.

Basically, I sign up for an affiliate program (not necessarily CPA) and get pop traffic for the exact domain of the product. This way, as soon as the visitors goes through the site, he gets my popup, which drops the cookie and makes the sale mine. One might argue it is immoral because I am not doing any "real" advertising, then again the visitor might actually be triggered to buy through

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!